Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2013, 08:06 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default My Stepson and His Wife

They are going to take us to court and try to get Adrienne. They came by today and said they could provide better for her than we could. DH told them to go ahead and try. They got mad and left but before they left, my stepson said he wished it hadn't come to this. That they had no choice now. They want to take all parental rights away from Adrienne's Mommy, no visits from her at all. I believe my stepson and his wife are so wrong. They don't believe Adrienne has allergies even though she was tested for them. They don't believe she should seek counseling. I am so tore up over this.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Good luck in this battle! Follow your heart! Fight to the end for her if that is what you know is in her best interest!
Old 03-24-2013, 08:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh my heart is going out to you! Sending you prayers and hugs, what an awful situation to have to go through with your family

Old 03-24-2013, 08:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

*hugs* I am sorry it has come to this. I hope the court will really see what is in her best interests. I'd make sure you document EVERYTHING. Every test result, doctors visit, therapy visit, etc. so that when you get to court you have these records, you have the proof from professionals that you are taking the best care possible for her.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry you and Adrienne have to go through this! It sounds like you're doing wonderfully by her, so keep doing what you think is right. Like Jennifer recommended, document everything. A friend of mine is involved in a custody case for her daughter, and her lawyer told her that the letter she has from her ex-husband to the school saying that he didn't want their daughter to receive services for her learning disability is a very strong thing in her favor.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

I'm not sure what state you live in but I can tell you this from my experience (state of Ohio) it's going to be almost impossible for them to get custody!!! My parents (dad -78 and mom 71) have custody of my twin nephews (they were just three when they got them and are now 4). There father is killed (my brother) and their mother abandon them. My husband and I wanted to get custody and my parents lawyer told us it would be almost impossible since they had living grandparents that wanted them (we were fine with this there was no "fight", we wanted them for obvious reason...we are young and have kids close in age to them). Then their uncle (the mother's brother - quite young - late 20's- and his wife) petitioned the court for the boys they were denied. Because their were grandparents that wanted them. Grandparents "trump" almost every other relative!!!

But I agree with Jennifer.....document EVERYTHING!!! Keep every note/letter you get. Keep track of every conversation you have. I'm sending you all the good thoughts and prayers I have!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 03-24-2013, 09:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am sorry you guys are going through that, I will be thinking of you guys and really hope the situation works out the same as Elizabeth described where grandparents trump other relatives. Document everything and just keep loving that grand daughter of yours!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Wow...I'm really sorry they are putting you all through this...especially your granddaughter.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:53 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

So sorry. : (
Old 03-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Stay strong!! I am so sorry that you are facing this.