Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2023, 11:14 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm
Default Enable me, please!

Hi all!

I am new here and planning to join in the summer scrap-a-thon. I have a few SSD kits but not a ton. I was wondering what your favourite general purpose kits are? There are a ton of fun kits in the store but it would be great to get some good basics that I can use, too. What do you go to over and over again? Hook me up!
Old 07-04-2023, 08:54 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Welcome to SSD- so happy to have you here!
Here are some of my faves:

Old 07-04-2023, 09:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hello and welcome to SSD! You've picked a perfect time to jump in and get acquainted - the Summer Scrap A Thon is TONS of fun!!

I'm not sure that you could go wrong with ANY and ALL of the kits here!! I can't say that I have any one favorite - I love them all!!

Again, welcome - I'm looking forward to watching your SSD gallery grow!!
Old 07-04-2023, 11:54 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I go back to Kristin Cronin-Barrow's nature kits over and over again. She has so many, check them out.
Old 07-04-2023, 12:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Welcome!!! You have joined at the perfect time. Scrap-a-thon is tons of fun.

I LOVE EVERYTHING in the Shoppe!!!!! You can't really go wrong with anything you choose here.

I will say, what helped me build my stash is being able to spend enough to get the FWP in the Shoppe. Spending $10 and then getting the FWP kit is an amazing deal especially since all the designers here pack their kits with SO much.

Old 07-04-2023, 03:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If you like templates, Cindy has sooo many that can be used over and over again for every day use.

Old 07-04-2023, 05:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Welcome from just slightly west (Alberta girl here!)

I love everything in the bestsellers category, really - you can't go wrong there!
https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...me.php?cat=615

Don't forget about the current freebies too:
https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...me.php?cat=796

Old 07-05-2023, 09:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Welcome! Between the sale and the recommendations above, you can't go wrong!
Old 07-05-2023, 12:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Chiming in with a warm welcome to the Sweet Shoppe - we're so glad you're here! I agree with all the advice you've been given so far, especially Kiana's advice to strategically place your orders so you qualify for the free kits. They change out every 2 weeks, and a $10 minimum purchase is really easy to hit. Plus, keep an eye out over the next six weeks for the special summer Sixlets - additional exclusive kits you get for free when your order is $15 rather than just $10.

Old 07-05-2023, 04:38 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the warm welcome and the suggestions everyone! I think I've picked up a few good basics to start with and added a bunch to my wishlist LOL!
Old 07-05-2023, 06:16 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Welcome to SSD! We are so happy you are here! You will have tons of fun with the Summer Scrap-a-thon! I like to build my page on a good template. I love The Nifty Pixel's templates (page drafts) and use them often. I would get a set of templates that you like and then check out the freebie section. You may find a freebie that you want to buy the full kit with. Kiana also had an excellent suggestion to check out what is available as "Free with Purchase". I have gotten many kits this way. Another suggestion is to click on a designer's page and then, at the top, click on the sales tab. Sometimes designers have products on sale outside of regular sales. There are also "Oldies But Goodies" sales to get products at a discount and new products are discounted for 48 hours from release.
Old 07-07-2023, 02:43 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Welcome to SSD! Looks like you got a lot of information from those that posted before me.

I don't have any favorites that I use over and over. I have bought a lot of digi goodies but haven't used them - there's just that much fabulous stuff. LOL I am normally a kit scrapper and don't often use more than one kit per layout.
Old 07-07-2023, 03:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

You've got great advice and suggestions already!
Just wanted to say welcome!

Old 07-07-2023, 09:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Dang it. I should never have opened this thread. I'm here all the time, yet look at me loading up my cart with things I "need."

Cindy has a set of templates called Get It Scrapped that are my favorite. They formed the base of my 2020 album.

Another handy thing Cindy made is layered card templates that are perfect for when your template has a spot for a card and your kit doesn't have one that works for you.

I'm a huge fan of Brook's templates, too, which are a totally different style. She has a series called All the Piles for lots of photos, but I the very most love her templates that look like an open book/journal:

Lori (LJS Designs) makes the best cards/word art:

Kristin's kits are super versatile, and this one is a great place to start for everyday moments:

Erica has a great sense of color and makes super clever cards; her kits are usually really on point for the theme but also super easy to use off theme.

When you want to be artsy but you're not sure where to start, Ru of Studio Basic is perfect. Her kits are perfect for artsy scrapping but still useable for unmessy scrapping. Her kits are also great for scrapping your feelings because.