View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm another with tons of scrapping supplies. Its absolutely crazy. I need to go through my mess this summer and clear it out so my kids can have that room for toys. I also have tubs and tubs of rubber stamps. I sold stamps for The Angel Company back in the day and I have so many of those that it isn't even funny. Most are never used because as much as I loved collecting stamps, the actual stamping process bored me to tears. LOL

Honestly though, digiscrapping can be just as expensive if not MORE so. Even with the pricey trinket now and then, I figured I was paying about $3 a layout on average. If I buy a digital kit and use it for one layout then that's a heck of a lot more costly than my paper average. Just because you CAN reuse digi supplies doesn't mean people always do. People always get excited about how much less they will be spending but I am quick to point out that no matter how you do it, scrapping isn't really a 'cheap' hobby.

Personally, I CAN get buy with digiscrapping for free. I can create my own kits or use freebies and wait for book codes to come along to have my books printed for free (I've never paid for a Shutterfly book and I have probably 90 of them). So, its always nice to tell my DH that... its 'free', honey. It doesn't work that way though. When I look at what I've spent here since January its a little scary. so while I CAN scrap for free, I don't. Its nice to know that if I suddenly never had any disposable income again that I'd still be able to enjoy this hobby though. That wouldn't be the case with paper as my paper supplies would run out at some point.