Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2013, 12:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default food allergies?

Oh, I don't know how some of you do it... I've often thought I was allergic to wheat since if I mostly gluten free, I find that my headaches and skin rashes go away... so that restriction was only inflicted on me and if we go out for burgers, me going bun less wasn't an issue...

Now comes in short stack aka the kid... at the end of July, we have him tested for allergies and food sensitivities because he just doesn't seem to be "processing" the food like he should, if you know what I mean... and sure enough, he is allergic to Wheat, Apples, Carrots, and Peanuts.... okay, outside that these foods were the main core of his lunches and that Apples are his most favorite food on the planet... we can get along without that... and hubby and I were planning on for the month of September to do the Paleo/Whole Food diet... cool, right?

Well, we find out earlier this week that Kiddo is also highly sensitive to Coconut, egg yolk and Wheat (again)... and if you are familiar with gluten free diets, coconut is everywhere (plus I only cook with coconut oil) as is eating eggs... needless to say, going grocery shopping today was long and exhausting.

How do your families cope with food allergies and sensitivities? I hate to have to make two separate meals... I'm more of a "everyone eats whats on the table - this isn't a restaurant" type of mom... haha... for the sensitive foods, J can't have them for 3 months and then we go to a rotation diet where he can get the item every four days or so... at least there is only 3 of us in the house...

Are there any favorite recipes/blogs that you follow?