View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 09:41 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Kids' Life/Childhood Book Anyone do something like this?

I am finally starting on this idea I have for my kids, and would love to know if anyone else does anything similar and share tips or organization.

The books will be for each kid to have their own printed when they leave home and be just the highlights of years. The oldest is 9 now, they have all lived in 3 places already and we expect a few more moves before they graduate. My goal is to have a page to maybe 3 or 4 for each category. Our home (the outside, address, their room), their friends while we were there, favorite places, school (class picture/teacher/field trip), sports/activities, trips taken, milestones (birthdays celebrated there,lost teeth, first, surgeries or such).

Right now I have folders for each of them with those folders for each of the past places and one for the current place. I want to add pictures as we are here so it is easier to do the recap once we move (and have notes with the pictures and names for all the teammates and friends). The hardest part is choosing just one or two picture from a trip or event so far!

I figure we have the family yearbooks and if they want they can have those printed as well - these will just be the highlights not all the details.

But this is just the beginning - so I would love any insights from anyway who has done something like this before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk