View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 12:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
I live a whole-food, plant-based lifestyle and have for several years now. No meat, no dairy. Whole foods that are plant based. No need to count calories and I've never felt better - I feel better in my 50s than I did in my 20s and 30s.

And before you ask "How do you get enough protein?" Let me ask you, how much fiber do you get? 97% of Americans don't meet the MINIMAL requirement for fiber intake

To great reads are Proteinaholic by Dr. Garth Davis and How NOT to Die by Dr. Michael Greger. It's not a diet, it's a way of life now.

I was browsing Dr. Greger's website the other day. Interesting stuff. I'm not sure I'm quite ready to go completely plant-based but I definitely want to move more in that direction. I find it challenge because I have the gene that makes me a "super-taster" which means that a lot of veggies simply taste bad/bitter to me. But, I think I need to try to be a little more creative too and find ways to prepare them that I would like better.

Will you share what you eat for breakfast if you are plant-based, gluten free and dairy free. Since giving up eggs (cholesterol) and not wanting to go to bread or cereal kind of breakfasts (simple carbs), I've mainly been having steel-cut oatmeal all week. I need to figure out more options!

[Edited: oh, wait, maybe you aren't gluten free? I think I was combining everyone's responses in my mind.]

Last edited by DawnMarch; 08-09-2017 at 12:22 PM.