Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg
Default ~April Book and Discussion~ **May contain spoilers**

We will be reading The Lucky One by Nicolas Sparks this month!

Feel free to discuss!!

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 04-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Great. I already have this one on my Nook I just haven't read it yet. Just finished the one I was reading so I'll start on this one next.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just finished!!! And let me just say ... the movie trailers don't look right to me at ALL
Old 04-06-2012, 11:17 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I bought it in paperback and seriously realized exactly how much I love my Kindle. Dumb regular book. Anyway, I'm into chapter 2 or 3 and am intrigued so far.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to go get it!!! Yay... I'm a dork... I'm excited to start it!
Old 04-07-2012, 12:02 AM

profile gallery send pm

I just have to know, for those of you that have read this book already, do you picture Logan like this? This is the guy that is playing Logan in the movie. I'm not far into the book and I'm just wondering if he looks the way you expected.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:04 AM

profile gallery send pm

and by the way, unrelated, I think I need to get my husband a subscription to this mag. He could read the articles and I could look at the pictures. LOL
Old 04-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Billingsley View Post
and by the way, unrelated, I think I need to get my husband a subscription to this mag. He could read the articles and I could look at the pictures. LOL
LOL! I think that is a great idea! What a good Birthday present for DH!? LOL!

I'm only in it a little... trying to finish another book before I really get started!
Old 04-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I read this book last year, and I really enjoyed it.

Julie, nope, I totally don't think of Zac Efron in this role. To me, he'll always be Troy from High School Musical or Link on Hairspray. LOL When I read this book, I pictured the guy older and more rugged looking (not "old" but like I said - in my mind, Zac is still a high school kid. LOL)
Old 04-15-2012, 11:29 PM

profile gallery send pm

okay, I finished the book!

I really liked it! I've never read Nicholas Sparks before, so I was wasn't sure what to expect, but I enjoyed this story. Now that I've read it, I don't see how Zac will play this role. Logan is suppose to be 28, and I don't see Zac looking 28. I just looked it up, and he is actually 25 and to me he is a young looking 25. I pictured Logan looking more like Sawyer from Lost personally.

Anyway, I liked the plot line of Logan having a debt to repay and that he doesn't find her to fall in love with her. I liked the tension between the ex-husband and Logan. I can see this story making a good movie, especially with the dramatic ending. I already told my husband that we going on a date night to see the movie.

I will be looking at other Nicholas Sparks books now. I am probably one of the few people out there that hasn't watched or read The Notebook, so that book might be next for me.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes! I pictured him as a Sawyer'esque actor as well ... especially the unshaven long hair aspect. Zac looks like a boy that is fresh into the service, not one that has done multiple tours in a war zone.

I think the actress looks young as well. I don't think she looks young enough to have a 10 yr old boy.

I have read multiple Nicolas Sparks books and I am always disappointed by the movie (except The Notebook).
Old 04-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Billingsley View Post
That is the funniest thing I've seen all day! Love your post!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I finished it at lunch today. While I really enjoyed the book, it's not my favorite Nicolas Sparks book. I do think it will make a good movie though and will go see it.

I was disappointed in how Beth felt about her ex in the end though. I know what he did but I can't forget what a creep he really was. And the flour in the ice cream totally grossed me out!
Old 04-23-2012, 04:48 PM

profile gallery send pm

I saw the movie and it was good (not as good as the book) in a very predictable way. The changes they made in the movie were odd at times. If they would have stuck to the book it would have been better, but the changes were minor. I will say I did really like Zac as Logan. He did a good job and he overcame the age thing by them not having him be a college graduate. And uh wow did he grow up since High School Musical. I guess I'll have to be a cougar, because he became crush worthy in this movie. That shower scene was hot.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I finally finished the book! (My mother in law was in for a week!)...

I enjoyed the book - but, yeah... totally saw Sawyer-esque guy in my head! Zac really doesn't fit the gruff marine-traveler for 5 years guy at all in my head! I don't know about the actress... don't really know her to say anything. The boy from the book isn't what I pictured, but that might have been my imagination...

What did you all think of the last part of the book? At first, I thought both... I would have hated that! I didn't like Ketith's character, and I know that Nicholas Sparks was getting across in the end that he was trying to rescue his son... but I think he needed to draw it out a little, lol! Zeus is my hero, lol!
Old 04-24-2012, 03:18 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk703 View Post
What did you all think of the last part of the book? At first, I thought both... I would have hated that! I didn't like Ketith's character, and I know that Nicholas Sparks was getting across in the end that he was trying to rescue his son... but I think he needed to draw it out a little, lol! Zeus is my hero, lol!
it was even more abbreviated in the movie and I didn't like how they handled it at all. As for the book, I see Nicholas Sparks was trying to make some suspense of who it was, but it fell flat to me. I liked the concept of this book a lot, but I really think Nicholas Sparks needs a better editor that would encourage him to flesh out some parts of the book better, including the ending.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I read this book back when it first came out in 2008. I thought it was a pretty good Nicholas Sparks book. Here was my review about it on GoodReads:

I really liked this book and how the characters were connected. It was a fun story. It was a little predictable, but I think that's because I sorta have Nicolas Sparks style down and can usually guess what he will do next. THe beginning had me guessing for a bit and did surprise me! But the ending was predictable. Still very good, and I really liked the characters!

I definitely pictured Logan to be older looking than Zac Efron. I guess I still picture him as a kid in HSM, too. haha

I do think he is a very talented actor and definitely not bad on the eyes...

Public Relations for www.digitalscrapper.com
(Photoshop & PSE digital scrapbook training)