View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 09:22 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Well, well, well... will wonders never cease?! haha ...I actually found the photo I was looking for! In less than a day! (I sure wish my actual house was as well-organized as my blog archives... geez louise... wouldn't that be amazing?!!).

Here's my "office" in our basement:

Here's the sad part... this photo was taken over a year ago, and umm... well... not much has changed. That sewing machine still hasn't moved an inch (and not because I have sewn much any time recently... ahem...) *hides face in shame*

Anyway, here's what I love and what I hate... what I'd do again, what I'd do differently, etc...

*LOVE having a built-in desk with a large/long countertop. Super easy to fill it with clutter. (LOL just kidding!) Seriously, it's nice to have a big long space that can function in multiple ways: line up a few computers/peripherals? Check. Paper scrap? Check (not that I have done this recently! ...but I could). Gift-wrapping? Check. Etc. Etc. Etc.

*HATE that b/c it's in the basement, the lighting is terrible. Make sure you set yourself up to actually be able to see what you're doing, wherever it is that you set-up. Even if it means installing some good overhead lighting (or getting one of those really bright Ott lights, or whatever they're called?). When I do computer work, it's all good b/c the screen is bright regardless of the room's lighting... but if/when I try to do something crafty/hybrid/sewing/etc. w/ my hands and eyes, it's not ideal. I hadn't thought of that when I claimed the space.

*LOVE that I can get away from everything and hide in a retreat in our basement... nice to have some "me space"

*HATE that because it's not in the center of the house, I don't end up using it as much as I should/would like to. In truth, a good majority of my scrapping and designing takes place on my laptop in various other parts of the house... so definitely think about where you want to work on certain things, before you lock yourself into being in a certain place to do those things.

That's all I can think of right now?