View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 05:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've only ever done it monthly (I'm starting my third year now)... I usually do four pages a month (five or six if its a busy month). I copy all the photos I want to include into a folder labelled for that month as I take them, until I'm ready to scrap. I don't place them on my pages in strict date order though - so long as they're in the relevant month that's good enough for me. Sometimes I'll add a date caption if I think it's important. If I have a generic photo (e.g. of one of my kids or the cat) that I like but can't fit in, I sometimes just push it into the next month.

I sometimes start scrapping my pages during the month but more often than not I do it at the very end of the month or after the month's finished - that makes it easier to figure out where to fit the photos in since I'm not too bothered about doing it chronologically.

I mostly use Traci's Pocket Life collection (for all the pages in the month) so it looks sort of consistent, and add other bits and pieces where I feel like it - I don't do alot of extra embellishing though.

Here are my pages for January - they're not all finished yet but it gives you an idea of what I do... January was a busy month as it's our summer school holidays so I have six pages this month. I'll then scrap individual pages for significant events (e.g. a day trip or holiday/vacation, or even a photo I REALLY like) and then slot them in my album between the January and February pocket pages. Sometimes, because I take so many photos, I'll include a few photos of say a holiday in my pocket pages just as a taster, but still scrap 1-2 individual pages just about the holiday (hope that makes sense).

Good luck!