Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2017, 03:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default I know I kinda over-share, BUT...

In the same 2 days I got my first job since moving to Co and broke up with my bf/fiancee. Kinda a whirlwind of a month in addition to those things. Can never quite discern if I irritate the majority here by sharing this stuff or if you all understand that I need to have a place to share but... lots of stuff going on for me and I just want to spill it. Also explains all the up and down, bipolar type scrapbook pages you see from me in the gallery, lol!

This would be a great time for any of you to share your personal drama and have a listening ear (hint hint).

(((hugs))) and appreciate you all!
Old 05-22-2017, 05:24 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Congrats on the job, Val!
Old 05-22-2017, 08:57 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

First, I don't think you annoy anyone here. We are here if you need us.
How have things been since you broke up?

My drama involves one of my little brothers. He is 32 years old. His father took his own life when my brother was a teenager and he has kind of spiraled since then. Drinking, drugs, etc. He had been doing pretty well these last few years. He got married, has a pretty good job at Walmart as a department manager, they bought a house and cars...we were all finally able to breathe a bit. Well, he split from his wife and started hanging out with people from work. He got drunk one night back in February and was involved in an auto accident. He t-boned a young adult in another vehicle. Thank God that boy is ok. My brother is an idiot. He had his first court hearing on Friday and the judge postponed his case until July. Pretty sure they are charging him with three felony charges. I hope he does go to jail. He deserves to. And now he's driving to work on a suspended license because he works in another town about 45 minutes away so it's not like he can take a bus. He had been without his license for years because of another DUI where he crashed into a tree. The police that arrived at that accident said he should have been dead. He got off pretty easy on that one because they thought the accident alone would wake him up. Nope.

Anywho...there's my drama. I know it's going to break my mom's heart if he goes to jail. I mean, what parent wants that?

Old 05-22-2017, 10:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Val congrats on the new job and sounds like a new start to life!!

Carrie, so sorry your family has to go through this. I have a former BIL who I am surprised is still alive and not in jail for all he has done, has a horseshoe up his butt.

My drama is I booked and paid for my dream trip to Ireland (can't cancel) BUT my taxes were nowhere near what they were last year and the 3 week summer camp I worked last year did not get funding. I don't get paid for the summer so I am stressed about making it through once the school year ends. I will somehow squeak through but am stressed. Child support would help but that's a whole other issue.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
First, I don't think you annoy anyone here. We are here if you need us.
How have things been since you broke up?

My drama involves one of my little brothers. He is 32 years old. His father took his own life when my brother was a teenager and he has kind of spiraled since then. Drinking, drugs, etc. He had been doing pretty well these last few years. He got married, has a pretty good job at Walmart as a department manager, they bought a house and cars...we were all finally able to breathe a bit. Well, he split from his wife and started hanging out with people from work. He got drunk one night back in February and was involved in an auto accident. He t-boned a young adult in another vehicle. Thank God that boy is ok. My brother is an idiot. He had his first court hearing on Friday and the judge postponed his case until July. Pretty sure they are charging him with three felony charges. I hope he does go to jail. He deserves to. And now he's driving to work on a suspended license because he works in another town about 45 minutes away so it's not like he can take a bus. He had been without his license for years because of another DUI where he crashed into a tree. The police that arrived at that accident said he should have been dead. He got off pretty easy on that one because they thought the accident alone would wake him up. Nope.

Anywho...there's my drama. I know it's going to break my mom's heart if he goes to jail. I mean, what parent wants that?
OMG that would be so emotionally draining. Because you love your brother and want to see him do well in life... but he's being stupid! So glad that other boy is ok too, that would've added a WHOLE other layer to this mess.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
Val congrats on the new job and sounds like a new start to life!!

Carrie, so sorry your family has to go through this. I have a former BIL who I am surprised is still alive and not in jail for all he has done, has a horseshoe up his butt.

My drama is I booked and paid for my dream trip to Ireland (can't cancel) BUT my taxes were nowhere near what they were last year and the 3 week summer camp I worked last year did not get funding. I don't get paid for the summer so I am stressed about making it through once the school year ends. I will somehow squeak through but am stressed. Child support would help but that's a whole other issue.
Eww. I have money problems right now too, obviously. My ex provided me with plenty of income, and it's quite an adjustment learning to thrive on part time jobs and spousal support. I literally have gas money ONLY for the next week and a half. I miss money!

Your trip sounds awesome, but will you be able to go? Or will it just be a tight trip spending wise?
Old 05-22-2017, 11:18 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
Oh man! That has got to be scary! I remember having my summers off and not getting paid. Those are some tough times.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:26 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
Eww. I have money problems right now too, obviously. My ex provided me with plenty of income, and it's quite an adjustment learning to thrive on part time jobs and spousal support. I literally have gas money ONLY for the next week and a half. I miss money!

Your trip sounds awesome, but will you be able to go? Or will it just be a tight trip spending wise?
Oh I am going, had the foresight to start purchasing Euros early and then lapsed. Not looking to buy stuff when I go, just need money for food, gas and some entrance fees to places I want to see. Went to buy a little bit more the other day but our dollar is in the crapper right now so will wait a little and see if it improves. Just means things will be a little tight this summer but I will make it.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:27 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh man! That has got to be scary! I remember having my summers off and not getting paid. Those are some tough times.
I would put my income tax away and the summer camp got me through fine for the rest of the summer. Just means pulling up the boot straps this summer, but I will be fine.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hugs Val we all need someone to vent to and the ladies here are great for that. I recently lost my mother to cancer it was just a matter of a few weeks and she was gone. I've been struggling with her loss greatly, I feel like I have had no time to grieve as the in-laws returned from Florida shortly after she passed and family drama ran rampid along with. I've had my losing it moments (running through the house screaming yanking on my hair like I'm crazy etc) I'm not going to lie I'm still struggling as each day passes, some days I still want to scream and others I breeze though. I can't yet figure out what it is I need to level out. Most days I just want to run scream and cry I've never been this low even after my dads passing, I'm not sure if this is normal or I need some help at this point. Life unfortunately doesn't come with a how to cope manual.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasspace View Post
Hugs Val we all need someone to vent to and the ladies here are great for that. I recently lost my mother to cancer it was just a matter of a few weeks and she was gone. I've been struggling with her loss greatly, I feel like I have had no time to grieve as the in-laws returned from Florida shortly after she passed and family drama ran rampid along with. I've had my losing it moments (running through the house screaming yanking on my hair like I'm crazy etc) I'm not going to lie I'm still struggling as each day passes, some days I still want to scream and others I breeze though. I can't yet figure out what it is I need to level out. Most days I just want to run scream and cry I've never been this low even after my dads passing, I'm not sure if this is normal or I need some help at this point. Life unfortunately doesn't come with a how to cope manual.
Aww! Baby girl! My adopted son's grandmother passed quickly like that, so I have an idea of what you mean. She thought she had a lingering cold, went to the dr, found out she had lung cancer (never smoked a day in her life) and was gone in about a month. There wasn't time to process what was even happening and then she died. I'm SO sorry (((hugs))) Do you have siblings?
Old 05-22-2017, 02:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes 9 of 10 are still surviving but honestly I had to cut myself out of group text for a while they were making me worse
Old 05-22-2017, 03:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Wait you are in CO? Are you up by your sister--are you local to me?

Congratulations on your job. I'm so sorry I missed a lot of what had happened. We had a family emergency which was terrible and we are still healing through. But it's kept me from being online and in the know about things. I'm sorry about everything that has been happening and hope your new life in Co brings you healing, peace and a new you! If you need anything, and if we are local, give me a shout!!
Old 05-22-2017, 03:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasspace View Post
Yes 9 of 10 are still surviving but honestly I had to cut myself out of group text for a while they were making me worse
Good for you! At least you are aware of that affecting you.
My grandfather passed away in 2012. It broke all of us...especially my mom and grandmother. My mom still has a very difficult time walking into my grandparent's house. His recliner is the first thing you see and it kills her. I don't think there is a guidebook to grieving. We all do it in our own way, our own time. Give yourself the time you need. It doesn't help that she declined so quickly that you really didn't even have time to grasp that she was sick let alone dying. Don't be hard on yourself. Yell if you need to yell. That could be good for you. ((HUGS))

Old 05-22-2017, 04:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Wait you are in CO? Are you up by your sister--are you local to me?

Congratulations on your job. I'm so sorry I missed a lot of what had happened. We had a family emergency which was terrible and we are still healing through. But it's kept me from being online and in the know about things. I'm sorry about everything that has been happening and hope your new life in Co brings you healing, peace and a new you! If you need anything, and if we are local, give me a shout!!
Actually my sister and I had a falling out last fall and aren't talking So I'm living with my brother on the north end of C.S. as I moved out of my fiance's home a couple weeks ago. Have a line on an apartment in June.
Old 05-22-2017, 08:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Lots going on for all of you--hang in there and keep doing the things that get you through. This is a great place to share and look for support.

We're in a good period mostly, but I'm becoming increasingly worried about my 11 year old's future. He's on the autism spectrum and has other special needs due to a genetic disorder (Smith-Magenis Syndrome). He's in that very gray area where he's too high functioning to not work and live in a group home but will have a lot of trouble getting and keeping a job. He'll need a lot of support to live independently, too. It's been on my mind a lot lately because crazy as it sounds, this is when we need to start getting things set up for him to qualify for future services. (There are long waiting lists, etc.) I feel like there's so much more we need to be doing with him to get him ready, but there are only so many hours in a day. Between school for him, work for me & DH, all the daily necessities like cooking and doing laundry, our other 2 kids, homework, and giving him some time to just be a kid, there's never enough time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2017, 09:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Actually my sister and I had a falling out last fall and aren't talking So I'm living with my brother on the north end of C.S. as I moved out of my fiance's home a couple weeks ago. Have a line on an apartment in June.
I'm in the South side, near Carson. If you want to get together, come over for lunch or something, let me know. I'm going to message you my cell phone number so you can text if you are ever over here or just want to talk, get out the house, anything! <3

I'm sorry you two had a falling out. I really hope you can mend the hurt and set aside your differences.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't have any personal drama I can share online in a public forum but I do understand what it's like to start over and how scary & exciting it can be. I hope you're able to get that apartment so you can really be out on your own & then you'll learn just how strong & powerful & amazing you can be as a single woman.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

No judgement here Val, I love to read everything. Congrats on your new job. Hugs to all!
Old 05-23-2017, 10:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't think you over-share. I think people online often give an edited "shiny" version of themselves, so it's nice that we can be real on this website. Plus, its online so people don't have to read it!

No real drama here lately, just the usual day-to-day stuff of school & work challenges, minor medical worries, house repairs, dogs pooping on the rugs. You know, life.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

One of our ducklings flew the coop this morning. You should have seen my son and I trying to wrangle it back in. I kept looking to see if I was on candid camera. Haha!

Old 05-23-2017, 05:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
One of our ducklings flew the coop this morning. You should have seen my son and I trying to wrangle it back in. I kept looking to see if I was on candid camera. Haha!
I have LOVED seeing your little babies on IG
Old 05-23-2017, 06:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I have LOVED seeing your little babies on IG
Awwww...yay! I need to post some updated photos of them. Maybe a video of them quacking. They are noisy little things.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Awwww...yay! I need to post some updated photos of them. Maybe a video of them quacking. They are noisy little things.
quacking video! yes please!
Old 05-23-2017, 06:30 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We are still dealing with the death of my oldest grandson. David was autistic and also had some other medical problems (birth parents that didn't take care of him). My son/daughter-in-law still have so many issues with his death but it does help that they have the other 5 kids to keep their minds busy. It was really difficult on Easter and I am sure that May has been difficult for them (Mother's Day and his birthday). I know God has his reasons but I always struggle with a death when it is a child.

Now I am getting ready for vacation and my work has been crazy -- I love vacations but I hate the getting work ready before and then what I have to come back to when vacation is over.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:32 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjr@fuse.net View Post
We are still dealing with the death of my oldest grandson. David was autistic and also had some other medical problems (birth parents that didn't take care of him). My son/daughter-in-law still have so many issues with his death but it does help that they have the other 5 kids to keep their minds busy. It was really difficult on Easter and I am sure that May has been difficult for them (Mother's Day and his birthday). I know God has his reasons but I always struggle with a death when it is a child.

Now I am getting ready for vacation and my work has been crazy -- I love vacations but I hate the getting work ready before and then what I have to come back to when vacation is over.
Debbie, I am so sorry for the loss of your grandson.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Goodness, Debbie...I'm so very sorry to hear about your grandson. That is so heartbreaking.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry about your grandson, Debbie! What a terrible thing for your family to go through.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk