Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery
Angry NEED HELP WITH USING TEMPLATES... PLEASE :o)

Hi,
I have Scrapbook Max and I DON'T KNOW HOW to use the Templates that are in the Shop here. I have found a Template I like and I see what it should help me do to achieve the LO that I want,but I DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA HOW TO USE THEM IN MY PROGRAM !!!

I wasn't sure where to ask the question or anything here either, so if its in a WRONG SPOT...SORRY. ..... I just didn't know where to turn to ask the question.

I have went nutty trying to find answers and no luck !

Thank you
Love4Scrap

***UPDATE*** PLEASE READ POST #18... I had NO LUCK,but gone and did something else,so I'm going to need another kinda HELP....LOL...LOL...LOL...)

Last edited by love4scrap; 07-10-2011 at 06:23 AM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 07-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What photo-editing program are you using? Is there an instructions file included with your download?

I'm using Photoshop CS5 and have experience with Photoshop Elements as well. I don't know if any other programs out there are template-compatible?

I'm sorry you're struggling with the templates and hope that you're able to get them fixed up quickly.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Im using the Scrapbook Max version 1 and I don't see anything that would help me with the Templates on the program ,nor in the Template File I downloaded. I'm just LOST !!!
Old 07-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Does your software support layers? or specifically file types such as .psd and .tiff? I'm not familiar with that software at all but the premise of the templates in the shop here is layers and clipping masks, so I 'm not entirely sure they will work in your program?

kit used for siggie "Kona Coast" by Julie Billingsley
Old 07-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Disclaimer: I know NOTHING about Scrapbook Max and I'm not an expert this is just what I have found googling!!!

I just did some googling and here is a list I found of the types of files that Scrapbook Max supports:

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/webhelp/...File_Types.htm

Now it does say PSD and TIFF, which is what most templates are saved as...*BUT* if your program doesn't support layers then you can't use templates.

What I would suggest is to go to Cindy Schneider's Facebook page and see if she still has any freebies to download or heck I have a freebie template on the Girl Talk blog that you can download and try in your program...that way you can see if they work and you won't be out any money if they don't!!!

Here is Cindy's Freebie page!!!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/De...8529?sk=photos

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 07-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I HAVE NO IDEA AMY ! How do I find that out? I was afraid of the fact that it might not work ,but I dunno .....
Old 07-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Oh and I found that link from the Scrapbook Max forums, so you might be able to find some additional info there!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 07-09-2011, 10:11 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I don't know anything about your program. I think a lot of people here use Photoshop Elements, Photoshop, or Paint Shop Pro. Hopefully another Scrapbook Max user will turn up to answer your question. Can your program open files that are in .psd, .png, .tiff, or .page format? I tried to look for the answer in the Scrapbook Max forum, and it looks like their templates are saved in .smt format, which I've never heard of. I wish I could help, sorry I don't know much about that program.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Thank you... I was typing and you were ahead of me here ...lol...lol I am going to try and will post here .ASAP .......BRB
Old 07-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I did find this.......
http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/t...sing-Templates

kit used for siggie "Kona Coast" by Julie Billingsley
Old 07-09-2011, 10:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

From what I just read on the Scrapbook Max website, you'll have to use PNG file templates. They layered PSD and TIFF files won't work properly in your program.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have no personal knowledge of the software either. If you download one of Cindy's free templates like Elizabeth suggested and you find that you can't use the layered files, then you should be able to use the individual PNG files that are included to build the template in your program.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:31 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

OK NO LUCK .... HERE IS WHAT I DID... I dowloaded the Template Freebie AND OPENED with Extract Now program then when I went to import a Template it said that it was NOT A SUPPORTED FILE... It is showing (Smt) and (Sbm)... and when they are under that there are NO TEMPLATES,but when I go to (all Files) the Templates show up but will NOT LOAD THRU THE "IMPORT TEMPLATE" AREA :O(

Maybe I am UPLOADING THEM WRONG ! I JUST DON'T KNOW !
Old 07-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

KateD I DON'T SEE ANY PNG FILES IN THE DOWLOAD... They say PSD TIFF AND JPG... I Thank you all for everything, I just guess that what I want to do I will just have to wait,because I can't afford the programs that u guys have and ScrapbookMax just doesn't support these Files... SURE WISH THAT THEY DID ! THANK ALL OF YOU FOR EVERYTHING !!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST !!
Old 07-10-2011, 12:32 AM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by love4scrap View Post
I will just have to wait,because I can't afford the programs that u guys have
Photoshop Elements averages about $90 but when I started digiscrapping years ago I didn't want to and couldn't afford to put out that kind of money for a program. But then I found that my digital camera had come with an older version of Photoshop Elements! A lot of cameras come with it on the discs that you receive with your camera. There are many scrapbookers here that use PSE, so you would be able to ask questions and get many helpful responses. We'd love to have you join us!
Old 07-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

GIMP is a free program that supports layers and will accept PSD files like templates, so you could try using that program until you can switch to something like Photoshop or Photoshop Elements.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 07-10-2011, 01:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

oooh- good advice Jenni! I have heard of several people using GIMP.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:18 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I am going to try that out !!! Thank you VERY MUCH !!! In the Mean time guys guess what I did? ............. Huh???????????? Well I did what the heart said I should have done along time ago, but My head is still SPINNING......lol...lol...lol...lol...Anyway... after no luck with anything I searched and @ that searched where I thought that I had already,but this time I found a Free 30 Trial Version of the Photoshop CS5......NOW LET ME TELL YOU THATS A MAJOR STEP FOR ME !!!! A bit overwelming ,but I am going to surf the net and see if I can find TUTS to start teaching me.

IF THERE ARE ANY PLACES THAT YOU MAY KNOW OF PLEASE SEND ME PM'S OR MESSAGES HERE. I love what I do , I just don't think that the pages are as good as they could be ... I THINK WE ALL KNOW WHAT I MEAN !! Anyway I could use all the help I can get and while I LEARN.... Then I'm going to work on the Hubby's Wallet to "BUY" The program.... THATS GOING TO BE A MIRCLE..lol...lol...lol... :O)

Thank you all for everything !!!!
Hugs ,
Love4Scrap
Old 07-10-2011, 06:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was reading through the thread and was going to suggest you download a trial version of PSE or PS (I was leaning towards PSE as it's cheaper to get the full version). And I see you've already figured it out. :-)

Old 07-10-2011, 06:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Also, Adobe has "Student" versions of its programmes, so if anyone in your family goes to school, you could get PS at a considerable discount. If not, you could save for PSE, people do great pages with it as well. I'm used to PS, but that's all a question of habit.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I checked Amazon and I see PSE is available for 79 USD, while the Student version of PS can be bought for 190 USD. Not exactly for free, but still better than the normal price for PS. :-)

Old 07-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If money is an issue, stick with PSE! It works just fine! I got mine for $50 with a sale and mail-in rebate at Staples or something... they have those often!! Have fun!
Old 07-10-2011, 11:15 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

You also might be able to find an older version of PSE on Ebay for a lot less $$.

Good luck!!
Old 07-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You can do really fabulous pages with PSE9 . CS5 has more features, but PSE 8 or 9 are great programs to use and you can access some of the CS5 features like text in/on a path in a limited way in PSE 8 or 9. (You can't create the paths yourself in Elements, but you can use paths someone else has created in CS5. There are some paths for purchase from SSD very inexpensively.) It's harder to install some presets like styles and actions in PSE, but it's not impossible. So you might consider Elements and if you like it, then transition to CS5 later.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

some of the designers here have tutorials to help you get started...

Misty Cato

Penny Springmann

Traci Reed

I'm missing some, but there's a start!!!!
Old 07-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Thank you everyone !!! I may have started a jouney that I can't get ahead on fast enough, but I have to start somewhere and I knew that sooner or later I was going to .... My Daughters say that it needed to be done along time ago,and NOW! with My ONLY SON going to GRADUATE from HS. I better get to Kickin this thing...lol...lol...lol...

Oh yes! after seeing ALL OF THE SIGGIES HERE ON EACH POST I GOTTA LEARN FAST!!! ,Because I don't have one and it makes my post LOOK REALLY BAD !!!

Again Thank You,
Love4Scrap
Old 07-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am new to Mac and new to Photoshop and I have found the tutorials on the designers websites VERY helpful! Jessica Sprague has a website that offers lots of scrapbooking classes on CS5 and Elements. I am just now taking her beginners class "Up and Running" and so far have found it very helpful.