View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
Any suggestions? Ella is very quickly reaching the age when I'm going to have to move her to a big girl bed. She's still in her crib with a crib tent but where once I would place her in it, zip her up and she'd lay down and go to sleep, she's now totally balking at it. Last night she cried for over an hour. But for now she needs to be there for safety. Her room is upstairs and she's still not able to go up and down them alone..she tries to go too fast and if I weren't holding onto her she'd fall. Soooo. When I do move her to a big girl bed I'm going to need a gate at her bedroom door that I can trust she will not be able to climb over, open or knock down on her own.

This is exactly where we're at! Except our daugher *knock on wood* still goes to bed with no problems. She just wakes up super early in the morning and cries and cries.
We were thinking about putting a baby gate in her doorway too, but she likes to sleep with her bedroom door closed so we can't put one in there. But since we're afraid that anyday now she'll climb out.. and since she can open the door she can go anywhere in the house... we may have to put an-easy release (for us) lock on the outside so she can't open the door. Her whole room is baby-safe so it's no prob there.

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!