Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2017, 03:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default What are your favorite clothing stores?

As I'm getting older, I find I'm cutting back on where I shop for clothes. Since I work in an office and have to dress professionally, I buy most of my stuff at Loft and Banana Republic. For casual, I tend to buy jeans at American Eagle, work-out gear at Target (with a very occasional splurge at Lululemon). Plus, I pick up random stuff at Kohls.

I keep hearing that retailers are losing business as more people buy online. I hardly ever buy clothes online because I like to try them on and hate paying for shipping.

Where are you shopping these days?
Old 05-22-2017, 04:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Maurice's!!!!! 90% of my wardrobe comes from that store. I love the style, they stay trendy but classic and their clothes fit real women with curves. Just love that store. One of the first things I looked up when I decided to move was where the nearest Maurice's was, lol!
Old 05-22-2017, 04:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
Maurice's!!!!! 90% of my wardrobe comes from that store. I love the style, they stay trendy but classic and their clothes fit real women with curves. Just love that store. One of the first things I looked up when I decided to move was where the nearest Maurice's was, lol!
I've never heard of Maurice's so I was thinking they must not have them here in AZ, but they do! I will have to check it out -- their stuff looks really cute!
Old 05-22-2017, 05:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love Maurice's!!

I tend to shop at NY&Co for work stuff....sometimes Old Navy and Target.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post
I keep hearing that retailers are losing business as more people buy online. I hardly ever buy clothes online because I like to try them on and hate paying for shipping
DH and I were just talking about that after a very frustrating trip to the mall. We went to get my 8 year old sneakers and a few summer clothes. But her feet are slightly wide, and none of the shoe stores carry wides since Stride Rite closed. The girls' clothes they carry never seem to be shaped right for her, and in some styles she needs plus sizes that they don't carry in the stores. So we left empty-handed and came home and ordered online. I'd much rather buy locally so she could try things on, but the selection in stores keeps forcing us online.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2017, 11:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm all over the map, lol. In no particular order ...
  • Anthropologie
  • Macy's
  • Old Navy
  • Loft
  • Tory Burch
  • Nordstrom
  • Nordstrom Rack
Old 05-23-2017, 01:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I haven't bought clothes in such a long time that I will list the stores I'd like to buy them from instead.

Agnes & Dora (all those floral shirts & dresses -- )
Maurice's
Rue 21
Torrid
Modcloth
Angel Heart Boutique
Etsy, Jane, Zulily & other specialty/unique online boutiques like that

I am ALWAYS on the lookout for boho chic (floral, lace, tribal, flowy, romantic) plus-size clothing so if y'all have any stores for that type of look, drop some links in here for me.

I buy everyday necessity clothing from Target, Old Navy, Walmart, Meijer, Kohl's, and Penney's.

Last edited by LeeAndra; 05-23-2017 at 01:24 AM.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I am ALWAYS on the lookout for boho chic (floral, lace, tribal, flowy, romantic) plus-size clothing
I love this look but I find it hard to pull off. I feel like other people look cute and I just look sloppy. I really love to look at the Modcloth stuff -- so cute! And another vote for Maurice's -- I really have to check that place out!
Old 05-23-2017, 11:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a jeans freak. I have 30 pair in my current size, and my favorite place to get them is American Eagle's clearance rack. Granted, they don't always fit the same way, but that's probably why they were on clearance. lol I've noticed that they have high quality belt loops--I've never had any break even with all the tugging and pulling I do to get into them. And the color doesn't rub off on my light colored couch like the jeans from Old Navy did. Other than that, it's cheap shirts from Walmart or Dress Barn for nicer shirts.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I would love to buy more if only they made cute clothes in plus sizes.

Right now I hit up CJ Banks for pants (plus size in tall pants - that is the other problem I guess plus size people are short?); Pennys and Kohls.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

There's not many places I can buy clothes, being plus sized and in Canada. There's like 3 stores, so I frequent all of them, but love when I can get to Lane Bryant in the US. I dislike buying it online too

Old 05-23-2017, 10:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Most of my clothes come from Ann Taylor, Loft and Anthropologie. Ann Taylor for work and Loft/Anthropologie for casual.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I only shop online... and pretty much only from old navy (I know how their clothes fit on me so it's pretty easy to just select something online ad know that it will fit ok). The only store we have in this area (without having to drive 2 to 3 hours) is walmart, and I am not a fan of their clothes.... plus since it's a really small store their selection of 5 different things does not appeal to me. I do a lot of thrift store shopping though... there is a local thrift chain that is pretty much everyones go to, and it is a great place to find quality brand name clothing on the cheap (and also where I find a lot of ON stuff LOL).
Old 05-24-2017, 11:28 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Looking through my closet I will say Old Navy and Kohls. I live close to the border so shopping at Kohls is very accessible, however the exchange rate is killing me right now. I have had very good luck with Kohls and like Jenn mentioned I can also shop Old Navy online if I want to and have the pants fit. Old Navy is also only a 20 minute drive for me.