Thread: stock photos
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 03:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I understand all the different points posted here. I can understand if you don't want to post information or photos of your kids or family. But for me, scrapping is about my family and our memories. I would prefer to use a not so great photo because it represents that moment in time, than to use a perfect stock photo that is not a representation of us. I also tend to be annoyed by the use of stock photos used in the promotion of kits. If there were only 2 CT members scrapping with a given kit, than by all means use a stock photo layout. But for most designers they have multiple choices of layouts to use to promote that kit. I would prefer to see real life family scrapped with a kit, rather than a fully perfect looking page that I know my own page won't look like. While the pages with stock photos are very pretty, I would much rather see how a lollipop page can be scrapped in everyday life, rather than a stock photo of the perfect lollipop licking photo. Or how a cutting down the tree kit can be used for daily life photos, than a perfect couple cutting down the perfect tree, with perfect lighting and perfect outfits. My life is NOT perfect by any means, but I love it and love to scrap our not so perfect moments of our life!

I guess all that to say, to each their own. I do agree that stock photos need to be credited, since that way when leaving love you are not praising someone for their wonderful photography skills, only to realize it was a stock photo.