Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2011, 08:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
DH and I are actually doing "one" of our dream vacation at the end of April. We are flying to New York for 5 nights, then pick up a rental and heading to LA for 5 nights.

For 2 1/2 weeks in between will be heading through Philadelphia, Washington DC, Nashville, Memphis, Dallas, Kansas City, Colorado and onto Vegas. Our plans are kinda loosey goosey so we can stop and stay where we like. Only New York and LA accommodation are booked.

Any tips or ideas on what to see or where to stay, would be greatly appreciated
Why these destinations? I'm just curious. What a fabulous road trip! Definitely TONS to do in DC, if you can I would probably skip Dallas and go to San Antonio, but maybe some of the Dallas gals can give you ideas for Dallas, it just seems to be a big city to me and not much uniqueness like San Antonio. Go ski in Colorado!! And Vegas, well it is Vegas!! LOL Walk the strip! No idea about New York and LA, but I'm sure you already have ideas there and it will be fabulous! I'm sure you will have a blast and I hope you meet lots of friendly people along your way!
Old 01-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprauncey1 View Post
if you can I would probably skip Dallas and go to San Antonio, but maybe some of the Dallas gals can give you ideas for Dallas, it just seems to be a big city to me and not much uniqueness like San Antonio.
I love San Antonio! There is a ton of things to do there, too!
Old 01-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianka View Post
Iceland has been my dream since I was 14 years old. It's just so unique and beautiful and a fairytale-like (in a nicely spooky way, too) and it kind of speaks to me... well you know what I mean. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. :-)
I have a friend who's dream is Iceland, watching stuff and looking at pictures with him, it looks like a beautiful country.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:21 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Why these destinations? I'm just curious. What a fabulous road trip! Definitely TONS to do in DC, if you can I would probably skip Dallas and go to San Antonio, but maybe some of the Dallas gals can give you ideas for Dallas, it just seems to be a big city to me and not much uniqueness like San Antonio. Go ski in Colorado!! And Vegas, well it is Vegas!! LOL Walk the strip! No idea about New York and LA, but I'm sure you already have ideas there and it will be fabulous! I'm sure you will have a blast and I hope you meet lots of friendly people along your way!

I wanted NY, DC and LA. We both wanted to take our time and drive across at our own pace. Wanting to head down south towards Houston, DH broke the trip into managable drive times, nothing too long. We want to see things along the way, not just a blur as we drive past. We felt Houston was too far so changed it to Dallas. We are still researching and adjusting our trip. So any input is much appreciated since we planning it using mostly google maps.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:57 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leontine78 View Post
Hahaha, shall I tell you a joke? I have lived approx. 5km from the Keukenhof....and I never been there Hihi. The only thing I see are loads of buses going there But it is beautiful....I know that for sure!
While I don't live as close I never visited the Keukenhof But I would love to go there this year!

My dream holiday? I would love to travel to the USA again. We went to the New York area 3 times and for our honeymoon we went to all the National parcs and visited Los Angeles, San Fransisco, San Diego, las Vegas and some smaller places and loved it! I would soooooooo love to go back there, but this time with the kids! But I guess this will stay a dream holiday

But this year we do our dream holiday in Europe: we go back to Hungaria again and had the most amazing time last year, so we're really looking forward to it!
Old 01-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Last night we bought airline tickets, made car reservations and made our reservations at the military resort hotel at Disney (Shades of Green)!! EEEEEEK!!! We are going!! I'm not telling the boys yet though otherwise it will just be painful until the end of May!! This thread really put a bee in my bonnet!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Last night we bought airline tickets, made car reservations and made our reservations at the military resort hotel at Disney (Shades of Green)!! EEEEEEK!!! We are going!! I'm not telling the boys yet though otherwise it will just be painful until the end of May!! This thread really put a bee in my bonnet!

How exciting!!