Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Survivor: The Cochran Move (spoilers)

So I'm not really watching, but it's always on, so I guess I am watching. What did you think of Cochran's big move last night?

space to prevent accidental spoiling...

I'm a special ed teacher and I always fight for the underdog, so when he flipped, I was all "go Cochran." And then my jaw dropped when the dude from his team hissed "Coward" at him. I've disliked Brandon's preaching all season, but yeah for him, sticking up for Cochran and telling him like it is -- "That's what you get for treating him like that."

I'd be shocked if Cochran makes it to the end, but I'm sure rooting for him this season. Besides Ozzy and Coach, I'm not even sure I could name another player. I'm connected to Cochrane and hope that if he doesn't go far, he doesn't get his spirit crushed by playing this game.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

I couldn't believe he flipped...I mean I could but I was still shocked.

Honestly it made me mad that he did that. I mean yea I see it from the stand point of how they treated him, but at the same time, they kept him all this time and they could have easily gotten rid of him but chose to keep him. So I'm mad that he turned his back on his tribe. And I do think it was a cowardly move to do that just because he didn't want to leave his fate to rocks.

And I really wish they would be able to get rid of Brandon. I can't stand him anymore!
Old 11-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I didn't get to watch last night because my mom came into town. She's staying with us for 10 days so I'm doubting I will get to watch any time soon. Anyone want to give me a rundown as to what happened and who got voted off?
Old 11-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am rooting for Cochran because I know what it feels like to be bullied for being a nerd. I like Coach and am glad he took him "under his wing". I just hope that no one would really beat him up for flipping. It'd really show what true bullies they are.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
I didn't get to watch last night because my mom came into town. She's staying with us for 10 days so I'm doubting I will get to watch any time soon. Anyone want to give me a rundown as to what happened and who got voted off?
Ozzy won redemption and got back into the game when they merged, making each side 6-6. Cochran flipped to the other side because of how his tribe treated him so it was 5-7. Everyone voted (Cochran went with his tribe first) and it was a tie then they voted again to make sure everyone was solid in their votes before drawing rocks and then Cochran changed his vote which made Keith go home.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not sure including "The Cochran Move" in the title of this thread is exactly spoiler free. I just watched this morning and spent the whole time wondering what he was going to do, haha.

I don't know, I'm kind of over Cochran at this point. He may be a super fan of Survivor but his social game needs some work. Yes, his tribe bullied him but he didn't exactly win himself any favors with his behavior either. It'll be interesting to see if flipping works in his favor because while Brandon may be on his side, I'm not sure the rest of that tribe really is. I mean, does anyone ever really trust a flip-flopper? If they flip once, who's to say they might not flip again? Seems like he put a giant target on his back with his old tribe when he might have been able to coast towards the final since he's so easy to beat in challenges.

My one big question from this episode is why was Ozzy's tribe so convinced the other tribe would try to vote Whitney out? Seemed like a big gamble and a waste of the immunity idol.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm with Lynette on this, though I do have a special like of Cochran. Should be interesting now that the merge happened. the rest of the season always gets better.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:47 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

AND, Ozzy and Dawn had immunity from the vote. Ozzy used his idol for one of the other girls on his tribe (can't remember her name) thinking they would be drawing rocks - so now they're down in numbers AND they don't have an idol. It was a pretty bad night for those guys.

I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. On the one hand, I understand why Cochran flipped. He has been an outsider in his tribe. On the other hand, I would have LOVED to have seen what happened if they had had to draw rocks. Leaving an "eviction" up to pure chance would have been interesting to me--to see how people reacted to that. Although, the drama of someone flipping is probably more interesting to most people. I'm just weird like that.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltarbox View Post
I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. On the one hand, I understand why Cochran flipped. He has been an outsider in his tribe. On the other hand, I would have LOVED to have seen what happened if they had had to draw rocks. Leaving an "eviction" up to pure chance would have been interesting to me--to see how people reacted to that. Although, the drama of someone flipping is probably more interesting to most people. I'm just weird like that.
I would have loved to see it too! I had no idea that's how they would break a tie. Seems totally crazy to me to leave a million dollar game up to chance.

I think what irks me most about the way Cochran flipped is that he voted with his tribe first and THEN flipped. If you're going to flip, at least be confident and own it. But then I think that's what bothers me about him in the first place. I don't mind that he's nerdy, I mind that he claims to love Survivor but then is totally wimpy and wishy washy when it comes to actually playing the game.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Flipping at this point is a huge risk. The other tribe is very tight and with his lack of social skills he is guaranteed to be a the first one voted off once they pick off the other tribe.

But, the they should have known not to have Cochran as their "double agent" he is so easily swayed and super wishy washy. They got over confident and should have been making Cochran feel comfortable and confident in their alliance.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't believe they did a second vote! Have they ever done that? I thought they just went straight to the purple rock - which has also been done so very rarely. So who was Keith tied with?

For some reason, I root for Cochran too a bit.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
So who was Keith tied with?
He was tied with the cowboy, Rick. They do the voting twice to make absolutely sure no one wants to change their vote. They have done it before, but not often.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:46 PM

profile gallery send pm

Found this info on how they break ties on survivor. I knew there was something different about the second vote, but I could't remember what it was.

From http://www.survivorfanwiki.com/page/...and+Show+Rules
"The rules regarding ties at tribal council have changed from season to season. When there is a tie there is always a second round of voting in which only the contestants who have an equal amount of votes agaisnt them are elligible to be voted for. If the tie remains then:
Seasons 1-3: Ties were broken by the person invovled in the tie with the most previous votes cast against them going home. In the situation where a tie occured with no previous votes against either contestant, a questionare challenge occured, with the loosing contestant going home.
Season 4: Everyone not immune draws rocks and the contestant who draws the purple rock will go home.
Seasons 5-18: If more than four contestants remain, the tied vote getters become immune, and the remaining contestants draw rocks. If there are only four or less contestants at the tribal council in question, the tied contestants compete in a fire building challenge."

Old 11-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sorry if the title is a spoiler! I just couldn't think of a title.

Anyway, here's a "secret" video on the CBS site where Cochran gets offered final 4 with Coach & 2 others (see... just watched the video and already forgot who the other 2 are... forgettable cast). secret video Knowing he was offered that -- whether it was genuine or not -- makes it more understandable why he flipped.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

He also told Dawn at the beginning he'd vote with the tribe once and if it was a tie he'd switch b/c he respected the game too much to draw rocks.

I was really happy Brandon stood up for Cochran last night too..made me respect him a tad more.

ahh seeing the video makes sense now. (fyi it was coach, sophie, and albert)
Too bad they have no intention of holding that deal lol

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 11-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

I'm glad Cochran went against Ozzy...kinda tired of his arrogance now. I do think he screwed himself for the end if he gets there though with all the enemies he just made.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Finally got to watch this episode yesterday. Wow - that just made this a good season! Savii has been despicable to Cochran and they still want him to follow them around? Good for him - he can't win, but he can outlast the Savii tribe, hopefully.

Oh, I heard Whitney and Keith are dating IRL - no wonder she was so mad.
Preview of tonight's episode Cut Throat

Anyone follow Survivor on FB? They turned it over to Jeff et al for a while. CBS is doing that with a bunch of their FB pages - letting the stars actually post.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

All I could think last night was... Jim is awfully self righteous for a drug dealer.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, I love how Whitney said she wasn't a bully or a villain...right after she cussed out Cochran and told him he disgusted her. Brandon hit it right - they were all high and mighty until Cochran flipped, then it's all "oh woe is me...we are victims." Ha!! The only one I ever liked was Dawn, but she was on the wrong tribe from the start.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:49 AM

profile gallery send pm

Yeah - I'm kind of feeling bad for Dawn now. I have to admit a bias for her since she's a Professor at my Alma Mater. But, I really do think she's been nice. She was one of the few people that was always nice to Cochran and was even strategizing with him as he was making the decision to flip. But, she's in a losing battle now. Not much chance for her. But, you know, Brandon has a way of acting pretty high and mighty himself. It would be interesting to see how he would act if the tables were turned.