Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Sweet Reads-Book Club
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2015, 05:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Currently Reading Week of 4/10

What's the last book you finished?
What are you reading right now?
What's on your TBR?

What's the last book you finished?

I've finished several books over the last two weeks.

Horns by Joe Hill - This was an odd read. I didn't love it, but it was okay.

Station Eleven by Hilary St. John Mandel - I really really liked this one...4 stars

Voyager by Diana Gabaldon 3rd book of the series and I'm totally hooked now. Oh Jamie

Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson - this is a YA Historical Fiction and a retelling of the Blue Beard Fairy Tale. It was okay..I liked Nickerson's first book better but this one was a nice quick read.

Rogues edited by George R.R. Martin and Gardner Dozois I ended up not reading every short story in this collection but the ones by Patrick Rothfuss and George R.R. Martin were excellent. Some others were okay and some were just really bad (Gillian Flynn's was like something from a high school creative writing class)

On audiobook I finished Egg and Spoon by Gregory Maguire and narrated by Michael Page This was a middle grade fantasy set in late 19th century Russia. It was okay but I didn't love it.

What are you reading right now?

Mother of Winter by Barbara Hambly - this is the 4th book in The Darwath Series by Hambly...great series if you like adult high fantasy.

The Witch's Boy by Kelly Barnhill Middle Grade Fantasy..I'm only about 1/4 in but it's really good and I'll probably read it with my kids this summer.

On audible I'm listening to Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke - This is good..it's like historical fiction meets magical realism meets fantasy. Really good so far.

+

I'm also reading The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan with my kids.

What's on your TBR?

A Desperate Fortune by Susanna Kearsley - One of my fave author's new books and I can't wait to get to it.

The Returned by Jason Mott

Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon (Outlander #4)