Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who should be responsible for keeping track of & making sure homework is done?
parents 19 26.76%
kids 25 35.21%
other 27 38.03%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default which side do you fall on?

I was having a discussion with my best friend the other day after a conference with my sons teachers. We were talking about how alot of parents not only help their kids with homework but know what is due and when its due etc. Both she and I think thats ok when the kids are young but they should be able to be responsible for their own homework when they reach middle school. The teachers though kinda act like if you do not know every assigment given that you are horrible parents. I know when I was younger and in school it was defenitely my responsibility. The only reason my mother knew what was due is if I needed her to buy supplies for the assignment. I made sure it was done and kept track of it all on my own and my best friend said her mom was the same way. I am there of course if my kids need any help with homework or an assignment but I think the responsibility for keeping track of it all should fall on their shoulders. What do you think?

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow