View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 12:51 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
Stupid question here... What makes teeth move as an adult? Or does it only happen if you had braces as a teen first?
It can happen if you have braces as an adult too, unfortunately. I had braces in my 20s and I had a permanent retainer put on afterward because they were worried a couple of particular teeth would want to move back to their "natural" positions. But I had pretty extreme work done, including removing half of the roof of my mouth to get to a tooth which was lying horizontally up there. I also had another tooth at a 90 degree angle. So some of my top teeth are currently eally- far from their original positions, which I've been told makes them very prone to movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
I wanted to look into braces and invisalign. We have put 3 kids through braces and one declined them. But I feel so guilty spending the money on me! I never had braces as a kid. My teeth aren't awful, but they embarrass me and I'd love to fix them! So glad to hear others' experiences!
That's really awesome that you gave your boys the choice. My parents did the same for me and it made me so much more comfortable getting them at a time of my choosing when I was older.