Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-18-2017, 01:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Where/how often do you eat out?

Hubby and I both work full time so we don't have a lot of time for cooking every night. We eat out at least 2 times/week and have "pizza night" at least one other. We are not big on fast food (although the kids love Taco Bell and Subway) so we tend to eat out at local restaurants rather than chains. We have really good Mexican, Sushi and burger/gastopub kinda places near by. We try to have family meals at home all together a couple times a week.

How about you?
How often do you eat out?
What are your favorite restaurants?
Do you have regular family dinners together?
Old 07-18-2017, 01:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We eat out/take out more than we should. Typically its teriyaki, pizza, thai, indian, etc ... my older boys have a lot of sporting events that are at dinner time, so it just ends up being easier for us on those days. On days that we don't have events, we do usually eat as a family.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:27 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Normally we eat out once a week, but I started a new food plan so it will be very rare for a while that we eat out. Normally when we do we prefer the healthier quick service places; i.e. Panera Bread, Smiling Moose, etc. Date nights tend to be sushi most of the time cause kiddo doesn't like it.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:58 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Euhm... we barely eat out. We almost always have dinner at home.
We sometimes order a pizza or get some fries, but actually go out for dinner several times a week is not that common where I live
Old 07-18-2017, 05:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hubby cooks regularly so we eat out once a week, usually after church. Our family *loves* sushi so we are regulars at 3 local Japanese restaurants. We have a favorite Italian place we always go to and we also like going to Pho (Vietnamese) restaurant.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We don't eat out a whole bunch. We'll order pizza once every couple of weeks. If we get take out it's usually from a Mexican restaurant nearby. My hubby is the cook in our house and he enjoys it so it's not too common for us to eat out.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My husband has a gluten intolerance so he would prefer not to eat out at all. We might go out once every 3-4 months?! That's usually with my family when we're having Family Dinner 'out.'

My mom does take my son one morning a week and will bring Wendy's back for lunch for the three of us (or four if it's summer and DD is home).

Now that we're in the midst of Whole30, we're definitely not eating out until it's over!
Old 07-19-2017, 06:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We eat out rarely but we eat together rarely too - LOL, especially this summer. Cheyanne works 4 or 5 days a week through the dinner hours (1-10 or 4-10 usually) and I work a full-time job and a part-time job a few nights a week also. Even with our busy schedules we eat home-cooked food. I meal prep on my days off so we have healthy and yummy meals ready to eat on the run when we want. Cheyanne does eat out with friends and/or the boyfriend about once a week - usually pizza or Mexican.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hubby and I tend to eat Panda Express every couple of weeks when we are running a day of errands because it's something our daughter can't have, because she has Celiac Disease. I generally cook everything from scratch due to that. Occasionally we will eat out as a family somewhere we know is careful about allergies, but our oldest son rarely comes. He lives here, he's 18 but he's always either working or with his friends so we're not that cool anymore lol. It's been so hot here though the last 2 weeks that cooking has been a chore and I normally enjoy it,

Old 07-19-2017, 10:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashaw View Post
Hubby and I tend to eat Panda Express every couple of weeks when we are running a day of errands because it's something our daughter can't have, because she has Celiac Disease.

I've missed Panda Express so much since Rian became GF. Not quite Celiacs but I now crave Panda Express! That's never happened before lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2017, 10:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We do it way more than we should I hate cooking. When we do takeout, it's usually just for me and my husband. So I'll cook the kids an easy meal that they love and then Brian will grab something on the way home or I'll run back out. We usually split something or use a coupon so it's not too much but still....we need to cut back.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We eat out way too much, in my opinion. I do like to cook, but at the end of the day, eh. Hubby does a lot of the cooking- he loves the Instant Pot and has used it way, way more than me. He also likes to grill and he just bought himself a SousVide cooker - . He said apparently he loves extremes in cooking - Instant Pot for quick meals in 20 minutes to SousVide for cooking 3 days...

When we eat out, my hubby's favorite is Buffalo Wild Wings... I prefer Mexican food. The kid wants McDonald's all the time... *gross*
Old 07-19-2017, 12:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We eat out WAY less then we used to because Teddy is seventeen months old and can be crazy. He's not too bad, but it's just more work then it's worth... especially after our kitchen remodel. Nothing makes you enjoy having a kitchen like three months without one!

As far as "family meals" go, Teddy and I eat three meals a day together at the table. During the summer, sometimes we don't eat with Colby at all. Other times, it's a couple times a day. His schedule is nuts!
Old 07-19-2017, 12:47 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Like fiona said.
Its normal here to haveva fulltime job and cook after you get home.
Sometime get some fries.
Mostly go out to a restaurant on vacations or weekends away or special occasions.
We live in a small place with a lot of restaurants.but no big names like mac donalds or kfc or something
Old 07-19-2017, 04:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Pretty much never, just on special occasions like birthdays.

I'm not opposed to eating out more, but eating at home is a holdover habit from my very strict Dave Ramsey days a couple years back. We just never got back into the habit of eating out again after loosening up the budget.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
He also likes to grill and he just bought himself a SousVide cooker - . He said apparently he loves extremes in cooking - Instant Pot for quick meals in 20 minutes to SousVide for cooking 3 days...

We have one of those! I've never used it and honestly couldn't tell you where it is after we moved. Brian bought that one and our Instant Pot too

Old 07-19-2017, 06:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Saturday night we eat out as a family. Some weeks it's a sit down local place or chain, other times we go to Chipotle or another of the healthier fast casual restaurants. I hate cooking, especially for my picky family. To make it more complicated and unappealing, I'm the only vegetarian in the house and eat a lot of salads and vegetable-heavy meals that no one else here wants, so I usually have to make 1 meal for me and 1 for everyone else. I cook dinner Mon-Fri, & Dan and I take turns on Sun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2017, 01:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would probably cook more if only I didn't have to plan the meals. I hate meal planning with a passion. I should be grateful because my hubby does the shopping so I only have to tell him what to get, but I still hate it every week. I'm just not really a planner.