Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Am I crazy for being upset?

My SIL is expecting twin boys at the end of January. I ordered some matching onesies for the boys off Etsy -- they are onesies with appliqued ties on them. Really adorable. I debated about what size to order and finally went with 3-6 months. They're short sleeved onesies, but the babies will likely be a few weeks premature and I was thinking that with the 3-6 month size, they'd maybe grow into them by summer.

I got them today -- 2 weeks after I ordered -- and they were 6-12 month size. The seller said she had the 6-12 month size ready to go so she sent those.

I'm really irritated. Not irritated enough to hassle with the post office and sending them back, but really? She couldn't take 5 minutes to send me an email and ask if it was OK to send the bigger size or if I wanted to wait? I would have waited... the twins aren't even due until January.

I don't want to be the complaining customer, but I also don't want her to feel like it's OK to send a bigger size just because she has them on hand. She lists the sizes available, and I picked a size. Shouldn't I get that size? If I order a shirt from Old Navy for my 10 year old, and they're out of stock of that size, they don't send me a bigger one because she'll grow into it.

So I've got this email ready to send to the seller, but can't decide if I should send it and be a whiner, or just suck it up and shut up. Maybe not leave any feedback at all. Gosh, I know it's Christmas and there's a rush, but I'm really annoyed.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

What the heck? Lollipops no, that's not ok. Seriously shaking my head here.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

You should absolutely send the email. As long as it's polite.

If she's running a business, she needs to know that her behaviour is unacceptable to customers. I always think to myself that if *I* don't say something, then an untold number of people down the line will get the same treatment, and I wouldn't want that.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I think you have every right to be upset. I would contact the seller and let her know you did NOT receive what you'd ordered. There is time to send them back, and get the correct size before the babies are born. I'd let her know you expect her to pay the return shipping for her assumption.

:P
Christine

Old 12-15-2010, 08:55 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

def email the seller. she's in the wrong.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would be really upset too and definitely send her an email about it. She needs to make it right and send the correct sizes to you at her expense.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

I would email her. It would have taken her 5 minutes to check with you about sending a bigger size. She shouldn't put an option for sizes if she's just gonna decide on her own.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

no, you aren't crazy and I agree with what everyone has said... what a bummer.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't think you're crazy for being upset at all. You ordered a size that she listed as available and that's what you should get. It isn't good business for her to send what she wants - you're the customer, you should get what you paid for.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Not only would I send a polite email, I'd expect her to cover all shipping charges related to the exchange if she sent a size other than what you ordered.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

No, not right at all.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I would send her the email and then never order from her again. Sheesh. Talk abt lazy. 'Well, I have a business and all that I make money from, but it's, like, really hard to actually WORK at this business, so I'll just do whatever I want after I get their money and then they can deal with it.'

Can you just imagine being at Target buying a pair of flipflops and after you swipe your card, the cashier gives you a pair of boots and says, 'I don't want you to have flipflops. Have a good night!'?! Not cool.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:51 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hmlentz

I would send an email. Not a bitchy one, but one that states what you've said here and that you would have appreciated a note instead of her making the decision for you. She should pay for you to send them back and replace them.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think it was inappropriate of the seller and you should communicate that to her - BUT I think you are better off with the 6-12 month anyway. jmho

The onesies sound cute!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Just to update, she replied to my convo through Etsy. She said she tried to contact me via email, but when I didn't reply, who just sent what she had. And that she didn't mean to imply that was the only thing I'd get. Of course when she gets the right size in, she'll send it. And, oh by the way, she has these colors in stock.

I checked my spam folder, and there's nothing there from her. Obviously, she could have reached me via an Etsy convo. I have 350+ positive feedbacks on Etsy as a buyer, so I'm familiar with the system. She has over 1000 sales, so she does, too.

I think we both know she was in a time crunch and just sent it hoping I wouldn't complain. So I'll respond and let her off easy, and end up with 2 sets of onesies to give my SIL. She deserves it. I swear when I saw her a few weeks ago, I immediately thought of those scenes in Breaking Dawn where the baby is eating Bella alive. My SIL is losing weight every appt., but the babies are gaining. It's been a very rough pregnancy.

I do feel bad about eating into this seller's profit, but if she'd just sent me a convo, she wouldn't have put herself in this spot.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

that's... insane. completely insane. and lazy. she sent that size because she "had them on hand"? absurd. i'd email her, and if she doesn't fix it, report her to etsy.

how can she think that's okay? that's the question i have.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmy View Post
I think it was inappropriate of the seller and you should communicate that to her - BUT I think you are better off with the 6-12 month anyway. jmho

The onesies sound cute!
^^this

And don't feel badly about the seller's profits. It's her fault that it's an issue..not yours. You're good - and hey! Now you have 2 presents in 1!
Old 12-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKim View Post
I do feel bad about eating into this seller's profit, but if she'd just sent me a convo, she wouldn't have put herself in this spot.
don't feel bad... I'm sure she makes plenty of profit to cover her mistake... I'm glad it got all sorted out.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Don't feel bad. You ordered something specific, and she didn't deliver. Hope your SIL enjoys the babies in them when they're little, and again when they're a year older!

(PS, congrats to your SIL on the twins....twins are the best (especially when they're your nephews, so enjoy them!)
Old 12-16-2010, 02:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Don't worry about the seller's profits. She made the decision to send you the wrong thing first. Glad it sounds like it all worked out. Enjoy those new babies when they arrive.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh I would be annoyed too, I'm glad you've spoke to her now and got it sorted!
Old 12-16-2010, 05:51 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to litabells

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Not only would I send a polite email, I'd expect her to cover all shipping charges related to the exchange if she sent a size other than what you ordered.
This, for sure. Good luck with it!
Old 12-16-2010, 05:55 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to litabells

Just read your reply - I agree that I think it was poor management on her part and hoping you wouldn't complain. But I'm glad you are getting the right ones eventually and that you get the extras as compensation of sorts
Old 12-16-2010, 10:05 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

absolutely you have a right to be upset!! If you ordered a onsie with a tie on it and she sent one with flowers (IE for a girl) that would not be ok so why would she think it is ok to ship the wrong size? I would defenutely email her and say look this is not right I ordered 3-6 months and that is what I want. If you cannot make this right I will return for a refund and leave appropriate feedback.

BTW your complaint is VERY valid!! I used to do ebay alot and trust me I have seen some completely ridiculous complaints where the people were just trying to get me to refund some of the money they spent.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 12-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

not acceptable. i'd definitely send the email!
Old 12-16-2010, 01:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

A happy (or at least satisfied and not mad) customer is worth MUCH more than another set of onesies. She obviously knows this. Don't think another thing about it. Enjoy the onesies!

And my twins did the same thing at the end - took everything I ate. I gained less weight (30 pounds) with my twins than I did with my singles and they weighed over 15 pounds together. Good luck to your SIL on her delivery!