Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2011, 03:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Sooo....American Idol??

Are you watching this year???

I'm underwhelmed with it right now...I mean...without Simon...I'm just not sure...

I do know that Jennifer whats her name will probably make me want to scratch out my eyeballs lol..

and whenever I think or hear about Steven Tyler..I feel let down...like he's let me down lol!! Does anyone know what I mean...I guess I mean he's STE-VEN TY-LER....freaking Aerosmith...one of the greatest rock bands of my lifetime...he's a rock star...he's cooler than cool and now American Idol? Really?

I mean maybe it will be okay..maybe he'll bring it to a new level of coolness...

but still

Old 01-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

I have no intentions of watching it to be honest. I just don't feel like it's the same without Simon. I may watch a few episodes but really no intentions.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The last time I really watched American Idol was when David Cook won....I can't remember when that was, lol...now that Simon is gone I definitely won't watch it....he would have been the only person that could have interested me in watching it.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I didn't watch last year and haven't really followed, but I'd be interested to watch this year. Has it started back already?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It starts back tonight at 7 central I think

Old 01-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

It starts tonight Libby.
I hate this show and I pray that the loss of Simon will be the END of it.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

I haven't religiously watched AI since the first season. I watched the Adam Lambert season off and on because I liked him <3

AI is boring and kinds dumb IMO so I hope it's nearing it's end LOL
Old 01-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I haven't really been watching for years.. i was just saying yesterday and that there is SO much natural talent on youtube that really.. there isn't even a need (imo) for idol these days.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Haven't watched recently.

Who are the judges now?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I always watch it, kinda like I always watch Batchelor -- neither of them are intelligent programming, but kinda guilty pleasures. I think we'll probably watch a little tonight (will have family over for Sadie's birthday, but they'll probably wanna watch too), and then just see how it goes from there.

I did see Steven Tyler on Regis & Kelly. He said he was a little weak the first few weeks, but then stepped it up. Doesn't sound encouraging. :|

My Blog -- Three 4 Me

Proudly creating for Zoe Pearn
Old 01-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been watching consistently for the past several seasons and enjoyed it up until last year. Last season was just so boring. Even Simon looked bored. I'm not sure I'll even bother watching now that Simon's gone. The whole thing is just very underwhelming.

I've stopped watching nearly all of my shows. TV has become boring. I don't know....
Old 01-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

For me I think it's gonna be like a train wreck, you don't want to look, but you just can't help it. I mean really...what could be worse than Paula. I will miss Simon though so I'm sure it will be lacking, but I'll watch just like I do every year.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyfish View Post
For me I think it's gonna be like a train wreck, you don't want to look, but you just can't help it.
this exactly.
i always watch the auditions but i'm usually meh after that.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't think there's ever been a season I didn't start watching but I haven't always made it all the way through. Last season was such a snooze fest that I definitely would have stopped watching but because I was doing so well in the SSD AI challenge I didn't want to quit, haha. Of course a lot of this is largely due to the fact that I skip through a LOT of the show thanks to TiVo so it's more like an American Idol highlights show rather than an entire 2-hr show every week.

I think it'll be interesting to see how all the changes will play out. I always liked Simon but I think he's been done with the show for several seasons now and it showed in his work (especially last season). Getting some fresh judges who are actually excited to judge could be a good thing. Plus I'm curious to see whether some of the other changes they're making will play out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
and whenever I think or hear about Steven Tyler..I feel let down...like he's let me down lol!! Does anyone know what I mean...I guess I mean he's STE-VEN TY-LER....freaking Aerosmith...one of the greatest rock bands of my lifetime...he's a rock star...he's cooler than cool and now American Idol? Really?

I mean maybe it will be okay..maybe he'll bring it to a new level of coolness...

but still
See and when I think of Steven Tyler and Aerosmith I think "those aging rockers who sang that incredibly sappy and overplayed song from Armageddon and performed in the Superbowl half-time show with Britney Spears and N'Sync." I don't know that they had too many cool points to begin with, haha.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
I don't think there's ever been a season I didn't start watching but I haven't always made it all the way through. Last season was such a snooze fest that I definitely would have stopped watching but because I was doing so well in the SSD AI challenge I didn't want to quit, haha. Of course a lot of this is largely due to the fact that I skip through a LOT of the show thanks to TiVo so it's more like an American Idol highlights show rather than an entire 2-hr show every week.

I think it'll be interesting to see how all the changes will play out. I always liked Simon but I think he's been done with the show for several seasons now and it showed in his work (especially last season). Getting some fresh judges who are actually excited to judge could be a good thing. Plus I'm curious to see whether some of the other changes they're making will play out.

See and when I think of Steven Tyler and Aerosmith I think "those aging rockers who sang that incredibly sappy and overplayed song from Armageddon and performed in the Superbowl half-time show with Britney Spears and N'Sync." I don't know that they had too many cool points to begin with, haha.
Aw come on now ...Permanent Vacation..Get a Grip...Big Ones..those albums are still in my playlists

In the late 80's early 90's (my teen and college years) Aerosmith was HUGE...so I guess for me there's also sentimental connections with their music

Old 01-19-2011, 06:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have no intentions of watching it this year. Simon made the show for me and without him - it's just a singing show.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
Aw come on now ...Permanent Vacation..Get a Grip...Big Ones..those albums are still in my playlists

In the late 80's early 90's (my teen and college years) Aerosmith was HUGE...so I guess for me there's also sentimental connections with their music
Yeah those album names don't mean anything to me. But to be fair, I asked a good friend of mine (we're the same age) and she said Aerosmith was awesome and being on AI was definitely uncool sooooo perhaps it's more due to my own personal tastes than the band itself, haha.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Um. Cool or uncool, Steven Tyler was awesome. And I really did NOT want to watch this year.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm sort of with Kresta. It will probably be on here but I'll probably be surfing the forums here and maybe I'll actually get some pages done.

I'm DVRing the Batchelor. I zip through most of it and just watch highlights. I skip the rose ceremony. For that one I should be riding my exercise bike so that it's not a total waste. I'm sort of sick of the whole batchelor/batchelorette formula where they can't really work out so it must have that sort of train wreck attention for me.

Plus, did I mention that I should be riding my exercise bike. If I could get back into that habit again I usually allow myself a whole plethora of trashy shows. [19 kids & counting, Millionaire matchmaker, Keeping up with the Kardashians] I {heart} the DVR.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:34 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

In Holland we are making us ready for the final of the Voice of Holland. I think this show is sold to America. The auditions were new. There are 4 coaches sitting backwards judging the singers only on vocal quality! So great! Now 4 persons are left and they really rock.

We cannot see American Idol here....
Old 01-20-2011, 07:47 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Ok I was pleasantly surprised with the judges and think I may actually like watching this year. What did everyone else think?

Old 01-20-2011, 07:52 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyfish View Post
Ok I was pleasantly surprised with the judges and think I may actually like watching this year. What did everyone else think?
Ditto! I was going to say the same thing...it was just fun to watch for some reason...DH and I were cracking up at Steven Tyler..who knew he was so funny!

And I didn't hate Jennifer Lopez like I though I would...so pleasantly surprised...

I also loved that they focused on the TALENT rather than the awfulness...

Maybe it'll be a whole new fresh show after all

Old 01-20-2011, 12:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I watched last night and was pretty disappointed.
I do like Jennifer Lopez, but I thought Steven Tyler was kinda annoying on there... he kept saying all these rhymes about everyone. lol

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 01-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

As a general rule, I don't watch American Idol except for the auditions just so I can watch the crazies that show up. But we watched last night and I thought Steven Tyler was pretty hilarious. JLo kind of annoyed me but at least they don't take themselves so seriously like Simon always seemed to. They seemed to be enjoying themselves at least and I thought it made for a better show. And that girl who did the "yo yo dog" thing to Randy was pretty funny. And the weird Michael Jackson-esque guy. Too funny.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I was glad to see they took some of the criticisms the show has been getting...like showing way too many awful auditions in these early episodes...it was nice to see semi-talent..I can only take so much of the awfulness...

Jennifer Lopez needs to get a little tougher though...not wanting to say no is not helping anyone...Ryan said they sent through like over 50 to Hollywood..that's a LOT compared to the past few seasons.

I'm still hoping there's another David Cook out there somewhere