View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 02:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
Staying inside with the air con on - its forecast to be 45 degrees C (113 F) this weekend!
That's hot!!! Come to Colorado, it never gets that hot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
My husband is moving 4.5 hours away for the next year and a half and coming home on weekends so that we can keep our last kid in high school til she is done, so we are in Savannah helping him get settled this weekend. Here's to hoping this time flies by. He is a DoD contractor so he is going from a base in Columbus, GA to one outside of Savannah. I wish we could have all moved honestly, but our youngest is just getting used to where we moved as it is. We have only been here a year and she's such a shy and anxiety ridden kid. She was so depressed when we had to move here so to see her just now getting back to normal....I just didn't want to do it again. This military moving crap is hard on them...and technically we aren't even military lol. I don't know how military spouses have the strength sometimes.
I know where you are!! I loved Fort Benning!! When he had his pick of duty stations, he asked me if I wanted to go to Savannah, but he picked Carson instead! I hope the time flies by quickly so that your family can be reunited again. You are good parents, allowing your oldest to graduate with her high school, instead of moving her so close to completion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
It's going to be so stinking cold all weekend that I think we'll spend a lot of it just at home. Right now it's 16 degrees F and feels like -8. For the Washington, DC area, that's almost unheard of!
I miss DC, but I don't miss the weather. I'm sorry you are all in this cold spell and hope it passes by quickly. Please promise you'll share cherry blossom photos when it's Spring?!