View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree
Default Are these hives?

Just a little background: C has an ear infection and has been on amoxil since Monday Feb 1st. He has been congested and snotty and I thought he sounded wheezy so we went back to the doctors yesterday and he was diagnosed with RSV and is on albuterol. Well at the appointment yesterday we discovered a rash on his stomach and the ped said it's probably just the virus "coming out" and to watch it and if it starts to look like hives to let him know. Well I've never seen a hive, I've been lucky enough to never have them and none of my kids have had them so I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for, but as of this morning that rash now covers his entire body....it's even on his palms and the soles of his feet It's red and "dotty" and it looks raised but it's not really. I *THINK* I can feel it and then I think I can't. I don't have the luxuary of just running into the peds since we are in the middle of a blizzard but if I had enough people think it's hives I'll call and see if he wants me to fax him or email him the photos. So what do you think (I had to use the flash since I was trying to hold a wiggley baby, cover his privates and take the pictures so I edited them to darken them a bit and bump up the contrast, but surprisingly they look like almost what I see with the naked eye!!)

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow