Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2012, 03:23 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default nook owners????

Have you had issues with your nook cords. My original cord just stopped working so I bought a replacement at Staples and now the little thing you plug into the nook on the cord broke off. I am so pissed
Old 05-02-2012, 06:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've only had mine since Christmas, but I haven't had any problems with it. How long ago did you get the replacement cord... do you think they'd replace it for you?
Old 05-02-2012, 06:32 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Mine bent like that but we have tons of cords around here the same size. It's a pretty standard one so I wouldn't fool with getting a Nook one again. I just always use the ones for our phones.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You HAVE to use a Nook cord. HAVE. You can't replace it with a generic cord. Well, I say HAVE, but in order for it to charge properly, transfer files properly, etc. you need to be using the Nook cord. They added some weird little connector thingies to make it like that. It's a royal PITA.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:38 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverendingJen View Post
You HAVE to use a Nook cord. HAVE. You can't replace it with a generic cord. Well, I say HAVE, but in order for it to charge properly, transfer files properly, etc. you need to be using the Nook cord. They added some weird little connector thingies to make it like that. It's a royal PITA.
Does that depend on the model? I don't have the Nook Color, just the older 3g one and I haven't used a Nook cord in well over 6 months. Mine works fine without it.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryliesmom View Post
Does that depend on the model? I don't have the Nook Color, just the older 3g one and I haven't used a Nook cord in well over 6 months. Mine works fine without it.
I'm not sure, I work exclusively with the Color and Tablet, and I know it applies for those. The big thing is IF you let the battery die all the way, the Nook Cable gets it charging a lot faster than a regular cable(which is still insanely slow).
Old 05-02-2012, 08:30 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I had issues with mine about a month after I bought my Nook Color and I took it into the store and they replaced it for free.

Now the connector in my replacement cord got bent so the connection is finicky, but it still works as long as I leave it alone while it charges. If I try to use it while charging, every time you move it disconnects.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine broke at the plug. I took it back to the store and they gave me a new one for free.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Depending on when you bought your Nook you may be able to get a free replacement. Mine bent and I would have to manipulate it to work...then I lost my Nook I bought another one and asked the salesperson about the cord because I didn't want to have to go thru that again...she said they were replacing the older cords because there were so many problems associated with them.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

the one I bought at staples is a nook cord. It says nook on hte package and has a little green n on the plug thing when you are charging it. It is identical to the cord that came with my nook in everyway. I know I bought it at Staples but they sell nooks and nook accessories and I specifically asked if it was made for hte nook. He told me that the cords break ALOT. So I am really unhappy about that. It was a christmas present but I bought the replacement just a few weeks ago,
Old 05-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you have a B&N store near you? Since you've only had it since Christmas, it would still be under warranty and they should give you a new cord. Or check online. It's a known problem.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I emailed them this morning. I do have a B&N but I loathe going there.