View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 05:37 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Magic Bands are only included if you're staying in a Disney hotel (although you can purchase them). That's also the only way you can use them to pay for stuff. You're not actually paying with the band but are charging it back to your hotel room.

If you're purchasing Memory Maker, the photos from Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Frozen Ever After as well as the on ride videos from Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Tower of Terror can only be added to your account through the MagicBand. There are no touchpoints to claim your photos for those and no touchpoints for any of the ride videos. It's done through the MagicBand's long range RFID.

After you've used your initial three Fastpass, you can make additional ones (one at at time) by using your My Disney Experience account. You can either use the MDE app on your phone or at a kiosk in the park. Unless they've changes something since I was there in December, the app can only be downloaded on Android or iPhones. It's not available for Windows based phones.

EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom use a tiering system for FP. When you choose your initial three FP, you can only choose one tier one attraction and the other two would have to be tier 2. You can get another Tier 1 attraction FP after using your initial three (if there are any still available).

For Epcot, the Tier 1 attractions are Frozen Ever After, Soarin', Test Track and Illuminations. Tier 1 attractions at Hollywood Studios are Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Toy Story Midway Mania, The Great Movie Ride, Beauty & the Beast, , Fantasmic, and the Music of Pixar Live. Animal Kingdom's Tier 1 attractions are both of the new attractions in Pandora - Avatar Flight of Passage and Na'vi River Journey.

You can also choose all three FP to be Tier 2 attractions.

Staying offsite, you will be able to set up your FP 30 days in advance but I believe it's 30 days in advance for each (ie: if you're going to be in Disney Park 7 days in a row, you'd make your FB 30 days in advance each day for 7 days - staying onsite you can make them 60 days in advance for your entire trip - up to 10 days, I believe).

There's a lot of construction going on in Hollywood Studios right now for the additions of Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land and sever attractions have closed for that. Also, Wishes has been replaced at Magic Kingdom by Happily Every After which is both fireworks and projections on the castle. The Main Street Electrical parade stopped it's run last year and has been moved back to Disneyland so the only parade at Magic Kingdom now is Festival of Fantasy in the afternoon.

Last edited by JuliaM; 07-10-2017 at 05:44 PM.