Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2016, 02:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default FYI

Watch your bank accounts and credit cards ladies! I just got hit with a $76.18 point of sale charge in AZ. I've never been to Arizona! After calling my credit card they gave me the merchants phone number. It rang up as PayPal but I hung up before anyone answered and contacted PayPal directly. They confirmed the number that was given to me (402-935-2244) is not PayPal even though it looks like it could be them but a difference extension. Thankfully my credit card company reversed the charges and issued me a new card. Anyways, after googling that number I found dozens and dozens of complains about it dating from today all the way back to 2 years ago. Ugh, why do people have to be so greedy and make such trouble for the rest of us!? Get off your rear and get a real job!
Old 03-09-2016, 02:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That happened with my debit card last year. Luckily, my bank caught it even before I did and called me to double check. They reversed the charges immediately but someone out there in VA got a fun $300 TJ Maxx shopping spree out of the deal!
Old 03-09-2016, 02:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh, that is so frustrating! It's been happening to a lot of my friends recently.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

UGH!! So frustrating!

I have a co-worker that has been really ill the last couple of weeks. He had bank fraud on his bank card yesterday and he didn't know until he went to get gas yesterday after work. Luckily he had $20 to pay for some gas. So, he took care of what he needed to with the bank. He had to go for some blood testing this morning and the lab wouldn't accept cash for his co-payment so he couldn't get the testing he needs. He is so ill that he NEEDS those tests and he couldn't because he didn't have his checkbook. It's just so frustrating and this is the last thing he needs right now.

Old 03-09-2016, 02:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Usually I get a fraud alert too but I'm thinking b/c it's set up as PayPal maybe it didn't raise the normal red flags?! I just so happened to be online checking my account b/c I just paid it off this month (*happy dance*) and wanted to make sure I wiped out any accrued interest too. Glad I caught it before they used it for something major!
Old 03-09-2016, 02:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had ours taken for over 800 dollars in small increments over two months before I caught on, thankfully the bank reimbursed everything. People sometimes suck
Old 03-09-2016, 02:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
UGH!! So frustrating!

I have a co-worker that has been really ill the last couple of weeks. He had bank fraud on his bank card yesterday and he didn't know until he went to get gas yesterday after work. Luckily he had $20 to pay for some gas. So, he took care of what he needed to with the bank. He had to go for some blood testing this morning and the lab wouldn't accept cash for his co-payment so he couldn't get the testing he needs. He is so ill that he NEEDS those tests and he couldn't because he didn't have his checkbook. It's just so frustrating and this is the last thing he needs right now.
That is so disheartening! I know people are meaner online b/c they don't have to associate names and numbers with actual people but don't these people care that we all have lives, families, illnesses and our own problems to take care of? No, they just go and add another one! I wasted over an hour of my day on the phone too and I'm so worried one day that my credit card will just say no and won't reverse the charges. No $76 won't break me but it all adds up and no one likes to feel taken advantage of!

Ugh sorry guys! I'm just so mad today! I'd like to kick those guys in the shin (or someplace just a little higher!) LOL!
Old 03-09-2016, 07:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

How frustrating. I admit that I am not always diligent enough about checking our card statements. This reminds me that I should pay more attention b/c you never know when something like this can happen.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh gosh - some people has no scruples! Scary stuff!!
Old 03-09-2016, 09:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

i Just emailed Paypal today. When I logged on it redirected me to a page I had never seen before. I did a screenshot and quickly closed the window. I then changed my password. I am still waiting to hear back from PP.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
i Just emailed Paypal today. When I logged on it redirected me to a page I had never seen before. I did a screenshot and quickly closed the window. I then changed my password. I am still waiting to hear back from PP.
That's scary stuff too. I think I'll go change my password just to be safe too!
Old 03-09-2016, 10:43 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I had my bank card details stolen a few hours after I gave birth to my daughter. It's a debit card, so they used the details to charge almost $1,000 of phone credit to it. It turned out that the (young) lady staying next to me in hospital was the culprit.

Thankfully I keep a really close eye on our bank accounts, even when I'm having a baby. It took about two weeks though for the charges to be reversed and to get a new card, all of which had to be done with a newborn, including visiting the police station to organize the report.

I just can't fathom how people can stoop that low though!
Old 03-09-2016, 10:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That stinks. And the fake paypal page is scary! We no longer use our debit card anywhere or online anymore because our credit card has been stolen a couple of times. It is crazy how frequently it happens these days.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:25 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

So frustrating! I've been there. It's ridiculous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 03-10-2016, 12:52 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry this has happened, but that you caught it and was reimbursed the amount!! I had this happen to several credit cards two years ago. It was a nightmare dealing with and I had to prove I didn't buy lumber in some foreign country--that I didn't even have a passport at the time!!

Now that you mentioned it, I should probably run through my accounts just to make sure it didn't happen again to us!