View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 12:02 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

This was supposed to be her first of many play pages that I started scrapping last Tuesday. I was distracted with her, my husband that I didn't get back to it until Saturday after we went to the vet. By that time, I didn't want to scrap a life layout that I knew this was going to be both her life/death layout. I finished it today, after we said our final goodbye to our precious kitten. It was the hardest thing to see, my children suffering.

I tried to post the journaling, but the gallery won't let me post it. So here it is if you want to read it:
How do I tell this story, the life of Ahsoka and how she came to us without ending in tears? A friend of the family had asked if anyone local wanted a pure-bred Bengal kitten that wasn’t adjusting well to her home. Mama knew that Bengal cats were hypoallergenic and asked this friend if she would consider our family for rehoming. On May 13, we went and visited this beautiful and precious kitten. It was love at first sight. Daddy told our friend that we wanted to take her home that day, and we did! As soon as we came home, the kids quickly decided on a name for our new kitty, which was just a trialun to make sure Madalyn didn’t have any allergic reactions. They decided on a name as Ahsoka fell asleep on Mama and Daddy’s bed for the night. The following days, Mama joined a few Bengal Facebook Groups and realized our kitten was nothing like the kittens in that group. She expressed her concerns, but they were dismissed. By Friday of that week, Daddy agreed that something was wrong with our kitten. She was hardly drinking or eating and spent most of her days sleeping. We took her to the animal hospital, where we were met with our friend. We never imagined the news we would get from the vet. She thought she had feline infectious peritonitis (fip) which is fatal. We did the necessary tests and waited for the results. But in the meantime we gave her medicine and things that might make her feel better. After a few days, the vet called with the devastating news, confirming fip. It was decided that should the test results be positive, we would do the humane thing and put Ahsoka down. On Thursday, May 17, less than two weeks, our family met with the previous family at the vet and said our good byes to the best cat our family could ever have been blessed. Ahsoka was cremated and the ashes were given to the previous owners, and our family received ornamental paw prints for each of the children to honor their first kitten. Ahsoka might have only been part of the family for a short time frame, but she taught us so much about ourselves and loving an animal so quickly and completely