Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2023, 09:52 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default What is the one thing that automatically makes you mad?

Is there anything that is guaranteed to make you mad, no matter what? Something that just drives you crazy and cranky in no time at all?

No matter the where, at home or work or anywhere, or the why, I get mad quick when I have internet or computer problems. It just sets me off and I know I don't handle those issues as well as I do other things that pop up.

I am much more demanding of the service people, as in I want things fixed right that minute, than of anything else I can think of. I have no patience at all with it and have been know to be a total "Karen" about it. I am not proud of it, but it is almost like I can't help it, that is how mad I get.

Yesterday my lawn guy cut my internet/phone/TV cord to the house. This is the second time he has done this and I was not gracious when he contacted me. I know he was surprised at my attitude because I am usually pretty chill about things, but not about that. That one really made me mad and it showed.

Do you have a hot button thing like that? I would love to know I am not the only one who has something that sets them off in a heartbeat.

Last edited by LJSDesigns; 11-08-2023 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-08-2023, 11:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Mine is a tech thing too - printers... when my printer doesn't work it sets me off. lol.
Old 11-08-2023, 06:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For me, it is all fun, games, and sarcasm UNTIL someone is disrespectful. Not just to me either, to anyone. Ooooh don't be unkind or racist or homophobic or mean to homeless people. Definitely turns me into a Karen as well.

Lorie, I hear what you mean about the internet though, especially since thats our tv channels and any other entertainment lol

Rebecca, yes...why does it seem perpetually out of ink or paper.
Old 11-08-2023, 07:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

People who cut in line in front of me at Timmies (drive thru). Instant Rage.

People who don't give you time to reply to something and then follow up with another email to make you feel like you're doing something wrong. IE Friday afternoon getting an email at 3:45 (I'm off at 4). Following up at 8:10 Monday because they haven't had a response. It's been 25 freaking work minutes. That really gets me going lol And doesn't get you a reply any earlier!

Old 11-08-2023, 09:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

People that drive below the speed limit!
Old 11-08-2023, 09:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

YouTube making me turn off my ad blocker. I'm angered with each commercial I watch. I now never want to get the new iPhone 15 with titanium.
Old 11-08-2023, 10:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When someone bumps into you and doesn't apologize.
Old 11-09-2023, 05:33 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Reading all of these things mentioned and imagining them happening to me make me mad. Hahaha... But the ones on top of the list are disrespectful people and queue cutting people. So so unforgivably ignorant.
Old 11-09-2023, 08:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

All of these things are good ones. I'm a pretty "water off a duck's back" and let things roll most of the time....I think it kinda depends on the day I'm having and how annoyed I am already with life and the day.

But for sure, one thing that can get me going at work currently is that fact that we have NO FREAKING PROCESSES. Like it's effing free for all. Organized chaos at it's best and it seriously gets under my skin, because I'm pulled in 1000 directions trying to answer or help with things that are mine, half mine, not mine, far from mine, etc....and it's like geesh people, if we could just get a little organized all of this could FLOW SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-09-2023, 10:38 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Mine is a tech thing too - printers... when my printer doesn't work it sets me off. lol.
LOL, I got a new printer two years ago and it is still in the box because I got frustrated trying to set it up. By the time I tackle it again, it will probably be obsolete.
Old 11-09-2023, 10:41 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
For me, it is all fun, games, and sarcasm UNTIL someone is disrespectful. Not just to me either, to anyone. Ooooh don't be unkind or racist or homophobic or mean to homeless people. Definitely turns me into a Karen as well.

Lorie, I hear what you mean about the internet though, especially since thats our tv channels and any other entertainment lol

Rebecca, yes...why does it seem perpetually out of ink or paper.
Oh I hate when people are disrespectful, especially to elderly people. There is so much to learn from our elders that people never seem to comprehend or take advantage of. I know as I age, I feel like people listen to me less and less.

The cable that was cut is everything for me - internet, tv and phone, so it hit hard. I did get some reading in though.
Old 11-09-2023, 10:46 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
People who cut in line in front of me at Timmies (drive thru). Instant Rage.

People who don't give you time to reply to something and then follow up with another email to make you feel like you're doing something wrong. IE Friday afternoon getting an email at 3:45 (I'm off at 4). Following up at 8:10 Monday because they haven't had a response. It's been 25 freaking work minutes. That really gets me going lol And doesn't get you a reply any earlier!
LOL, I have never heard of Timmies, but who cuts in on a drive thru line? Totally rude.

Instant communication is not always our friend, is it? I know there are times when I get work emails that I can't answer right away. Usually because I have to calm down before I do. Of course, I am one of those impatient people who want a fast response. Usually I need one because the schedule needs changed at the last minute.
Old 11-09-2023, 10:51 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
People that drive below the speed limit!
Oh, that makes me mad too. Especially if they pull out in front of me, making me almost stop, and then meander along. The other day that happened and the person was doing 25 in a 55 zone for 13 minutes before I could get around them. I could have happily wrung their neck.

I also hate people who get in the fast lane on the interstate and then don't go fast or pass, but instead ride beside another car. If you are not passing, move over. And move over after you have passed.
Old 11-09-2023, 10:53 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
YouTube making me turn off my ad blocker. I'm angered with each commercial I watch. I now never want to get the new iPhone 15 with titanium.
LOL, I barely watch YouTube unless I need to learn how to do something, but I do hate all the ads on the computer. Especially since they are "tailored" to me now. It is creepy, but sometimes they do catch me and then down the rabbit hole I go.
Old 11-09-2023, 10:54 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BluEyedBabi View Post
When someone bumps into you and doesn't apologize.
Oh, I can't imagine who thinks it is okay to do that and not apologize. It is just basic manners.
Old 11-09-2023, 10:57 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Reading all of these things mentioned and imagining them happening to me make me mad. Hahaha... But the ones on top of the list are disrespectful people and queue cutting people. So so unforgivably ignorant.
Yeah, all of these have resonated with me and make me wonder if I am just a cranky old woman. LOL

I haven't had much experience with people cutting in front of me, but then I am really patient about waiting in line. So patient, that if someone behind me has a smaller amount, I will let them go in front of me. I don't know why, but waiting in line doesn't stress me at all.
Old 11-09-2023, 11:20 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
All of these things are good ones. I'm a pretty "water off a duck's back" and let things roll most of the time....I think it kinda depends on the day I'm having and how annoyed I am already with life and the day.

But for sure, one thing that can get me going at work currently is that fact that we have NO FREAKING PROCESSES. Like it's effing free for all. Organized chaos at it's best and it seriously gets under my skin, because I'm pulled in 1000 directions trying to answer or help with things that are mine, half mine, not mine, far from mine, etc....and it's like geesh people, if we could just get a little organized all of this could FLOW SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can totally relate. At my job, we do have processes, but no one follows them and no one enforces them, so it is a free for all here too. Unfortunately it always seems to land on my desk because it all ultimately impacts production which impacts planning. I am forever changing things because others can't get their crap together. Drives me batty.
Old 11-09-2023, 03:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry that happened Lorie!

Lots of frustrating things in this thread - and I can relate to most of them!

The thing that grinds my gear is trying to reach a real live person on the phone. Just today I had an issue with an order I placed at Dell (for Microsoft 365). 3 phone calls and 2 chats later ... the order is cancelled, not because I didn't want it, but because I was pissed that no one could help with my main concern (I was over charged $40!). Then tried to cancel my Spellbinders monthly subscription this morning - called the # and got a dumb message. I left a 'not so nice' reply. They did take care of the issue later - but dang! So much for customer service - lol.

Thanks Lorie, my rant is over and I feel better! Ha ha ha.
Old 11-09-2023, 05:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
LOL, I have never heard of Timmies, but who cuts in on a drive thru line? Totally rude.
Tim Hortons! Canadian slang lol Many of them have a break in the drivethru to allow for traffic, and people sneak in there all the time. Drives me crazy

Old 11-09-2023, 09:38 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I haven't had much experience with people cutting in front of me, but then I am really patient about waiting in line. So patient, that if someone behind me has a smaller amount, I will let them go in front of me. I don't know why, but waiting in line doesn't stress me at all.
I am OK with letting someone behind me to go first, if they really need it and are politely asking for it. But, those who pretend they don't see the queue, just cut the line and feel like they don't do anything wrong will instantly boil my rage. UGH.
Old 11-10-2023, 10:12 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
I'm sorry that happened Lorie!

Lots of frustrating things in this thread - and I can relate to most of them!

The thing that grinds my gear is trying to reach a real live person on the phone. Just today I had an issue with an order I placed at Dell (for Microsoft 365). 3 phone calls and 2 chats later ... the order is cancelled, not because I didn't want it, but because I was pissed that no one could help with my main concern (I was over charged $40!). Then tried to cancel my Spellbinders monthly subscription this morning - called the # and got a dumb message. I left a 'not so nice' reply. They did take care of the issue later - but dang! So much for customer service - lol.

Thanks Lorie, my rant is over and I feel better! Ha ha ha.
Customer Service is so bad these days for the most part, that I don't think you can even call it Customer Service anymore. I go right to 0 for operator these days. I prefer speaking to a person too.
Old 11-10-2023, 10:14 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
Tim Hortons! Canadian slang lol Many of them have a break in the drivethru to allow for traffic, and people sneak in there all the time. Drives me crazy
That is coffee, right? I don't drink coffee, so I am not familiar with all the places. We have one in town called Scooters that I had never heard of before it was built. The line is always long. Even the Amish park their buggies and go in for coffee. I would love to see them in the drive thru. LOL
Old 11-10-2023, 10:19 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
I am OK with letting someone behind me to go first, if they really need it and are politely asking for it. But, those who pretend they don't see the queue, just cut the line and feel like they don't do anything wrong will instantly boil my rage. UGH.
It would make me mad too, I think. But then "privileged" people get on my last nerve. Don't even get me going on people who talk about what they "deserve" and don't "deserve." Total soapbox thing for me.
Old 11-10-2023, 12:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I like to think I'm pretty chill in my old age (wasn't always like that) But, reading through everyone's comments did stress me out!
One of my biggest pet peeves is when driving and people rushing into a lane when theirs ends. I know it happens sometimes where you think the lane goes through, but actually doesn't and you have to get over quickly. But, when someone rushes up so they "beat" all the other cars, or cuts someone off, it drives me nuts!
Old 11-10-2023, 03:53 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

For me, it is people who do not respect my time. I am busy and wasting time waiting on you makes me angry. Being late, not being ready, being so behind in previous appointments, etc. Don't waste my time and expect me to be calm about it.

Last edited by lovely1m; 11-10-2023 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-12-2023, 08:40 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
It would make me mad too, I think. But then "privileged" people get on my last nerve. Don't even get me going on people who talk about what they "deserve" and don't "deserve." Total soapbox thing for me.
OH! Totally!
Old 11-12-2023, 04:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Where do I begin? LOL
Kids where parents are letting them run crazy (stores or restaurants)

My biggest boil right now is traffic esp at the school. My son's middle school is next to an elementary school. There is a four way stop as I am leaving and the parents of the elementary school do not like for anyone to get in front of them so they will block the four way stop to be next in line. It makes my blood boil. If I see them turning in front of me and it is going to block me then I will pull through and cut them off....I don't always get lucky. THEN as I am leaving the parents are coming out of the parking lot and they do not stop OR look. They just assume they have the right of way and will pull out in front of you.
Old 11-13-2023, 11:21 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I like to think I'm pretty chill in my old age (wasn't always like that) But, reading through everyone's comments did stress me out!
One of my biggest pet peeves is when driving and people rushing into a lane when theirs ends. I know it happens sometimes where you think the lane goes through, but actually doesn't and you have to get over quickly. But, when someone rushes up so they "beat" all the other cars, or cuts someone off, it drives me nuts!
LOL, If there is a big truck in front of me, I will rush to beat it. I like being able to see ahead and hate when a big truck blocks my view. Otherwise, I don't need to be first.
Old 11-13-2023, 11:22 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
For me, it is people who do not respect my time. I am busy and wasting time waiting on you makes me angry. Being late, not being ready, being so behind in previous appointments, etc. Don't waste my time and expect me to be calm about it.
I totally get this. It doesn't push my temper button, but it is annoying.
Old 11-13-2023, 11:22 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
Where do I begin? LOL
Kids where parents are letting them run crazy (stores or restaurants)

My biggest boil right now is traffic esp at the school. My son's middle school is next to an elementary school. There is a four way stop as I am leaving and the parents of the elementary school do not like for anyone to get in front of them so they will block the four way stop to be next in line. It makes my blood boil. If I see them turning in front of me and it is going to block me then I will pull through and cut them off....I don't always get lucky. THEN as I am leaving the parents are coming out of the parking lot and they do not stop OR look. They just assume they have the right of way and will pull out in front of you.
OMG, that would totally make me mad. People who pull out in front of you, or walk in front of your car, without looking are the worst.
Old 11-13-2023, 11:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can tell you one thing this morning - when people don't read an entire email chain and ask the same question that was answered further down the chain, delaying any progress on getting the issue at hand resolved. Argh.
Old 11-13-2023, 11:32 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
I can tell you one thing this morning - when people don't read an entire email chain and ask the same question that was answered further down the chain, delaying any progress on getting the issue at hand resolved. Argh.
LOL, I know that frustration all too well. It is up there with people who ask me questions that they could answer for themselves with just a little effort.
Old 11-13-2023, 02:36 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
OMG this. I am calm and endlessly patient for the most part, but I will not be late and I really dislike waiting on people who are. Time is so valuable.
Old 11-13-2023, 02:50 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

all my extreme annoyances are noise related. Things like gum chewing or letting dogs bark or being inconsiderate with music and not caring if you are disturbing others around you. I'm trying to be the bigger person as I get older but gosh it bugs me.

I don't live in a city and so I don't deal with traffic or line ups but I don't think i'd handle that very well either. We don't even have a real traffic light in our town lol.

[QUOTE=Robin Carlton;1063154531I really dislike waiting on people who are[/QUOTE]

can i give you some cookies as a peace offering? lol. I hateee being late to things like appointments/meetings or if i need to be somewhere I will always always be super early. There is one part of my life where I do tend to be late though. lol
Old 11-13-2023, 02:54 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

oh! another thing I've noticed ever since covid/the pandemic. I really don't like going shopping or browsing stores. I just find it way too overwhelming and people just seem sort of angry everywhere. I don't know if it makes me "mad" but it definitely puts me on edge and I'd rather just shop from home for pretty much everything now.
Old 11-13-2023, 04:48 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
OMG this. I am calm and endlessly patient for the most part, but I will not be late and I really dislike waiting on people who are. Time is so valuable.
Thank you and people are always so cavalier about it. Like oops, I am just always late, not a big deal. I think that's what really makes me upset about it. It's like saying your time is more important than my time to me.
Old 11-13-2023, 05:40 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Me too, Tammy. Me too! Maybe it is just an Idaho thing

Quote:
Old 11-13-2023, 06:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am not an animal person so I have little to no patience with our dog & her various neuroses. It especially drives me crazy when she is frantically barking at someone/something that she can see through the window but she doesn't actually want to go outside and will go hide in her crate anytime you ask her if she needs out. She doesn't seem to like to do anything that other dogs like to do: go outside, play fetch, go on walks, go on car rides, etc. She has finally relented to riding in the car to be taken to the dog park 5 minutes from our house (and she does play with the dogs there) but that's it. I just don't get it.

People who don't obey traffic laws & signs also drive me bonkers. Yes, right turn only actually means for EVERY SINGLE DRIVER. No, 35 mph doesn't mean it's okay to drive 15 or 65 in that same area EVEN IF you are running late, having a bad day, [insert other dumb excuse here].
Old 11-14-2023, 11:20 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
I am not an animal person so I have little to no patience with our dog & her various neuroses. It especially drives me crazy when she is frantically barking at someone/something that she can see through the window but she doesn't actually want to go outside and will go hide in her crate anytime you ask her if she needs out. She doesn't seem to like to do anything that other dogs like to do: go outside, play fetch, go on walks, go on car rides, etc. She has finally relented to riding in the car to be taken to the dog park 5 minutes from our house (and she does play with the dogs there) but that's it. I just don't get it.
I have to ask, if you are not an animal person, why have a dog? Animals are pretty sensitive to feelings, so some of her neuroses may be because she can feel your impatience with her, especially if you are the one she is around the most. More than anything, when it comes to training, and dealing on a daily basis with a dog, patience is the key. If you are "high strung" about her, she will be high strung too. Maybe just sit with her for a little bit of time every day, petting her. It will calm her and it may have a positive effect on you and how you relate to her.
Old 11-14-2023, 11:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Hahaha totally relate too! I hate this and what about the people who just don't care of the others and create their own traffic laws... Lot's of people don't use the blinkers anymore here's so you have to guess they want to turn or wait in traffic roundabout.
I think it's in the car I'm yelling alone the most lol
Old 11-14-2023, 02:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My mom.

I swear...I love her. But, she drives me crazy. The older she gets, the more opinionated and rude she becomes. She's rude to people. And, even when she isn't being rude she just sounds rude. Like her tone is rude. She's picky. I have to let her pick a restaurant because she's so damn picky about her food that I don't want to be the one that picked a restaurant she ends up disliking what she ordered. She's always late or never ready to go when we designate a time.

I have to be around her in small doses.

Old 11-14-2023, 03:52 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
My mom.

I swear...I love her. But, she drives me crazy. The older she gets, the more opinionated and rude she becomes. She's rude to people. And, even when she isn't being rude she just sounds rude. Like her tone is rude. She's picky. I have to let her pick a restaurant because she's so damn picky about her food that I don't want to be the one that picked a restaurant she ends up disliking what she ordered. She's always late or never ready to go when we designate a time.

OMG, the mother and daughter relationship can be so trying. My mom got like that as she got older too. That along with her dementia made it so you never knew what was going to come out of her mouth or how it would sound. There were times when we had to leave places because she was so rowdy and rude. Looking back, I mostly think it was the dementia, but then losing a loved one always softens the memories.
Old 11-14-2023, 04:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
My mom.

Quote:
OMG, the mother and daughter relationship can be so trying. My mom got like that as she got older too. That along with her dementia made it so you never knew what was going to come out of her mouth or how it would sound. There were times when we had to leave places because she was so rowdy and rude. Looking back, I mostly think it was the dementia, but then losing a loved one always softens the memories.
Oh.My.Goodness! ^^^ This! My mom lives with us and I have to keep my distance. She is bitter and the things that come out of her mouth just floor me sometimes.
Old 11-14-2023, 05:17 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
LOL, I got a new printer two years ago and it is still in the box because I got frustrated trying to set it up. By the time I tackle it again, it will probably be obsolete.
HP printer??? I love HP printers, but they drive me INSANE trying to get them set up. Holy Moly!!!
Old 11-16-2023, 11:31 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memaw2Wm View Post
HP printer??? I love HP printers, but they drive me INSANE trying to get them set up. Holy Moly!!!
Yes, it is an HP. LOL
Old 11-16-2023, 04:26 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yes, it is an HP. LOL
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Good luck with that.