Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default To those who copy and paste comments...

(this is not to any of you... a general rant)

If you're going to copy and paste comments, maybe you could not put the same comment on three pages in a row of my layouts, including calling an immensely BOYish page beautiful, and do not tell me a page with very little layering has wonderful layering.
Thanks.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 11-23-2010, 11:08 AM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

*hehe* I've gotten some doosies before........ I dunno why people do that
Old 11-23-2010, 11:09 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

LOL, I can relate!!! I've gotten some of those too!
Old 11-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I totally agree with you!! I always try and point out things I like about a LO. I have several pages in my gallery at another place that all it says is "Beautiful page." Ugh!
Old 11-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

lol, I've gotten comments like that at other galleries... It seems like the comment isn't quite meant for your lo lol. I usually try to say what I like about it, because I like to hear what people like about mine. I think ssd is the best gallery for real comments
Old 11-23-2010, 11:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hehe I love when the C+P comments don't match my page! It's even funnier whn the same person comments on the same page twice and both comments are exactly the same!!
Old 11-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have that happen here I think.... but it's still awful at a certain other site..there's one person there who it seems like every time I upload a new layout within minutes she's posted "beautiful page" on it...it's like she sits on the homepage and makes the same comment on every layout that's uploaded..weird.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
I don't have that happen here I think.... but it's still awful at a certain other site..there's one person there who it seems like every time I upload a new layout within minutes she's posted "beautiful page" on it...it's like she sits on the homepage and makes the same comment on every layout that's uploaded..weird.
Lol, I think I know who you mean!
Old 11-23-2010, 11:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It's even more fun when someone posts on one of my hybrid projects "beautiful layout"
Old 11-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh...or at least don't make it so obvious!
Old 11-23-2010, 12:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
There's someone at another site who does this to ALL my pages (and presumably everybody else's too) and she has TENS OF THOUSANDS of posts. Judging from her pages, she's a mom and I just can't fathom how she has time for all the copying and pasting! (Or why she bothers...)
Old 11-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so ignorant... I didn't even know people do that! lol! I'm figuring it's because they want to participate in the praise threads. If you want nice comments you should leave some real ones yourself!
Old 11-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

people rock. srsly.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yep - I totally get what you mean. And I probably know what site it is you are referring to, lol. I get the "Beautiful page" comment on every one of my layouts too. Awesome!

Huge fan of:

Old 11-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Um, I like your lack of layering?! OH, and all your pages are beautiful! rofl
Whew, glad I got that out of my system.

Some people just don't get it I guess. Comment if you actually like something about a layout and not just because you feel you need to have so many comments. I mean, duh.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

all I can do is giggle...I feel bad that I haven't even peeked at a gallery to even comment lately =0 ...... ummmmm....maybe a scrap a page about gallery comments might be some good therapy...LOL!
Old 11-23-2010, 05:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Some of it may be a language barrier (I suspect) and the pressure to return praise on pages. While I agree it's not ideal, I'm usually just happy that someone took the time to look at my page, lol.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Great point!
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Great point!!
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Great . . . meh, you get the point.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
Some of it may be a language barrier (I suspect) and the pressure to return praise on pages. While I agree it's not ideal, I'm usually just happy that someone took the time to look at my page, lol.
Wanted to say the same thing: there are people who just aren't that fluent in English and for them it's a major accomplishment to just C+P a comment, so we shouldn't be that hard on them. Even though I prefer the comments with real content, I try hard to appreciate the other ones, too. Simply because someone took the time to open my page, look at it, and even more - leave a comment.

But can I say I'm guilty of having done one comment that said "Beautiful page" recently? (Or something to that extent). I'd actually already planned out all that I was going to say about that page, but sometimes I start with just that general statement. And before I even realized it, I hit the submit button and there it was "Beautiful page" and I'm thinking: "What the H...! Did I just do that?" Forgot on whose page it was, and I didn't want to add another comment (though I seriously thought about that), but felt it was a little embarrassing to add two comments. So, I hope, no one got offended by that comment!

And can I say something very honest and open here? (This is nothing personal, and I really hope no one gets offended by this one!) I do the Layout Lovings sometimes, and there you are obliged to leave comments on other pages, too. No big deal, as I usually really love the pages I see there. But every once in a while I get a page where I sit and sit and can't think of anything that I really like about this page (y'all know, we have different tastes and styles, so it doesn't even mean that it's an ugly page!). So with those kind of pages I do have a hard time giving meaningful comments. And maybe other people think that about my pages - I understand! Can anyone relate?
Old 11-23-2010, 08:52 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

I'm totally a "beautiful page"-er ........ sometimes I just think things are beautiful and i say it LOL

i knw there's a lot of "love love love this!! <3 " comments from me too haha
Old 11-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post
Great . . . meh, you get the point.
Now you're c&p'ing thread replies! lol! j/k
Old 11-23-2010, 10:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by suladesign View Post
Wanted to say the same thing: there are people who just aren't that fluent in English and for them it's a major accomplishment to just C+P a comment, so we shouldn't be that hard on them. Even though I prefer the comments with real content, I try hard to appreciate the other ones, too. Simply because someone took the time to open my page, look at it, and even more - leave a comment.

But can I say I'm guilty of having done one comment that said "Beautiful page" recently? (Or something to that extent). I'd actually already planned out all that I was going to say about that page, but sometimes I start with just that general statement. And before I even realized it, I hit the submit button and there it was "Beautiful page" and I'm thinking: "What the H...! Did I just do that?" Forgot on whose page it was, and I didn't want to add another comment (though I seriously thought about that), but felt it was a little embarrassing to add two comments. So, I hope, no one got offended by that comment!

And can I say something very honest and open here? (This is nothing personal, and I really hope no one gets offended by this one!) I do the Layout Lovings sometimes, and there you are obliged to leave comments on other pages, too. No big deal, as I usually really love the pages I see there. But every once in a while I get a page where I sit and sit and can't think of anything that I really like about this page (y'all know, we have different tastes and styles, so it doesn't even mean that it's an ugly page!). So with those kind of pages I do have a hard time giving meaningful comments. And maybe other people think that about my pages - I understand! Can anyone relate?
Totally get that, lol, but no, the ones I was mentioning today, her location said US. lol Who knows, maybe she hasn't lived here long.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 11-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

That's just weird . . .

Walking Along - my blog.
Happily creating for Polly & Rufus and TwoLittlePixels.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've had a few like that - it's especially bad when they have a spelling mistake and they've copied & pasted it a million times (not a common error either, but like "bEautiful layout' or something bizarre)

Old 11-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've gotten some copy/pasted comments before and I just don't worry about it. Like someone else mentioned, sometimes it's a language issue, other times it's just a time issue. I just figure a comment is a comment.

Plus I don't really like the idea of judging comments or that there's some 'right' way to comment. I tend to just say whatever my reaction to the layout happens to be which sometimes really is something like "great layout!!!" I don't like the idea that just because I don't point out something specific, it's somehow not genuine. I think most people are leaving comments with good intentions.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
I've gotten some copy/pasted comments before and I just don't worry about it. Like someone else mentioned, sometimes it's a language issue, other times it's just a time issue. I just figure a comment is a comment.

Plus I don't really like the idea of judging comments or that there's some 'right' way to comment. I tend to just say whatever my reaction to the layout happens to be which sometimes really is something like "great layout!!!" I don't like the idea that just because I don't point out something specific, it's somehow not genuine. I think most people are leaving comments with good intentions.
i've gotta agree. i mean, yes. it's nice to get feedback on the layout and know what people like or don't, any comment is a comment.

except for when it's spam. like people have said, i don't like when someone posts the same comment on every single layout that's seen. then it just becomes spam to me...

but i agree with what i quoted.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by color of my heart View Post
i've gotta agree. i mean, yes. it's nice to get feedback on the layout and know what people like or don't, any comment is a comment.

except for when it's spam. like people have said, i don't like when someone posts the same comment on every single layout that's seen. then it just becomes spam to me...

but i agree with what i quoted.
"Spam" -- that's the right word for what I was talking about. The person I was referring to leaves the exact same comment on every layout, and the times stamps are like, 5 layouts in a minute. To me, that means the person isn't even really looking at the layout, just opening it, pasting and hitting submit.

A "Beautiful layout!" from somebody I know in the community or from somebody who doesn't have very many comments under their belt or who leaves different comments on other layouts is great!
Old 11-26-2010, 09:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh! I don't leave tons of comments anyway, but if I do, they're "real" otherwise why bother? That said, I also don't play "praise games" because of things like that.

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 11-26-2010, 10:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't mind getting "beautiful layout" as a comment, but when it's that comment from the same person, punctuated the same, misspelled the same, it's like someone mentioned above - it's spam.

I totally get the language differences, and I respect that. I also know that if someone says "beautiful layout" they might have thought it really was a beautiful layout. It's only times when like I mentioned above, or when it isn't even a LO but a hybrid project that it really kinda bugs me.

But, I agree also with others - at least they took the time to take a look at my work and leave a comment.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

As one who never gets comments unless I play the praise game, I'd love some spam on my layouts.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
Sheri rocks. What she said, and Sula too.

I'm just happy Someone Looked at the Page and Took the Time to Comment. Doesn't bother me really what gets commented, as long as it's not "this page is really ugly".

Because all of our time is way too precious, and I am the world's worst gallery commenter for all the great layouts and hybrid projects out there I seriously LOVE.

Last edited by NettieB; 11-26-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

LOL Nettie, I don't think I'd like the "this page is really ugly" comment either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NettieB View Post
Sheri rocks. What she said.

I'm just happy Someone Looked at the Page and Took the Time to Comment. Doesn't bother me really what gets commented, as long as it's not "this page is really ugly".

Because all of our time is way too precious, and I am the world's worst gallery commenter for all the great layouts and hybrid projects out there I seriously LOVE.