Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2024, 09:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Smart Watches

I'm very late to the party, but I'm wanting to get myself a smart watch. I have an android, so no apple watch for me. What watch do you have and tell me the likes and dislikes. There are sooooo many watches out there, I'm lost. Haha

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Old 01-05-2024, 03:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love my Samsung watch. I have the Samsung 6 Watch and I couldn't be happier. I had the Active 2, my hubby has the Samsung Watch 3 and my daughter has the Samsung Watch 5. We're an Android family and I see no issue with the Samsung watches.

Old 01-05-2024, 04:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm also a huge fan of my samsung watch (mine is the Samsung 5.) It syncs perfectly with my phone (also a samsung) and has been really great in the water too- we went snorkeling in hawaii last week and it worked perfectly fine! I do not wear it at night as the battery does drain pretty fast if you have all the things turned on. I usually keep it on battery saver and then charge every night & it's great. I used to have a fitbit type of watch that I did love, but it died after too much swimming. lol
Old 01-07-2024, 01:34 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the feedback. I do have a Samsung phone, so getting a Samsung watch would make sense. Good to know about the battery life. There are so many Smart watches on Amazon, and for cheaper, so was wondering if anyone had any dealings with any of them as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Old 01-07-2024, 06:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My husband and I both have Garmin and we got his parents the same. Mine is a Garmin Vivo Active. My MIL has a newer model and it even tells her how much she snores at night! LOL
Old 01-07-2024, 07:02 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I have a Galaxy Watch5 Pro. Love it. Good battery life (as others have stated about Galaxy watches). App is easy to use in my phone. Watch is easy to navigate. I like that it has a "watch face off" setting, which saves battery. So I have to click a button to see the time or to see notifications. Y'all, I work in a school: I don't need to be helping a student and they see the swear words my brother weaves into his texts! lol
Old 01-11-2024, 12:23 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I used to have a Fitbit Versa 2 that I absolutely loved! It was nice because it was a Fitbit, so it tracked my movement, etc., and my sleep. But it also could give me notifications from my phone. Ultimately, since I am an Apple person, I upgraded to an Apple Watch, but only really because the fitness app on Apple didn't talk well with the Fitbit and I had to have my phone with me to keep track of my fitness on Apple. I do love that the Fitbit Versa 2 has such a long battery life. I really don't like that the Apple Watch can't even hold a charge for one day!

41. Seattle
Old 01-12-2024, 10:22 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasianary View Post
I used to have a Fitbit Versa 2 that I absolutely loved! It was nice because it was a Fitbit, so it tracked my movement, etc., and my sleep. But it also could give me notifications from my phone. Ultimately, since I am an Apple person, I upgraded to an Apple Watch, but only really because the fitness app on Apple didn't talk well with the Fitbit and I had to have my phone with me to keep track of my fitness on Apple. I do love that the Fitbit Versa 2 has such a long battery life. I really don't like that the Apple Watch can't even hold a charge for one day!
Which Apple watch do you have? I'm researching to buy one right now and battery life is super important to me.

Old 01-12-2024, 01:53 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have the Watch SE 2nd gen 40mm and I just got it on Black Friday. It's a good watch but I haven't figured out how to make the battery last longer yet.

41. Seattle
Old 01-14-2024, 06:12 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

What you get depends on what you're looking for. I have a Fitbit Luxe, which was about $100, and it does a great job tracking my steps, my heartrate and my sleep. Sometimes it gives me notifications from my phone, and sometimes it doesn't, but that's not a very important feature to me.

I think when this one stops working, I'll upgrade to the Fitbit Charge because it has a bigger screen. Initially, I wanted to connect it to the Fitness App, FitOn, and be super awesome, but that's just not who I am.