View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 04:00 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

i used to work for a childrens photography studio, so i have millions of photos of siblings together - none of which i can post due to privacy rules!

But some poses i would do with siblings around your kids age -
-get the older one to lie on her tummy and have bub sit (or lie) on her back (normally a good pose as its like a "horsey" ride so they find it fun) - angle the older child and have her cross her feet up in the air to get a full length shot for something different.
-have them both lie on their tummies, but have them so they are nose to nose - ie - they have to turn their heads to look at the camera (that way you dont get their feet in the shot and u can get in nice and close to their faces - its sometimes a good idea to get the older one to have her arm over the baby in this pose to get them closer together..just depends on how big your daughter is and how cooperative!
-put bub in something...i used to do alot of bucket/box/some sort of container! shots that keep a wriggly baby contained. - get the older child to straddle the bucket/box - make sure shes angled and not fully front on to the camera.
-back to back

i'd also stalk photography blogs/websites for ideas