Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Long Term Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Project Life 2014?

Who's going to be starting or continuing this year? Digital, paper, or hybrid? What's your process? If you're continuing, are you making any changes? Any tips to share?

I'm starting my 2nd year. Midway through last year I switched to 100% digital, and I'm sticking with that. Things stay in my digital pockets much better than in my Becky Higgins pockets, LOL.

I use the Diaro app to journal throughout the week. This year I've tended to work on PL pages in batches a few weeks at a time. I place all the photos and journaling for a few weeks into their LOs, then I come back and add in the scrappy stuff. I think that will still work better for me than doing a week at a time every week, but I want to be better about doing it every 2-3 weeks rather than constantly being a few months behind and playing catch up.

Making my PL LOs less cluttered and a little more scrappy is still a work in progress, so I'll keep trying to be more selective in what photos and journaling I include. I watched a little of Becky Higgins's Creative Live class when it was free, and one thing she said that resonated with me is that 7 or 8 photos a week are enough for her to capture and remember the week, even if there are other good ones she's leaving out. Easier said than done on the weeks I have a lot of photos, but I'm trying!