Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

these are funny.
i lived on mac & cheese with both girls and a ton of fruit. i had severe aversions to yogurt and eggs with both pregnancies, although i had no ms with the first and sick right up to the delivery with the second (yeah - she's still pushing my buttons and doing things HER way!). with dd#2 - i had a coke speedway slushie every.morning. every morning. the sugar helped calm my tummy. subway, too. i loved subway.

here is what i did to andy - it was summertime, we were grocery shopping and i wanted pumpkin pie. a fresh one. frozen did not sound good. it came to me when we were looking for cool whip. weird, huh? so we scoured the store. no pie (duh - not in season!). i started crying. in the middle of the grocery store. andy said that he'd make me one - well no pumpkin. at all. he was devastated. he felt that he let me down (poor guy). we were grilling out that night - so he went to the corner store for steaks. just a little mom & pop store. they had pumpkin pie. fresh. from the bakery. i cried again when he arrived home with his find.

AND - two weeks ago, the same daughter i was prego wtih announced that she wanted pumpkin pie. little bugger.

and my thoughts with pregnancy - eat what sounds good. obviously within moderation but sometimes healthy is not what your body always wants.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to cardinalskate

When I had morning sickness, I totally picked foods that would taste good coming up...ewww, I know, but that's the way it was. I ate a lot of graham crackers and 100 calorie packs of cookies.

Once I got over the MS, I wanted MEAT. It was the weirdest thing, because before then (and since then) I'm pretty much a chicken eater, but I wanted me some roast beef and steak and ribs. I would have pork chops for breakfast. I just wanted meat!
Old 07-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalskate View Post
Once I got over the MS, I wanted MEAT.
Me too!!! I wanted meat all the time once I got past week 16!!!!
Old 07-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

oh and BTW I had the sense of smell of a bloodhound when I was pregnant. I could tell you what everyone on the block is cooking for dinner. Which was not so great considering the smell of just about everything made me want to yack. lol
Old 07-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When I was preggo, we went with my in-laws to this beautiful inn on Victoria Island in Canada. This place is a real "foodie" kind of place and has a restaurant that is always on those Conde Nast top 50 lists for top restaurants in the world. The only other time we had been there, it happened to be when the chef was on vacation and the restuarant was closed for dinner. So this time, we were really looking forward to a gourmet meal.

Of couse, since I had morning sickness, I couldn't eat a thing and spent the whole evening throwing up in the bathroom while the rest of the family had a glorious dinner. Yeah, that was a great experience. MS sucks.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My last pregnancy go-tos were saltines and ginger ale. One night as I was watching some detective show on TV, they figured out that one of the characters was pregnant by noticing saltines and ginger ale on her counter. I found it pretty funny, as I was sitting there eating and drinking the exact same thing.

Hope you start feeling better soon!

Old 07-23-2011, 11:23 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

I was SO sick w/ Abby. I subsisted on saltines, gatorade (but only grape), pretzels and chicken noodle soup. The last 2 months I ate a TON of onion rings. I HATE ONION RINGS The smell of them now makes me want to vomit but they were honestly one of the only things I could eat.

With JJ I wasn't sick at all.. was naseous for 2 days and that was it.. I actually thought I had the flu. With him I ate a LOT of mexican food.. and he can sit and eat salsa with a spoon.

I don't remember doing anything to Jeff food related...that i know of anyway.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:51 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I've eaten tons of red fruit jelly with custard and was totally addicted to fresh fruits like oranges and nectarines
°° Zinnias & Swallowtails ° Erica Zane ° Vera Lim °°

Old 07-24-2011, 08:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was so sick with my first pregnancy - I lost something like 12 lbs within a few weeks of the nausea setting in (I had, ahem, a bit of weight to spare though, lol!).

I found cream of wheat to be my salvation. Seriously the only thing I could eat for a long time!

Then I went through my fresh fruit phase. Especially mild citrus like mandarin oranges.

Good luck, hun!
Old 07-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I ate a ton of tomatoes and oranges with Benjamin, but I could not eat any chicken at all. It made me gag so bad! I used to go to the store and buy the big greenhouse tomatoes, and just sit and eat them like apples!

With Amelia, I developed a huge aversion to all fruit, that I'm still struggling to overcome. I did eat a lot of kids sugar cereal, and bread. Tons of bread! I gained 70 pounds with that pregnancy, no wonder! I wasn't really sick with her just a bit for the first few weeks, nothing serious. Her pregnancy was my easiest by far.

Rachael was the one I was really sick with. For the first 3 months, I barely ate at all. When I did eat, it was Roast Chicken flavored potato chips. I lost 15 pounds. Later I could only eat bacon wrapped jalapeno peppers! I couldn't drink water without getting heartburn, but I could eat these...it never made one bit of sense LOL! I was nauseated until the end with her, and really, I lived off those jalapenos and the roast chicken chips. Not very healthy, but I was just trying to make it through alive.

It's so hard when you're feeling SO unwell. I couldn't feed my cat or cook raw meat, I would just gag. I couldn't brush my teeth without gagging either, I had to go buy the cheapest, unminty toothpaste I could find, and even then, it was gross. I also couldn't eat sandwiches or wraps (anything I had to put in my mouth to bite pieces off). There are days I miss pregnancy, then I remember all of this, and I don't miss it so much any more LOL
Old 07-24-2011, 09:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I craved anything with lime - though predominatly in liquid form: lime & lemonade & lime lollies. I totally missed the food cravings and was just thirsty all the time - I actually lost a little of the extra weight I was carrying before I got pregnant.

Bummer, 'cos I was looking forward to having a very good excuse to indulge!
Old 07-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Well I'm certainly glad I'm not alone! I'm 10 weeks today and for the past few days I've actually had a few short breaks in the day when I wasn't feeling nauseous. Now granted, when it did hit, it hit hard. But at least I'm able to time it and eat a little something in between bouts. Mostly i'm just having trouble staying hydrated, so i'm trying to push whatever I can.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Peanut Butter, Oranges and Jalepenos! Pretty much anything I ate contained one of those. I put jalepenos on everything with Braden.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Its more like what I ate after I had him. I had Gestational Diabetes so I was on a very strict diet and had to poke myself everytime I ate. So after I had him, I was on a soda binge. I had never drank a lot of soda but I was drinking COKE like it was the only beverage on earth. It was pretty serious. I do not drink it anymore, thankfully.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:45 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post
Well I'm certainly glad I'm not alone! I'm 10 weeks today and for the past few days I've actually had a few short breaks in the day when I wasn't feeling nauseous. Now granted, when it did hit, it hit hard. But at least I'm able to time it and eat a little something in between bouts. Mostly i'm just having trouble staying hydrated, so i'm trying to push whatever I can.
I've got 10 days left to 10 weeks. I pray that I get some relief then too....
Old 07-25-2011, 09:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I always started to feel some relief around ten weeks and it got steadily better after that. By 16ish weeks I would feel better.

I lived off of seltzer. I couldn't drink water at all. But the bubbles in the seltzer helped so much.

I also ate mostly carbohydrates, I don't think I ate one iota of protein until I was close to 16 weeks. Crackers, cookies, rice, pasta.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I hope you're feeling better soon! I was sick with all three of my girls, and the one thing that I ate A LOT of was...

with dd #1: frozen yogurt

with dd #2: watermelon (I once ate an entire melon in one day)!

with dd #3: anything and everything

SAHM to three girls (17,12,8) and two (very) spoiled mutts!

5 year breast cancer survivor

Words With Friends user ID: kpnv70

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/Scrapper007/
Old 07-25-2011, 01:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper007 View Post
with dd #2: watermelon (I once ate an entire melon in one day)!
I wish I could say I only did that once... It happened SEVERAL times during my pregnancy.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 07-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via ICQ to Lukasmummy Send a message via MSN to Lukasmummy Send a message via Yahoo to Lukasmummy

With Lukas frozen chocolate cake, with Leo milky ways and bacon crisps and with Logan it was meat (had to be really red when we bought it even though I won't eat meat that's even slightly pink) and galaxy caramels. This one has been a few different things meat again including a one off desire for a burger king xl bacon double cheesburger, melon, apricots, kiwi fruit, galaxy muffins, banana milkshake, raspberry jam on toast, pasta and she liked the look of dh's tuna sandwich but I draw the line at eating fish the smell makes me heave. Hugs Crystal xx