Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-24-2016, 01:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Bachelorette Fans?!

Anyone here watch 'The Bachelorette' and want to discuss the show every week?

I don't watch it until Tuesday afternoon so I can start the thread then if there's any interest.

It just started last night so catching up will be easy if you do it now.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I PVRd it last night and just finished watching. Post your thoughts here after you watch.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Jake and I might watch this season! We <cough cough> got into a huge fight last season (not about the show, lol!) and stopped hanging out for awhile. But it's all good now and we need a new show to watch together. Always fun watching The Bachelor/Bachelorette with your teenage son, lol!
Old 05-24-2016, 08:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I watch!! but I don't know when I can watch it weekly. I will pop in from time to time to dish!!
Old 05-24-2016, 09:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

++++++++++++++++ SPOILERS ++++++++++++++++

Typical first week stuff: a couple of stupid gimmicks, someone gets hammered, & a 'surprise' guest shows up.

I think the show is really reaching, however, now that they make (or I assume so) the Bachelor/ette keep some obvious duds who just make for good TV. Even after her super awkward conversation with Daniel, she keeps him? And Santa Claus? Over some of the other seemingly normal guys? I can't see her choosing those guys except for the fact that the producers say she has to keep Mr. X and Mr. Y for X number of weeks to help with ratings.

Chad looks like a jerk so I'm sure he'll be around awhile.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've heard that there are some that the producers recommend staying for awhile but then as the choices dwindle then they get to choose who they really want. That makes sense to me. They want good tv and I agree, I love the drama and the silliness of it but at the end I want to see a couple of good prospects. My question is....why does the token Vancouver resident have to be kind of a nutball? I was not surprised when he took his clothes off and hopped in the pool LOL.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:44 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Love me some Bachelor! I will be back to dish throughout the season!!!
Old 05-25-2016, 09:06 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Jake showing up was awkward!!
Old 05-25-2016, 09:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

But if you're going to post a spoiler, can we say something like "episode 2 spoiler"? because we will probably all watch the episodes at different rates. Sometimes I have to wait and watch 2 episodes in an evening.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My guilty pleasure!

Old 05-26-2016, 10:42 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Does anyone else watch UnREAL? That show gave me a whole new appreciation for producer manipulation.

---- Episode 1 Spoilers ----------

Here are my random thoughts from the premiere:

Jojo was unicorn mask girl?? Somehow I never made that connection.

Jordan Rodgers - oh man, I don't know. I hadn't heard he was going to be on the show but as soon as I saw him I was like wait, is that Aaron Rodgers brother? and yep, it was. Then I wondered WHY would he need to go on the Bachelorette to find a girl? From interviews Aaron's done I always got the impression his younger brother was a bit of a ladies man. Jojo obviously likes him and I feel like I want to too but something about the whole thing seems phony to me. Maybe he's hoping to be the next Bachelor?

I laughed at the guy who said "well Olivia got the first impression rose and she got left on an island so..."

Is it just me or do 75% of these guys look the same and the rest are a bit weird looking?

These guys should have put themselves on a two drink maximum - holy drunkness Batman. Also all references to blue balls, squeezing balls and panties is just a NO. Drunken swimming as well.

I didn't think Jojo had a connection with too many of the guys yet but I think the one with the cowboy boots was my fave. I have a feeling it's going to be a Texas guy in the end but we will see.

Last edited by Nettio; 05-26-2016 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I agree with everything you said. BTW the drunk swimmer was the Canadian guy from Vancouver (my city). Way to represent, Canada ugh. I thought that too. Many guys with the same kind of attractiveness and then the weird ones LOL.I forget his name but the guy who keeps complaining about everyone, is starting to irritate me already LOL.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:02 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I agree with everything you said. BTW the drunk swimmer was the Canadian guy from Vancouver (my city). Way to represent, Canada ugh. I thought that too. Many guys with the same kind of attractiveness and then the weird ones LOL.I forget his name but the guy who keeps complaining about everyone, is starting to irritate me already LOL.
I loved that his job title was "Canadian."

And I think that was Chad - the one who seems to eventually lose his mind (or at least be edited/manipulated that way.)
Old 05-26-2016, 02:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I really liked Sweet Texas Cowboy but I'm sure she won't pick him. He looked a lot like Anders Holm (Mindy's ex-fiance on 'The Mindy Project') to me.

I don't bother to keep track of most of the guys' names until Week 4 or 5 when it's whittled down to Handful of Generic Hot Guys, Two Hotheads, One Weird Guy, One Drama King, & One Dorky-Cute Guy That You Know Has No Chance But She Will Keep Him Around For Awhile.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, exactly, LeeAndra LOL
Old 05-26-2016, 06:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I feel like this pack of guys is super lame. I don't really like any of them! Not that it matters - she'll just constantly make out with whichever guy she thinks is the hottest - pick him in the end - then break up with him minutes 'after the final rose'.