View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 12:27 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

iI used to be a paper scrapper and enjoyed it, but I wasn't handy enough with tools to cut and glue accurately (and also a perfectionist!). I didn't have a dedicated scrapping space, so used to bring out my supplies onto the (small) kitchen table and pack them away again afterwards - this was all pre-kids while living in an apartment! (although those were the days, now that I think about it )

When I became pregnant with our first child in 2010, I knew that I wanted to scrap about my pregnancy and turn it into a photobook, as I'd seen some great pages that other people had made on their computers. I like learning new skills and I already knew my way around Photoshop a bit, so over a few months I looked at LOTS of tutorials and lurked around on a digiscrapping website that doesn't exist anymore). Then I started slowly posting my layouts a little bit and loved the community aspect of receiving feedback, which inspired me to keep creating. And before I knew it, I had a beautiful finished project and a new hobby - and no more paper scrapping! - the rest was history. After three (actually, nearly four!) kids and PND triggered by a complicated pregnancy and premature birth of our twins, I can quite honestly say that scrapping has been one of the best things possible in my life, helping me to focus on the present while doing something for myself. xx

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020