Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-10-2016, 03:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Thoughts on PL 2017.

Who's doing it? What are you envisioning and how are you planning to make your book? Rounded corners or straight?
Old 12-10-2016, 03:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love how my last two years have turned out and while the pages take a lot of time to complete I don't think I can do the whole no decorations and cluster thing. I feel the need for some flowers or other embellishment and while I absolutely LOVE everyones simple and clean pages, I just don't think I can do it. It would on the other hand be very handy to just pop out pages in a few minutes, so I have time to scrap traditional pages too. Oh the choices!
Old 12-10-2016, 04:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What I like (and miss) most abt PL is capturing the little stories & sayings that don't warrant an entire scrapbook page so my number one tool in doing PL in 2017 will be the Journey app. I'm 'testdriving' it right now with my Countdown to Christmas album & liking having a spot for my thoughts before I actually get a page done.

A non-SSD designer has a pocket page creator action set that I'm hoping will help make the process faster since I'll be able to make the exact sizes and configurations I need vs. having to figure out what template to use.

I will still be doing traditional pages so my PL process needs to be easy and fast so I can get both types of pages done every week.

I don't know how simple or complex my element usage will be or whether I will have rounded or straight corners yet. I'm hoping that I'll pump out a week & then say, 'Yeah, that's it!' and then keep doing it that way.
Old 12-10-2016, 04:58 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing it but for this year i'm really behind. but since i planned to print my book in may, i still have time

I'm doing straight corners and use my own pocket addict templates
Old 12-10-2016, 07:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I did the first half of this year paper, and I'm using Cindy's newest Universal Album for the second half. I love how the second half is looking; digital is really my favorite and my best.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for 2017, but I know it will be digital and that I will print a book from AdoramaPix.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Although I don't have a complete 2014, 2015 or 2016 album, I still plan to do PL in 2017

I do digital layouts and print them from Persnickety Prints.
My layouts usually look something like this:

Old 12-11-2016, 10:39 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

i wanna do it a bit different this year.
now im making pages of holidays, birthdays, disneytrips ect.
but, now my oldest is out of house for his studie, we didnt renew our disneyland paris annuals passes, dont have much time for it.
so no pages there.
nothing much planned this year, this year we went to wdw for two weeks.

going to germany/europapark this summer.

so with nothing special planned, i wanna make pages wich contain more theme's on a page. also the little things, like pictures of the cats, or a cake we baked, or snow or the firts flowers in spring ect.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm planning on doing 2017- straight corners.

I don't see myself changing up much this year- maybe finding a new week in review card. Hopefully, I can keep my pages clean and simple and fast!
Old 12-12-2016, 01:37 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't think I'm changing much from this year. This was my 4th year of PL, and I've finally found the right balance between speed and embellishment. [Roughly translated, that means "I've finally thrown in the towel on the more complex PL pages I used to do and accepted that I need to use only a few embellishments per page if I want to keep up." ]

So far I've done 2 years with rounded corners and 2 years with square corners. I'm leaning toward going back to square for next year, but I'm not sure yet. I've used Traci's stitched grids on my pages since the first year, and I'm planning to keep doing that. This was the first year I printed as photobooks instead of individual pages in an album. I'm planning to stick with photobooks for 2017, but I think I'm going to switch from 2 books a year to 3. The lay flat photobook I made for January to June is fantastic, but it's so thick that I'm a little worried about how it will hold up.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so glad this question was asked. I'm torn. I have done digital PL for 3 years. 2017 would be my 4th year. I feel the need to change it up. I was going to go very simple for 2016 and I just couldn't do it. My plan for 2017 was to go super simple and "take the crap out of scrapbooking" (if you know what I mean). I miss making my traditional digital pages. My family prefers looking at the PL album over traditional pages so I don't want to quit. I've thought about doing a monthly review instead of weekly. Somebody help me decide because templates need to be purchased and a plan needs made. I just start to get a little twitchy when I think about simple and no embellishments. I tell myself I'll use all those pretty SSD products on all the traditional pages I'll have time to make if I simplify PL.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This year I did/am doing monthly pages, pictures all in black and white, and very simple and clean. Probably will keep that up because it works and when I don't do it on time, it's easy to catch up.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:44 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I am totally doing it for 2016 and 2017. I finished my 2015 book and LOVE it! Going all digital, straight corners and pretty basic! I might do black and white photos again...not sure! Digital definitely works best for me and easy works best for me.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I always love to mix B/W photo's and colored ones. But i do think of continue-ing in 2017
Old 12-14-2016, 02:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by abm234 View Post
I'm so glad this question was asked. I'm torn. I have done digital PL for 3 years. 2017 would be my 4th year. I feel the need to change it up. I was going to go very simple for 2016 and I just couldn't do it. My plan for 2017 was to go super simple and "take the crap out of scrapbooking" (if you know what I mean). I miss making my traditional digital pages. My family prefers looking at the PL album over traditional pages so I don't want to quit. I've thought about doing a monthly review instead of weekly. Somebody help me decide because templates need to be purchased and a plan needs made. I just start to get a little twitchy when I think about simple and no embellishments. I tell myself I'll use all those pretty SSD products on all the traditional pages I'll have time to make if I simplify PL.
This is me to the t. I tell myself it will be so much easier to scrap traditional pages if I can just make the PL a little more streamlined, but I've been good about not falling more than a few weeks behind and I still have barely scrapped a handful of traditional pages this year. I just don't have time enough for scrapping anymore. Kids, working out, keeping the house kinda tidy, working full time and feeling really drained is too much it seems. I need some time off without kids so I can just sit and scrap for hours and hours. Instead of procrastinating on the interwebs, taking on yet another porject or sleeping. But, we'll all make it in the end I suppose.
And if you can get it to work for you, that's great! I hope I can get there too
Old 12-14-2016, 02:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I do a lot of pages of both traditional regular pages and then my pocket album. Granted I am still catching up and was working on 2015. I did just do monthly spreads. Some of them had a few pages, some just had 1 two page spread. You can see them on my pinterest. I did use minimal embellishments. doing it this way I was still able to do about 200 regular pages for the year and finish my entire 2015 in this clean pocket style.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Somebody help me decide because templates need to be purchased and a plan needs made. I just start to get a little twitchy when I think about simple and no embellishments. I tell myself I'll use all those pretty SSD products on all the traditional pages I'll have time to make if I simplify PL.
Truly simple makes me feel a little twitchy, too! I ended up going for a middle ground this year. I start with a simple page and finish all the photos and cards. Then I add stitching, a small cluster on my date card, and a handful of other embellishments. I keep a folder on my computer of my go-to embellishments: flowers in an assortment of colors, word art and stamps that are perfect for PL, snowflakes and other seasonal symbols, scatter, bows, etc. It's a big enough folder that I don't feel like I'm using the same things over and over, but I keep it small enough that I can find the right embellishments quickly.

My original plan was to limit the time I'm allowed to spend embellishing (ie, 15 minutes a page), but I didn't like the pages I was making. I switched to limiting my number of embellishments instead of my time, and that's working better. It's not a perfect system and it still isn't as streamlined as I want it to be, but limiting what I add has helped a lot. My pages also have a lot fewer layers than they used to. Each section of the pocket page gets a photo or a card. I used to do a lot more with layering papers, using photos and papers in the same slot, etc.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:05 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I'm up to date, but I didn't manage to stick to my two-page-spread-system in 2016... I did A LOT more pages, some weeks have ten pages or so. I don't really like that, because it makes the finished Album extremely bulky. For 2017, I want to do TWO PAGEs a week- and not more, strictly this time! To do something with all the photos that don't fit into my PL, I started a "traditional" family album in which I put all the special occasions that have so, so many pictures... that works well so far, although I'm not quite as up to date with this album.
I also want to have a more consistent look for the new year, because I use to stray from the path on occasion... not good, although the most important thing for me is that I actually finish the year.
I already have an album for my 2017 PL, I'm doing my pages weekly on Mondays, so I'm looking very forward to continuing.
Old 12-22-2016, 02:04 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I would say if you are missing doing your traditional pages go to the PL for once a month and then you have more time. You can always put in a traditional layout between your PL months for special events. Like Birthdays/Holidays I'm a firm believer in this is a craft we have all started because we love doing it! Don't make it into a 'job' and then it takes all the fun out of it. Mix it up and do your own thing!
Good Luck in deciding what you are going to do!
Old 12-22-2016, 08:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokee View Post
I would say if you are missing doing your traditional pages go to the PL for once a month and then you have more time. You can always put in a traditional layout between your PL months for special events. Like Birthdays/Holidays I'm a firm believer in this is a craft we have all started because we love doing it! Don't make it into a 'job' and then it takes all the fun out of it. Mix it up and do your own thing!
Good Luck in deciding what you are going to do!
I think I will probably take your advice!
Old 12-23-2016, 12:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Honestly all I know is it will be monthly....apart from that not sure. Really need to get taking more photos but I lead such a simple boring life at the moment with 5 out of 7 days on my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 01-20-2017, 11:34 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I am doing PL for 2017 Will we have a forum thread for it or is this it?? :-)