Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Question What HTML Editor do you use?

I am looking for a free or inexpensive (or free) html editor. I figured that y'all would have some fabulous feedback... so here I am asking for your opinions. I am using a PC with Windows 7 installed.

First off... I do have a basic understanding of HTML. I can hand code basic to intermediate stuff, but I often times forget the codes (like for tables and such). I would like an editor that has a WYSIWYG option.

Googled a bit and I found a few that looked interesting. I am sure there are more out there... thus the reason for this post.

I was looking at CoffeeCup HTML Editor. Altho they have a free version, I am looking at the one you purchase. It isn't very expensive, but I have had absolutely no experience with them. I seem to recall that they had a good reputation. It is only $49 which seems very reasonable. Yes... I realize they have a free trial, but if it sucks then why waste my time? LOL

Years ago I used HTML Kit (which is free) and liked it okay. It didn't have a WYSIWYG option (and I really want that since it will save me significant time). I will need to see if their newest version has features that I wanted to have on the version I used years ago.

Here is one that has caught my eye. I have never heard of it before, but it seems like it is user friendly and it is FREE. It is called SeaMonkey and is a Mozilla project. Does anyone have any experience with this application?

Sooooo many questions. I hope you have some answers for me. Now... no recommending Dreamweaver or anything that costs quite a bit. I only need it for coding here and there. I have absolutely NO interest in making and designing websites. I just want to be able code basic stuff for my wordpress blog and my newsletter. I don't need anything fancy.

Thanks in advance. I know y'all will have excellent advice for me. Come on girls and guys... hook me up!

Eva Kipler
BLOGSWEET SHOPPE STORE TWITTER FACEBOOK FAN PAGE NEWSLETTER SIGNUP

♥ SNAG IF YOU ARE A FAN! ♥ ------------->
Old 01-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

No advice from me, I hand code or use Dreamweaver LOL! I hope you find something that suits you!