Thread: Virgin Mobile?
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have been with Virgin Mobile for almost 2 years now. We have the $25 a month plan that consists of 300 talk minutes and unlimited text and data. They changed the pricing a while back and it is currently $35 a month but those with the plan already were grandfathered in.

Anyway, customer service has been great. We have very little in the way of outages or dropped calls. However, check their coverage map for your area. Our coverage here sucks. We are fin in town and we are fine traveling East but if we go another direction we tend to lose service entirely. It never used to bother me as we didn't go other directions often but now the kids are starting to have games in different towns around here and we need more reliable coverage. I'm thinking of picking up a cheap TracFone for that though. TracFone has a big coverage area and I really just need it for emergencies while we are away from our coverage area. Our phones work just fine once we go West a certain distance too but our local areas are the issue.

DH and I bought new phones on Black Friday and got smartphones. I have to say how awesome it is that I can do most of what my friends with iphones can do and I still only pay $25 a month. That part I LOVE!