Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2010, 03:31 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm
Default If you could change your name....

what would you want to go by?

I tried to convince everyone to call me alycia for a while (my middle name) but it didn't stick (and I mean, this was like a year ago.. not when i was like 8 haha). I don't super dig my name but.. I like La, so that works better for me anyway - since I've successfully forced everyone into calling me that as opposed to lauren haha
Old 09-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

LOL Well my name is Elizabeth, and I started going by Libby when I was 17. LOL

My daughter (age 12) just decided this year that she wants to go by Gracie instead of Kendra. She even has all her teachers calling her that. *sigh* I sorta hope it doesn't stick, but I'm trying to let her be an individual. LOL

As for me, if I could change my name, it would be the last name that was changing.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:38 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

is gracie her middle name or is she just being random? lol
Old 09-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i have never really liked my name. i'd be happier if it was just spelled differently; Kori, Cori, Koree. to me "Corey" is boring and thats how boys spell it. whenever people that don't obviously know i'm a girl see that name they automatically assume i'm a male lol. i get junk mail addressed to Mr. Corey Monroe. i HATE that!!

i think my mom had the name Candy picked out too. don't know if i like that either.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Her middle name is Grace. I've always called her "Kendra Grace," and her grandpa used to sometimes call her Gracie as a nickname when she was little. But never all the time or anything. So, it was sorta out of the blue that she decided to go by that this year. All of her friends at school are like "WTH? That's not your name!" LOL
Old 09-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Jemima!!!

I asked my dad if I could change my name to that when I was younger, but he said no!!
Old 09-05-2010, 03:53 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Weifenbach View Post
Her middle name is Grace. I've always called her "Kendra Grace," and her grandpa used to sometimes call her Gracie as a nickname when she was little. But never all the time or anything. So, it was sorta out of the blue that she decided to go by that this year. All of her friends at school are like "WTH? That's not your name!" LOL
it could be worse.. ce wants to change his name to luke skywalker
Old 09-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug View Post
i think my mom had the name Candy picked out too. don't know if i like that either.

My mom is Candy. Not Candace or anything... just Candy. She was supposed to be named Cherry Cherie, after the ice cream, but my grandmother drew the line, so now she's Candy Cherie.

For me, I'm Jennifer Rachelle, and I like the Jenni well enough, but Rachelle is what gets me. It's the name of the woman my birth father was cheating on my mom with when I was born, so I hate it and want to get rid of it, or just shorten it to an initial, but my mother claims to love it, so, I don't know.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 09-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

i honestly wouldn't change my name. i like it.

i hated it when i was younger...and always wanted to go by my middle name (elizabeth), but now i rather like my name

Old 09-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyLilGrahamCracker View Post
My mom is Candy. Not Candace or anything... just Candy. She was supposed to be named Cherry Cherie, after the ice cream, but my grandmother drew the line, so now she's Candy Cherie.

For me, I'm Jennifer Rachelle, and I like the Jenni well enough, but Rachelle is what gets me. It's the name of the woman my birth father was cheating on my mom with when I was born, so I hate it and want to get rid of it, or just shorten it to an initial, but my mother claims to love it, so, I don't know.
Candace isn't bad. but i know if she had named me Candy i'd have been the butt of many jokes lol.

that's awful about your birth father. i wouldn't like that name either.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well I'm not sure what I would be called but not Andrea that's for sure and definitley not Dawn which is my middle name. However I like mine much better than my brother who is Christopher Robin (6 foot skinhead with large tattoos)
Old 09-05-2010, 04:07 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie Girl View Post
my brother who is Christopher Robin (6 foot skinhead with large tattoos)
lol..i giggled
Old 09-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have like the most boring and typical name Patricia Anne. People are always able to guess my name when I say my first name is Patricia, then I hear about how many Patricia Annes they know. lol But... it's better than the alternative. My father wanted to name me Josephine Shelby (after himself - Joseph Shelby) but my mom said since my older brother is named after my dad that would just be awkward. As for what name I'd pick... I have no clue.
My oldest though has now decided he wants to go by Zac instead of Zach or Zachary.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 09-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wouldn't change my name at all. My parents named me Jaedyn Chantelle and I've always loved it. I never had to worry about someone having the same name as me in class!

Huge fan of:

Old 09-05-2010, 04:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I used to hate my name when I was younger, but I quite like it now. It's grown on me . When I was younger I wanted to be a Jennifer!
Old 09-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I don't mind my name, I've contemplated changing the spelling though. I always wanted it to be Jayme instead of Jamie. When I was 20, I decided I was going to do it, and my dad and step mom even had it put on a cake for me! But I just never did. I don't know why...I still might! LOL
Old 09-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wouldn't change mine at all. I love it, always have. I actually hate having to spell it all of the time though. That gets really old.

My youngest DD is named Kristal Megan and we have always called her Megan but as she has gotten older at school she is known as Kristal. She likes Kristal but, I will never call her that. She has been Megan for way too long.

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 09-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug View Post
Candace isn't bad. but i know if she had named me Candy i'd have been the butt of many jokes lol.
Yeah, before she got married she was Candy Hart! Tons of jokes in that one, especially around Valentine's Day! That, and kids were constantly singing that Lollipop song to her, etc.... definitely at the wrong end of a lot of jokes!

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 09-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

When I was younger I would have jumped at the chance to change my name, I alway hated it. However, it's grown on me over the years and I honestly can't imagine what I'd change it to that would "fit" me as well as Tabatha.

::Tabatha::
proud mom to Gabriel {11}, Tristan {10} Julian {6}, Sophie {3}, Lucius {1} & Ezekiel {5.28.14}
Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)
Old 09-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

I wanted to be DJ growing up, but my mom wouldn't have it. She didn't like nick names. Her reasoning: If I wanted you to be called DJ, I would've named you DJ. I tried all through my 7th grade year, and it just didn't work.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

I never minded my first name when I was young, but I HATED my middle name (jo)...I felt like a Petticoat Junction reject.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I didn't like the way my name was spelled when I was younger because I couldn't find anything with my name on it spelled the way I spelled it. My sister could (Katie) but I never could. I changed my spelling for a while to 'Tracy' just so I could find my name on things. I actually like the 'ie' spelling of it now and wouldn't change it.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewtertm View Post
I HATED my middle name (jo)...I felt like a Petticoat Junction reject.
LOL me too! It doesn't bug me quite as much now because I appreciate the reason and intention behind it. I do cringe at the southern belle sound though...

I hated my name growing up. Horrible first name, worse last name. No one could pronounce or spell either of them. I still don't love it except for the fact that it's not common, that part rocks. I can't think of anything else that would suit me better.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I hated my name as a child, I always felt it was so long Gabriell Alexandrea...ugh mouthful, but I don't mind it so much now. However if I had to change my name it would have to be Sookie Stackhouse...lol.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to litabells

I actually like my name, most days. I hate when I'm making an appointment of something though. Because when I turn up to said appointment, 9 times out of ten, they've booked it for Melinda, or Melissa or Michelle (??? How does MELITA turn into Michelle??)

But most call me Lita or Leet or Velveeta these days anyways, which works for me
Old 09-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hated my name growing up because Amber was not popular and I couldnt find any of the cute personalized stuff that all of the girls used to get. Now, I don't mind it.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When I was younger I wanted to be named anything but Leila. I was a definitely the odd one out in school. I tried for years to get people to call me Annie, but they all insisted on Lee. Yuck! I begged and begged for my mom to let me change my name to Jennifer, Jessica, Melissa, Michelle...anything that was more common and easier to say and spell.

Today, I love my name. I love that it's relatively uncommon in women my age, I love hearing people tell me about their grand/greatgrandmother or aunt named Leila. I love it. I'm still not to fond of having to correct people when they call me Lila or Layla, and I don't really like having to spell it 100x before someone gets it, but I wouldn't trade my name for the world.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I hated my name growing up, no one ever said it right or spelled it right, ever. I wanted to be named Alexandria and be called Lexi. When I told my mom that, I found out she had wanted to name me Alexis, my dad wanted Heather, they compromised with Mari. Its pronounced mahr ee for anyone who doesn't know. When I was young though, I loved my middle name, Lynn, cause it was super common, now I don't like it because of that. I wish it was more interesting, but I guess Mari is interesting enough. The only thing I don't like about my name now though is when compiled with my last name (which is actually hypenated and very long - for now anyway) no one ever gets it right. I would love to have a name people could spell.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

My given name is Laurel Anne. Laurel was my paternal grandmother's LAST name, and Anne is a derivative of my maternal grandmother's name, Anita. I have always been called Laurie from Day One.

The only time both names were ever used was when I went through that ancient right of passage known as "coming out". And during that two year period whenever I was introduced it was both names, and never as Laurie.

When I was in elementary school, it was hard if kids found out my given name, cause I was teased (really showing my age here) as being part of Laurel and Hardy.

My last name as a child was also another teaser point, but that's another story for another time.

For now, I don't mind my name. Back then I might have wanted to change it, but never asked if I could.

Portfolios:
May June

Proud to be a Creative Team member for SusDesigns
Old 09-05-2010, 07:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I like my name. I just wish it didn't have two capital letters.

If I had to go on the lam, however, because I was the witness to a dastardly 1920s murder at the speakeasy, I might go by Cordelia Blythe Worthington, though.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have to say I love my name and always have. I am not so keen on my middle name - it was in 'honour' of my mum's sister who died as a toddler and before my mum was born. Never liked the thought of that and my mum only did it in deference to her own mum.

My eldest daughter always complains about her name because you can never get anything from the shop personalised with it. It's Chiara. (kee-aara is how we pronounce it). Luckily my mum is going to Italy shortly and as it's the most popular girl's name over there she's been requested to look for some cute personalised stuff for her. I'm hoping as she gets older she will come to love her name as much as I do.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 09-05-2010, 07:39 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I've ALWAYS wanted my name to be Paige. LOVE LOVE LOVE that name and it suits me because I love to read. If I ever go into the witness protection program, look for me under the name Paige.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

something more usual like jennifer, christine, or amy!
Old 09-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

Actually I did change my name. Stacey is not my full name. And I am not sharing my full name either.

I prefer it to Leslie, which was my parent's other choice.

Given free range to choose anything I'd choose Ember
Old 09-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I didn't like my name when I was about 9 years old and went through a baby name book and decided my parents should have named me Georgia instead of Eva. Told them I was gonna have my name legally changed when I was old enough. I have no idea why I liked the name Georgia -- but I did. Thankfully I got over that reather quickly and decided I liked my name afterall.

Eva Kipler
BLOGSWEET SHOPPE STORE TWITTER FACEBOOK FAN PAGE NEWSLETTER SIGNUP

♥ SNAG IF YOU ARE A FAN! ♥ ------------->
Old 09-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Eva, my son's best friend's name is Eva. I think its adorable, spunky, girly, but easy to spell and say! If I were to ever have a girl a form of Eve, would probably be her name.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love my name... and I think I always have! middle name too--Jane. I think it flows nicely. We named our 3rd girl sort of after me, she's Sadie Jane.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
Eva, my son's best friend's name is Eva. I think its adorable, spunky, girly, but easy to spell and say! If I were to ever have a girl a form of Eve, would probably be her name.
I like that it is nice and short -- and agree that it is such a nice girly name (fits me perfectly). You would be surprised at how often I have to spell it for people. For some reason they think it should be more complicated or something. Then again I have to spell Kipler for people, too, cuz they always want to put 2 p's in it.

Eva Kipler
BLOGSWEET SHOPPE STORE TWITTER FACEBOOK FAN PAGE NEWSLETTER SIGNUP

♥ SNAG IF YOU ARE A FAN! ♥ ------------->
Old 09-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love my name. Well, sort of. lol I'm actually Debra. I've never been called that..unless I was in trouble. lol I've always been Debbie, but I do prefer Deb. But, I'm good w/Deb or Debbie.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I hated my name growing up - Dorothy Louise. Now I've kinda grown into it. Whenever I say it over the phone everyone hears Jodie - don't know why, must be the way I say it. I get called Dot or Dottie by most people and my Mum hates it, but I don't mind.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hated my name growing up! I've been called everything. And I couldn't remember how to spell it until I was in 1st grade. My full first name is Brienne. I've been called Bernie, Brianne, Breenie, all kinds of things. I drew the line when my 7th grade math teacher called me Bernie Kearney on the first day of school. From then, I was Brie in school. Now I like my first name, it's different. But I still go by Brie... lol, it's still easier.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I hated my name growing up, no one ever said it right or spelled it right, ever. I wanted to be named Alexandria and be called Lexi. When I told my mom that, I found out she had wanted to name me Alexis, my dad wanted Heather, they compromised with Mari. Its pronounced mahr ee for anyone who doesn't know.
I actually knew a Mari in college - she lived next door. & yes - thought her name was pronounce mary at first lol

I wish my parents would have named me a swedish name. my sister is ingrid kristina and I love it becasue it's unusual. erin lynn is kind of boring. but I wouldn't change it now. it's me

Oh - LeeAndra - isn't Cordelia Blythe what Anne of Green Gables would call herself? or wish that her name was? lol

Old 09-06-2010, 02:57 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila View Post
When I was younger I wanted to be named anything but Leila.
I was partnered up with a girl named Leila in the bookbuddy program at school. I was in Prep and she was year 10 and I thought she was the coolest thing ever. I still love that name - it's beautiful Will probably end up using it for either a first name or middle name if/when I have girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Billingsley View Post
I've ALWAYS wanted my name to be Paige. LOVE LOVE LOVE that name and it suits me because I love to read. If I ever go into the witness protection program, look for me under the name Paige.
Noted. Haha.

I've always loved my name. And I love how Ebony Brooke flowed. I used to be a little obsessed with A names when younger because then my initials would have been A.B.C - yeah, I was a bit of a nerd. When I got my last name changed my depoll to my biological father's (long story, had always gone by that name but yeah...) I added an Arwen after the Ebony Brooke. I was a little obsessed with LOTR. Yeah. Nerd.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:08 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I love my name, Irma. This was my grandmother name, I've never met her, but I look so much like her that's unreal. And I always felt special to have that, because I knew how much my granfather loved her. It's not my whole name, which is Irma Simona. I only wish it was one whole word, like IrmaSimona, because it gave me some issues with banks and legal paper. (Sometimes they write it one word, some other just Irma, some other 2 different words...).

All About ME
Old 09-06-2010, 03:27 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I like my name and not really sure if I could change it, what I woudl change it too....but I think my daughter has one of the cutest names and I hope she will grow up loving it as much as we do....
Abigail Louisa and we call her Abby Lou for short

my oldest DD's name is Samantha and she goes by Sam {Which is what we always call her}...but for awhile in middle school she tried to go by Sammie....I don't think itt really stuck with all of her friends, so she still goes by Sam!
Old 09-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eranslow View Post
I actually knew a Mari in college - she lived next door. & yes - thought her name was pronounce mary at first lol
Yep, Mary, Marie, Maria, Marty, Maurie, etc, etc, etc. lol
Old 09-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wouldn't change my name. I kinda like it b/c it's unique. It's hard sometimes b/c actually my name is a 'spelling error' The correct form "Gisele" or Giselle", so I always have to explain: "it's Giseli with an 'i' on the end''.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I've always hated my name - not really sure why, but it just never felt like a pretty name to me. I wanted a cute, girly name. My first and middle names don't really flow together that well, either - Maria Diane. Ick. Not that I'll ever do anything about changing it...lol...but I'd love something different.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren grier View Post
it could be worse.. ce wants to change his name to luke skywalker
My ex wanted to name one of the kids Luke Skywalker.

(he's Noah Lucas... as far as I'd go. Of course, he calls him Noah Lucas Skywalker. lol)
Old 09-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie4b1g View Post
My ex wanted to name one of the kids Luke Skywalker.

(he's Noah Lucas... as far as I'd go. Of course, he calls him Noah Lucas Skywalker. lol)
My ex boyfriend wanted to name his son Jason after the Friday the 13th character. Yikes!

New Siggy Coming Soon