Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Sweet Shoppe Challenges > Challenge Archives

Old 12-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm
Default January 2012: Scrapper's Portfolio & Tracker

Alrighty girls!

An all-new year is here and we're soo excited to be kicking off our revamped challenge system here at SSD.

To participate in this month's challenges just visit our monthly challenge pinboard at pinterest to check out the incredible inspiration posted by our challenge team for you to create a portfolio from this month.

The first 8 days of each month will bring new challenges from each member of our team, so be sure to follow along to find out all of the options available to you to this month.

While you don't need a Pinterest account to view our pinboard and participate in our monthly challenges, Darcy Baldwin would be more than happy to get you a Pinterest invite if you email her!

As usual, you'll be using this thread to claim a spot to track your own progress and points. Each pin at Pinterest will have not only visual inspiration for you, but also a verbal prompt and a point value too. Simply complete a layout for the pin and post it in your tracker thread as always to earn your points!

For January, all layouts and points need to be posted by 11:59pm EST at the end of the day on February 1st. If you're joining us for the first time this month, you can have a look at the amazing portfolio tracker threads from previous months to see how it's done, but here are the basics...

1) Post to claim your tracker spot for the month.
2) When you finish a layout for a challenge, upload it to the gallery and right click to get the image information for your layout.
3) Return to the tracker spot you claimed in this thread, and click edit to add the image of your layout to your portfolio. You'll want to add your layout in order of the numbers shown above each challenge at Pinterest and include that number and the points earned above your image.
4) At the very end of your portfolio, please keep a running tally of the total points earned to date.

PLEASE NOTE: Portfolio points may NOT be carried over into the following month as each month begins anew with a fresh set of inspiring challenges! Additionally, you may NOT use the same layout for more than one numbered task - each task requires a new layout. For more information, visit the Portfolio FAQ.

Please don't post chatter or comments in this thread as we'd like to keep it clean and easy to check at the end of the month. If you want to give praise to your favorite prompts or layouts, feel free to chatter as much as you like in our General Info & Chatter Forum. Thanks!!

That's it! Good luck and have fun

Robin & the challenge team!
Old 01-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

My spot!
Old 01-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

total points: 30

Jan 4: Hepburn quote 1 pt

Jan 5: Purlbee circles in layout 1 pt

Jan 7: Art Inspiration 1 pt

Jan 8: Picture Wall Ideas NR Check Yes or No 2 pts (flipped one of her designs)

Jan 11: Crossword/Scrabble 1 pt

Jan 22: Clothespin 1 pt

Jan 24: Favorite book from childhood 1 pt

Jan 25: Year in Review 2 pts

Jan 27: Page Maps NR Blue Jeans and Butterflies 2 pts

Jan 28: Song Lyrics 1 pt

Jan 29: Bokeh 2 pts

Jan 30: Layout inspired by room in your home 2 pts

Jan 31: Monotone page w/blocking 2 pts

Jan 34: Obliteration room 1 pt

Jan 39: Get your sparkle on NR Blue Jeans and Butterflies 2 pts

Jan 40: Scrap on the edge NR Blue Jeans and Butterflies 2 pts

Jan 41: Paper piecing 2 pts

SAL Extra Point: Laurie SAL 1 pt
original layout:

my layout:

Spin A Lift Bonus Challenge NatalieKW 1 pt
original layout:

my layout:

Last edited by pewtertm; 01-28-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total: 30 pts
NR: 5 pts (already included in the total above)

4 - Use this fun quote from Audrey Hepburn to inspire the title & theme of your next layout (or three). - 1 pt + 1 pt NR per layout
I was inspired by the "PINK" and the phrase "be strong."
New release: Halfpack 32 - I Heart You by Cindy Schneider, released 01/14; LO uploaded 01/13

Inspired by "I believe" 1 pt + 1 pt NRNR: At Last by KCB, released 01/28; uploaded 01/31

7 - Use this fun art piece to inspire a layout that uses either pops of color against black and white, hearts or blocking - or all of the above! - 1 pt + 1 pt NR
NR: Love You Out Loud by Libby Pritchett, released 01/14; uploaded 01/13

10 - Use this quote to think about a difficult time in your life that actually led to growth. Scrap a page about that time and make sure to dig deep and include journaling. - 2 pts

13 - Create a layout about something new that you want to learn in 2012. How are you going to go about learning it? - 1 pt

14 - Create a layout with journaling about how TV affects you life. Do you feel that you watch too much? Does it take over your life? Have you found a good balance? Could you live without it? - 2 pts

16 - Use all--or at least two--of the prompts listed here on a layout. - 1 pt

19 - Banish any winter blues by scrapping a layout with pops of bright color! - 1pt

23 - Use a variety of unique and ornate frames as the focus of your layout. 1pt

25 - Year in Review or A Look Ahead . Take a fresh look at the Year in Review layout, or, a layout of what your goals or your family's goals and hopes for the next year. 2 pts

27 - SSD is playing over at Page Maps this month! Check out their January Page maps to inspire a layout. - 1 pt

29 - Use this site to learn about bokeh, then use it on a page. - 2 pts

30 - Pick a room in your home as your inspiration. Are you inspired by the colors, the conversations that take place, the activity in that certain room? Be sure to tell us what you room you chose and why. - 2 pts
This page was inspired by the colors in my living room.

31 - Take inspiration from this creative photograph. Create a monotoned page blocking out features of your page similarly. 1pt

33 - Scrap a page about the person you want to create. 1pt + 1 pt NR
NR: Halfpack 33 by Cindy Schneider, released 01/21; uploaded 01/20

36 - Get creative with your journaling. Be inspired by this doodled art journal and bring focus to your journaling by adding doodles. 1pt

37 - Neutralize it! Create a title that mixes neutrals with bold pops of color. - 1 pt

38 - The New Year is all about a clean slate, new goals and positive thinking! Make your own mantra-inspired layout to keep you focused and inspired throughout the year. - 1 pt

41 - Use this image as inspiration for creating your own paper-pieced masterpiece. Be sure to get creative with your shapes and mix lots of patterns and colors. - 2 pts + 1 pt NR

Last edited by suladesign; 01-31-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

alright...gonna try to get some stuff done this month!

Total= 2 pts
NR= 1 pt

11 - Use alphas in a Scrabble-like way to create your title or journaling on a page. - 1 pt + 1 NR pt = 2 pts
(LO uploaded 1/6/12; kit released 1/7/12)

Last edited by AmberK; 01-07-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

woo-hoo! My spot!

1. travel mini book (10 points)

7. pops of color, block, and or hearts (1 point)

10. reflection (2 points)

19 - Banish any winter blues by scrapping a layout with pops of bright color! - (1 point)

25. Year in Review or A Look Ahead . Take a fresh look at the Year in Review layout, or, a layout of what your goals or your family's goals and hopes for the next year. (2 points)

26. Project Life/ P365/ P52 is just beginning. Create a layout documenting something about this month. (1 points + 1 NR point)

30. Pick a room in your home as your inspiration. I chose the bathroom. Lots of tubby water play! [b]2 points [b]

BONUS Spin-a-lift: (1 points + 1 NR point)
If you would like to earn an extra point for January’s 2012 portfolio challenge, go to Laurie’s gallery, choose your favorite layout, spin it, and scraplift it. You can spin it 90 degrees, 180 degrees, flip it, twist it, shrink it, or enlarge it! Be sure to add the little extras to “make it your own” and most of all……have fun! When you post in the portfolio thread be sure to link us up to the layout you lifted.

Lifted this one:

Here's my flip:

TOTAL POINTS: 22

Last edited by kristijoy; 01-15-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My spot

Total Points: 15
NR Bonus:

3 - Take inspiration from Elise Blaha's blog to create your own She & He layout. - 1 pt

14 - Create a layout with journaling about how TV affects you life. Do you feel that you watch too much? Does it take over your life? Have you found a good balance? Could you live without it? - 2 pts

15 - Add list-type journaling on top of a photo and create a layout around it. - 1 pt

19 - Banish any winter blues by scrapping a layout with pops of bright color! - 1pt

27. SSD is playing over at Page Maps this month! Check out their January Page maps to inspire a layout. - 1 pt.

25. Year in Review or A Look Ahead . Take a fresh look at the Year in Review layout, or, a layout of what your goals or your family's goals and hopes for the next year. 2 pts

38 - The New Year is all about a clean slate, new goals and positive thinking! Make your own mantra-inspired layout to keep you focused and inspired throughout the year. - 1 pt

39 - Get your sparkle on - add a touch of sparkle and bling to your layout. - 1 pt + 1 NR bonus point (Me Heart be Yers - 1/21 Uploaded 1/27)

40 - Live on the edge! Scrap a page using only the edges of your canvas. - 1pt

41 - Use this image as inspiration for creating your own paper-pieced masterpiece. Be sure to get creative with your shapes and mix lots of patterns and colors. - 2 pts + 1 NR Bonus (Boy Crazy 1/21 uploaded 1/27)

Last edited by brooke22; 01-27-2012 at 06:21 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Old 01-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

me
total:31
NR:5
Hybrid:1

#4 {1 pt + 1 NR pt} NR: Dani Mogstad: Snap Happy released 1/2 LO posted 1/3

#4- 1 pt

#5 {1 pt +1 hybrid pt}

#7 - 1 pt + 1 NR pt} NR: Darcy Baldwin: Almost Perfect releases 01/01, LO posted 01/03

#8 1 pt

#10- 2 pts

#14 - {2 pts + 1 NR pt} NR: Darcy Baldwin: Almost Perfect releases 01/01, LO posted 01/04

15 - Add list-type journaling on top of a photo and create a layout around it. - 1 pt

#16 1 pt + 1 NR pt} NR: Darcy Baldwin and Shawna Clingerman: Fizza Wizza Wowza released 01/07/12, LO posted 01/06 in sneak peek thread~

#19 - Banish any winter blues by scrapping a layout with pops of bright color! - 1 pt + 1 NR pt: NR Meg Mullens: BlueJeans and Butterflies released 01/14, LO posted 01/13

#22. {1 pt}

#25 Year In Review 2 pts

29. Use this site to learn about bokeh, then use it on a page. - 2 pts

#30 I was inspired by my scraproom I scrap in there and it makes me happy so what better thing to do than scrap 2 pts

#35-2 pts

#39 sparkle 1 pt

#40 on the edge 1 pt

#41 - Use this image as inspiration for creating your own paper-pieced masterpiece 2 pts

Last edited by nun69; 01-28-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Total Points: 30
5/5 NR points used

3 - Take inspiration from Elise Blaha's blog to create your own She & He layout. - 1 primary point

4 - Use this fun quote from Audrey Hepburn to inspire the title & theme of your next layout (or three). - 1 primary point

5 - Use the inspiration at Purlbee.com to play with circles in your layout - use different sizes and cut out different patterns. Have fun. - 1 primary point

7- Use this fun art piece to inspire a layout that uses either pops of color against black and white, hearts or blocking - or all of the above! - 1 primary point

8- Use one of the Picture Wall ideas from Brenda Knight's website as a sketch to create a layout. - 1 primary point and 1 NR point for Meg/Traci's Ruffled Feathers, uploaded 1/2

13 - Create a layout about something new that you want to learn in 2012. How are you going to go about learning it? - 1 primary point and 1 NR point for Shawna's I Can, uploaded 1/7

14 - Create a layout with journaling about how TV affects you life. Do you feel that you watch too much? Does it take over your life? Have you found a good balance? Could you live without it? - 2 primary points

15 - Add list-type journaling on top of a photo and create a layout around it. - 1 primary point and 1 NR point for Meg's Blue Jeans Collection, uploaded 1/13

19 - Banish any winter blues by scrapping a layout with pops of bright color! - 1 primary point and 1 NR point for Eva's Isn't She Lovely, uploaded 1/8

24. Scrap about a favourite book from your childhood. What are the reasons? Did it impact how you grew up? Have you passed on your love for the book to your children or other people you love? 1 primary point

25. Year in Review or A Look Ahead . Take a fresh look at the Year in Review layout, or, a layout of what your goals or your family's goals and hopes for the next year. - 2 primary points

27. SSD is playing over at Page Maps this month! Check out their January Page maps to inspire a layout. - 1 primary point

28. Create a layout with the words to a song as the focus. - 1 primary point and 1 NR point for Heather's My Only Sunshine, uploaded 1/8

29. Use this site to learn about bokeh, then use it on a page. - 2 primary points

30. Pick a room in your home as your inspiration. Are you inspired by the colors, the conversations that take place, the activity in that certain room? Be sure to tell us what you room you chose and why. - 2 primary points
I chose the kids bedroom - the colors of J's bedding are the same main colors as my layout

31. Take inspiration from this creative photograph. Create a monotoned page blocking out features of your page similarly. - 1 primary point

37 - Neutralize it! Create a title that mixes neutrals with bold pops of color. - 1 primary point

38 - The New Year is all about a clean slate, new goals and positive thinking! Make your own mantra-inspired layout to keep you focused and inspired throughout the year. - 1 primary point

40 - Live on the edge! Scrap a page using only the edges of your canvas. - 1 primary point

41 - Use this image as inspiration for creating your own paper-pieced masterpiece. Be sure to get creative with your shapes and mix lots of patterns and colors. - 2 primary points

5/5 NR points used

Last edited by kscwgirl; 01-30-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My Spot!!!

Total: 3 points+1NR Point=4 points

8- Use the photo wall layout as a sketch for a layout.

19- Banish Winter Blues by adding pops of color +1 NR point (The Little Things You Say by Lauren Grier... released 1/1, uploaded 1/6)

31- Create a monotone page blocking out features of your page similarly.
I went with the reds on this one.

New Siggy Coming Soon

Last edited by Jengerbread88; 01-07-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

my spot!

5 - Use the inspiration at Purlbee.com to play with circles in your layout - use different sizes and cut out different patterns. Have fun. - 1 pt

Bonus Spin a Lift Challenge Jan 7 - I lifted this layout Abundant Blessings 1 pt + 1 NR pt (KCB and Jenn Barrette Note To Self posted 01*13*2012) = 2 pts
and here is mine:

************************************************** ************************************************** **
1 Challenge Points
1 New Release Points
Hybrid Points
1 Bonus Points

Total Points: 3

Last edited by LoriJ; 01-13-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Mine!

4 - Use this fun quote from Audrey Hepburn to inspire the title & theme of your next layout (or three). - 1 pt per layout (2 LOs done) + 1 NR pt (Julie's paint wash, released 1/1, LO posted 1/7)

7. Use this fun art piece to inspire a layout that includes pops of color, hearts, or blocking. 1 pt

10. Use this quote to think about a difficult time in your life that led to growth. 2 pts

15-Add list-type journaling on top of a photo and create a LO around it. 1 pt

27. Check out the January Page Maps to inspire a LO. 1 pt + 1 hybrid pt
Inspired by Sketch B rotated 90 degrees

30-Pick a room in your house for inspiration. 2 pts + 1 NR pt (Shawna's I Heart Tabs, released 1/14, LO posted 1/21)
I was inspired by the color of our living room: dark blue walls, white furniture, and pops of green

37. Neutralize It! Create a title that mixes neutrals with bold pops of color. 1 pt

39. Get your sparkle on-add a touch of sparkle and bling to your LO. 1 pt + 1 NR pt. (Cindy's Half Pack 30, released 1/7, LO posted 1/13)

40-Live on the edge. Scrap a page using only the edges of your canvas. 1 pt + 1 NR pt (Melissa and Misty's Star Gazing. Released 1/21, page posted 1/22)

41-Use this image as inspiration for creating your own paper pieced masterpiece. 2 pts + 1 NR pt (Shawna's I Heart Tabs, released 1/14, LO posted 1/15)

Total: 20 pts
NR pts: 5
Hybrid pts: 1

Last edited by rach3975; 02-01-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:30 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 7

#30-Pick a room in your home as your inspiration. 2pts
(I walked into my bathroom and thought...where is my counter? LOL...so that inspired me to scrap this page.)

#33-Scrap a page about the person you want to create. 1pt

#38 - The New Year is all about a clean slate, new goals and positive thinking! Make your own mantra-inspired layout to keep you focused and inspired throughout the year. - 1 pt

#40 - Live on the edge! Scrap a page using only the edges of your canvas. - 1pt

#41 - Use this image as inspiration for creating your own paper-pieced masterpiece. Be sure to get creative with your shapes and mix lots of patterns and colors. - 2 pts

Last edited by KyRainbow; 01-11-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:33 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

total: 11

4 - Use this fun quote from Audrey Hepburn to inspire the title & theme of your next layout (or three). 1 pt

3 - Take inspiration from Elise Blaha's blog to create your own She & He layout. 1 pt

41 - Use this image as inspiration for creating your own paper-pieced masterpiece. Be sure to get creative with your shapes and mix lots of patterns and colors. - 2 pts + 1 pt NR (1/14 TR & SB Everyday Fairytale)

5 - Use the inspiration at Purlbee.com to play with circles in your layout - use different sizes and cut out different patterns. Have fun. - 1 pt + 1 pt NR (TR Mister Curiosity)

37 - Neutralize it! Create a title that mixes neutrals with bold pops of color. - 1 pt +1 pt NR (1/28 TR & CS Slip In Style Page Builders 1)

26. Project Life/ P365/ P52 is just beginning. Take inspiration from these projects and create a layout documenting something about this month. -1 pt + 1 pt NR (1/28 TR Slip Ins 5)

4/5 NR points

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her

Last edited by MommaTrish; 01-28-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:33 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My spot!
Old 01-01-2012, 12:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total Points -- 4
New Release Points Used -- 2

#4 - Use this fun quote from Audrey Hepburn to inspire the title & theme of your next layout (or three). - 1 pt per layout: I believe tomorrow is another day. 1 pt -- New Release (1/7/12) She's Got a Way by Krystal Hartley and Misty Cato - 1 pt

#5 - Use the inspiration at Purlbee.com to play with circles in your layout - use different sizes and cut out different patterns. Have fun. - 1 pt -- New Release (1/1/12) Twelve for 2012 by Meg Mullens - 1 pt

Last edited by isaacsmom; 01-07-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ok, new year ... let's see if I can start scrapping again
Total: 5 pts

#3 - 1 pt

#11 - 1 pt

#39 - 1pt

#41 - 2pts

Last edited by Amber1279; 01-23-2012 at 01:00 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

18 points

4 - 2pts NR Pipsqueak Font by Darcy

4 -1

5-1pt

7-2pts Dani's NR Snap Happy

8-1pt

11 - 1pt

12-1

16 -1pt

19 -2pts NR Boy Crazy by Dani

20 - 1pt

28. 2pts NR Slip In Slide Builders by Traci & Cindy

34 - 1pt

38 - 1 pt

40 - 1pt

Last edited by jaylensmom; 02-01-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

mine mine mine!

total points: 6

#4 - Quote from Audrey Hepburn, 1 pt

#4 - Quote from Audrey Hepburn, 1 pt + 1 NR pt = 2pts

#5, circles, 1 pt

#20, capture and scrap feet, 1pt

#28 song lyrics, 1 pt

Last edited by tanyiadeskins; 01-07-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

my spot!

5 - Use the inspiration at Purlbee.com to play with circles in your layout - use different sizes and cut out different patterns. Have fun. - 1 pt

11 - Use alphas in a Scrabble-like way to create your title or journaling on a page. - 1 pt

16 - Use all--or at least two--of the prompts listed here on a layout. - 1 pt

22. Get creative with clothespins! Use clothespins to hang a layout or journal card. Get creative! 1pt

26. Project Life/ P365/ P52 is just beginning. Take inspiration from these projects and create a layout documenting something about this month. -1 pt. + 1 NR Point (NR: Forever More by Julie Billingsley)

40 - Live on the edge! Scrap a page using only the edges of your canvas. - 1pt

Spin A Lift Bonus Challenge - 1 Point

TOTAL POINTS: 12

Last edited by mkcdaisy; 01-27-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

#4 I believe Inspiration- 1pt

#5- Circle Inspiration- 1pt

#8- Picture Wall Ideas - 1pt + 1pt NR (1/1/12)

#20- Shoe Inspiration- 1pt + 1pt NR (1/1/12)

Total- 6pts

Last edited by Milmomma; 01-04-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:55 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

me here (hopefully!)
Old 01-01-2012, 01:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

RUNNING TOTAL: 14pts
5 of 5 NR points used
0 Hybrid points used

#4 - Use quote from Audrey Hepburn to inspire - 1pt + NR Bonus 1pt
(used Note To Self, KCB & Jen, released 1.7.12)
Total: 2pts

#6 - Take 10 photos in one day (one per hour) and scrap about it - 1pt
+ NR Bonus 1pt (used DJB - Gonna Share My Story, Darcy Baldwin, 1.21.12)

#7 - Inspiration from the art piece provided (I chose the blocked style) - 1pt
+ NR Bonus 1pt (used Eat Cake, Kristin & Krystal, 1.21.12)

#10 - Use a hard time and journal about growing from it. 2pts + NR Bonus 1pt
(used At Last, Kristin Cronin-Barrow, 1.28.12)
Total: 3pts

#19 - Use bright colors on your layout - 1pt
Total: 1pts

#30 - Pick a room in your home as your inspiration - 2pts
*I used my living room - specifically my desk. I don't know if you can see it, but the photo
placements are from the shape of my desk and from where the cubbys/drawers/chair/etc are*

#40 - Scrap a page using only the edges of your canvas - 1pt + NR Bonus 1pt
(used Domesticated, Kristin Cronin-Barrow, released 1.14.12)

Last edited by Jen22; 02-01-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. Journal - 10 points

3. He Said She Said - 1 point

7. Blocking - 1 point

8 - Picture Wall - 1 pt + 1 point New Release
Paint Wash by Julie Billingsley released on 1/1/2012

11 - Use alphas in a Scrabble-like way to create your title or journaling on a page. - 1 pt + 1 point New Release

12. Common Object - 1 point + 1 point hybrid card
I pop dotted the "18" that I photographed using his Pokemon toys ... and printed card ...

13 - Create a layout about something new that you want to learn in 2012 - 1 pt + 1 point New Release

15 - Add list-type journaling on top of a photo and create a layout around it. - 1 pt + 1 point New Release

29. Bokeh - 2 points

30. Pick a room - 2 points + 1 point New Release

I chose my bedroom that is mainly shades of tan, a tiny bit of brown, some light pink ... it's my comfy room that makes me feel good AND feminine! I like my layout because it gives me the same kind of feeling with those colors ... and favorite foods.

41. Inspiration - Color blocking - 2 points

Spin A Lift on the blog January 26 - 1 point

Natlie's inspiration:
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...-trade&cat=500

Total Points = 30

Last edited by Sharon Kay; 02-02-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:13 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

TOTAL POINTS: 35 PTS

#1 10 PTS Handmade Journal to record things my boys say throughout the year

#3 1 PT + 1 NR PT Take inspiration from Elise Blaha's blog to create your own She & He layout
The Little Things You Say by Lauren Grier

#5 1 PT + 1 NR PT Use the inspiration at Purlbee.com to play with circles in your layout
Embrace the Everyday by Traci Reed

#7 1 PT + 1 NR PT Use this fun art piece to inspire a layout that uses either pops of color against black and white, hearts or blocking - or all of the above!
Twelve for 12 by Meg Mullens

#8 1 PT + 1 NR PT Use one of the Picture Wall ideas from Brenda Knight's website as a sketch to create a layout.
Snap Happy by Dani Mogstad

#10 2 PTS Use this quote to think about a difficult time in your life that actually led to growth.

#13 1 PT Create a layout about something new that you want to learn in 2012....I asked my boys and they want to learn how to swim without floaties!!!

#19 1 PT Banish any winter blues by scrapping a layout with pops of bright color

#20 1 PT Photograph feet and scrap about it

#25 2 PTS A Year in Review or a look ahead

#27 1 PT + 1 NR PT SSD is playing over at Page Maps this month! Check out their January Page maps to inspire a layout
My Only Sunshine by Heather Roselli and Machine Stitched by Traci Reed

#30 2 PTS I was inspired by my office...aka living room. These kit colors match the wall color and valances perfectly!!

#37 1 PT Neutralize it!! Create a title that mixes neutrals with bold pops of color

#40 1 PT Scrap on the edges of your canvas

#41 2 PTS + 1 Hybrid PT Paper Pieced Masterpiece

Blog Bonus #1 1 PT SAL of LibbysMommy

Total: 35

Last edited by kim21673; 01-14-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:28 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Jumping back in... here's my spot

#3 - She & He layout - 1/17/2012 (1 pt.)

#5 - Play with circles in your layout - 1/1/2012 (1 pt. + 1 pt. new release Twelve for 12 by Meg Mullens = 2 pts.)

#11 - Use alphas in a Scrabble-like way - 1/15/2012 (1 pt. + 1 pt. new release Domesticated by Kristin Cronin-Barrow = 2 pts.)

Total points = 5

Last edited by MichaelsMomJo; 01-17-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:39 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Grabbing my spot!
Old 01-01-2012, 01:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

New Release Points: 5 of 5

#1 - Use the inspiration at The Creative Place to create a handmade journal for weight loss, travel, or anything else that inspires you. Be sure to check out the journals category for lots more inspiration in addition to this how-to! - 10 pts plus 1 NR pt. using Shawna Clingerman's I Can and Sticky Little Alphabet released 1/7/12, uploaded 1/14/12

#4- Use this fun quote from Audrey Hepburn to inspire the title & theme of your next layout (or three). - 1pt

#5 - Use the inspiration at Purlbee.com to play with circles in your layout - use different sizes and cut out different patterns. Have fun. - 1 pt plus 1 NR pt. using Twelve for 12 by Meghan Mullens, released 1/1/12, uploaded 1/2/12

#10- Use this quote to think about a difficult time in your life that actually led to growth. Scrap a page about that time and make sure to dig deep and include journaling. - 2 pts + 1 NR point for Shawna Clingerman's This is Me, released 1/28, uploaded 1/29

#11 - Use alphas in a Scrabble-like way to create your title or journaling on a page. - 1 pt

#14 - Create a layout with journaling about how TV affects you life. Do you feel that you watch too much? Does it take over your life? Have you found a good balance? Could you live without it? - 2 pts

#15 - Add list-type journaling on top of a photo and create a layout around it. - 1 pt + 1 NR point using The Little Things You Say by Lauren Grier, relased 1/1/12, uploaded 1/2/12

#16 - Use all--or at least two--of the prompts listed here on a layout. - 1 pt

#26. Project Life/ P365/ P52 is just beginning. Take inspiration from these projects and create a layout documenting something about this month. -1 pt.

#34. The obliteration room is a massive interactive art exhibit. Create a layout inspired by this. Start with a totally white canvass and add tons of bits of colour. 1pt

#39 - Get your sparkle on - add a touch of sparkle and bling to your layout. - 1 pt

41 - Use this image as inspiration for creating your own paper-pieced masterpiece. Be sure to get creative with your shapes and mix lots of patterns and colors. - 2 pts +1 NR pt. using Libby Pritchett's Background Templates v.2, released 1/28, upoaded 1/29

Blog Bonus- Spin a Lift: LibbysMommy 1 pt.

Last edited by carriesmom; 01-29-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot - Back for the 1st time in over a year!!!!!!

My BLOG & Adventures In Wonderland

Old 01-01-2012, 02:56 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

My spot...
Old 01-01-2012, 03:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to haydensmommy217

Total Points: 5

11 - 1pt for challenge + 1 pt for NR Cindy Half Pack 29 1/7/2012 posted 1/8/2012

16- 1pt for challenge + 1 pt for NR Cindy Half Pack 29 released 1/7/2012 posted 1/7/2012

28. Create a layout with the words to a song as the focus.

Proudly Creating For:
Amanda Yi, Becca Bonneville, Digilicious Designs, Jady Day Studio, Lliella Designs, Meghan Mullens, and Miss Fish.
I have guested for Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Traci Reed, and Krystal Hartley.

♥♥Facebook♥♥Pinterest♥♥Gallery♥♥

Last edited by haydensmommy217; 01-08-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Skype™ to DeepGirl

My spot!

Old 01-01-2012, 05:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot!

Signature created using "To The Moon And Back" by Amanda Yi & Meghan Mullens
Old 01-01-2012, 07:09 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Total - 7 pts
Total NR pts - 2

5. Play with circles - 1 pt

15. Add list-type journaling on top of a photo - 1 pt

19. Pops of bright colors - 1 pt.

26. Take inspiration from P365/PL/P52 - 1 pt + 1 NR for Gonna Share My Story released 1/21 (layout posted 1/21) - 2 pts

40. Live on the edge - 1 pt.+ 1 NR for Isn't She Lovely released 1/7 (layout posted 1/8) - 2 pts

Last edited by ryliesmom; 01-27-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:45 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

10 pts. + 1 pt. NR (kit from Meg) 1 - Use the inspiration at The Creative Place to create a handmade journal for weight loss, travel, or anything else that inspires you. Be sure to check out the journals category for lots more inspiration in addition to this how-to!

1 pt. + 1 pt. NR (font from Darcy): #5 Use the inspiration at Purlbee.com to play with circles in your layout - use different sizes and cut out different patterns. Have fun

1 pt. 7 - Use this fun art piece to inspire a layout that uses either pops of color against black and white, hearts or blocking - or all of the above!

1 pt. 8 - Use one of the Picture Wall ideas from Brenda Knight's website as a sketch to create a layout.

1 pt + 1pt NR (template from Cindy) 15 - Add list-type journaling on top of a photo and create a layout around it.

1 pt. 16 - Use all--or at least two--of the prompts listed here on a layout.

1 pt. + 1 pt. for NR (template from Cindy) 19 - Banish any winter blues by scrapping a layout with pops of bright color!

1 pt. 20 - For a change in perspective, photograph feet and scrap about it. The more creatively shot, the better!

2 pts. 25. Year in Review or A Look Ahead . Take a fresh look at the Year in Review layout, or, a layout of what your goals or your family's goals and hopes for the next year

2 pts. 30. Pick a room in your home as your inspiration. Are you inspired by the colors, the conversations that take place, the activity in that certain room? Be sure to tell us what you room you chose and why.
I chose the kitchen because we are always in there either cooking or talking about our day!

1 pt. 40 - Live on the edge! Scrap a page using only the edges of your canvas.

2 pts. 41 - Use this image as inspiration for creating your own paper-pieced masterpiece. Be sure to get creative with your shapes and mix lots of patterns and colors.

1pt. + 1 pt. NR (font from Darcy - uploaded on 1/14) blog challenge: I spun this one from LibbysMommy:

and here's mine:

total: 30 pts.

Last edited by sigmakap95; 01-24-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 21

1 - Use the inspiration at The Creative Place to create a handmade journal for weight loss, travel, or anything else that inspires you. - 10 pts
10 pts + 1 NR pt = 11 pts ('Embrace the Everyday' and 'DJB Fresh Start' in shop 1/7; project uploaded 1/7)

1 pt + 1 NR pt = 2 pts ('DJB Fresh Start' in shop 1/1; layout uploaded 1/6)

25. Year in Review or A Look Ahead . Take a fresh look at the Year in Review layout, or, a layout of what your goals or your family's goals and hopes for the next year. 2 pts
2 pts + 1 NR pt = 3 pts ('This Year: January' in shop 1/7; layout uploaded 1/6)

1 pt + 1 NR pt + 1 hybrid point = 3 points ('Note to Self' in shop 1/7; layout uploaded 1/9)

39 - Get your sparkle on - add a touch of sparkle and bling to your layout. - 1 pt
1 pt + 1 NR pt = 2 pts ('Note to Self' in shop 1/7; layout uploaded 1/14)

Total points: 21
Base points: 15
NR points: 5
Hybrid points: 1

Last edited by KateD; 02-01-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Challenge #19 - Banish any winter blues by scrapping a layout with pops of bright color! - 1pt

Last edited by mariewilcox; 01-04-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

My spot

Total Pts: 14 pts

Challenge #5 - Use the inspiration at Purlbee.com to play with circles in your layout - use different sizes and cut out different patterns. Have fun. - 1 pt

Challenge #14
- Create a layout with journaling about how TV affects you life. Do you feel that you watch too much? Does it take over your life? Have you found a good balance? Could you live without it? - 2 pts

Challenge #16 - Use all--or at least two--of the prompts listed here on a layout. - 1 pt + NR 1 pt

Challenge #20
- For a change in perspective, photograph feet and scrap about it. The more creatively shot, the better! - 1 pt

Challenge #27. SSD is playing over at Page Maps this month! Check out their January Page maps to inspire a layout. - 1 pt. + NR 1 pt

Challenge #28. Create a layout with the words to a song as the focus. -1 pt.

Challenge #40 - Live on the edge! Scrap a page using only the edges of your canvas. 1 pt + NR 1pt

Challenge #41 - Use this image as inspiration for creating your own paper-pieced masterpiece. Be sure to get creative with your shapes and mix lots of patterns and colors. - 2 pts + NR 1pt

Last edited by hollyxann; 01-28-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think my spot is right here
#5: 1pt + 1 NR pt(Embracing the Everyday NR 1/1)

Total points: 2 pts
Total NR points: 1/5
Total hybrid bonus pts: 0/5

Last edited by NeverendingJen; 01-01-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

My Spot!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 23

Reg Points: 19
NR Points: 4/5

#1, Handmade Journal 10pt (sorry it isn't the greatest picture)

#3 He +She Layout Inspiration 1 pt

#4 Audrey Hepburn Quote 1 pt

#5, circles 1 pt + 1 pt NR Point for Forget Me Not kit by Misty Cato (1/1/12)

#7 Fun Art Inspiration 1 pt + 1 pt NR Point for Easy For You To Say (1/7/12)

#8 Picture Wall Ideas "Staircase" 1 pt

#10 Difficult Time 2 pt + 1 pt NR Half Pack 29 Template (1/7/12)

#27 Page Maps Inspired Layout 1 pt

#40 Live on the Edge 1 pt + 1 pt NR DJB Pipsqueek Script (1/14/12)

Last edited by shastahun; 01-26-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 2

4 - Audrey Quote - 1 pt + 1pt NR for The Little Things You Say by Lauren Grier released 1/1/12

Last edited by FireWolf; 01-05-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Reg Points: 25
NR Points: 5

#1...Journal (10 pts)

#4...Audrey Quote (1 pt + 1 NR pt for The Little Things You Say by Lauren Grier released 1/1/12)

#5...Circles (1 pt)

#7...Blocking (1 pt + 1 NR pt for Twelve for 12 Meg Mullens released 1/1/12)

#13...Something New (1 pt)

#14...TV (2 pts + 1 NR for Half Pack 29 by Cindy Schneider 1/8/12)

#19...Banish the Winter Blues (1 pt)

#24...Childhood Book (1 pt)

#27...Page Maps Lift (1 pt + 1 NR for Snap Happy by Dani Mogstad released 1/1/12)

#30...Pick a Room (2 pts)

#35..."These Days" Song Prompt (2 pts + 1 NR for Check Yes or No by Meghan Mullens released 1/21)

#41...Paper Piecing (2 pts)

Last edited by Lindsay; 01-24-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:08 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Sounds like too much fun not to try.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

its been AGES since i did this! lets see if i can keep up with it lol!

#7 blocking (1pt)

#16 - Use all--or at least two--of the prompts listed here on a layout

#20 scrap some feet! (1pt)

28. Create a layout with the words to a song as the focus. -(2 pt-New Release)

#40-Scrap a page using only the edges of your canvas. {1 pt}

Last edited by junebug; 01-14-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My spot!
Old 01-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

me
Old 01-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Total = 16 pts

Going to give it a shot this month...my spot.

Challenge #1 Create a handmade journal - 10 pts

Challenge #4 Quote "I believe in pink" (1pt)

Challenge #5 - Use the inspiration at Purlbee.com to play with circles in your layout - 1 pt

Challenge #7 Layout using blocking - 1 pt.

Challenge #8 Use one of the Picture Wall ideas from Brenda Knight's website as a sketch to create a layout. - 1 pt

Challenge #15 Add list type journaling on top of a photo (1pt)

Challenge #26 Project Life inspiration documenting something about this month (1 pt)

Total: 16 pts.

Last edited by dailydwellin; 02-01-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Me.

New Release= 5
Total= 30

4- Use this fun quote from Audrey Hepburn to inspire the title & theme of your next layout. (1 pt x 3 + 1 NR)

New release= Traci Reed's Embrace the Everyday- released Jan. 1, uploaded Jan. 5

5 - Use the inspiration at Purlbee.com to play with circles in your layout - use different sizes and cut out different patterns.

8 - Use one of the Picture Wall ideas from Brenda Knight's website as a sketch to create a layout. - 1 pt

18 - Do you ever get insane urges to do something crazy or wild? If you could do it, what would it be? Journal about it in a layout. - 1 pt

20 - For a change in perspective, photograph feet and scrap about it. The more creatively shot, the better! - 1 pt

23. Use a variety of unique and ornate frames as the focus of your layout. 1pt + 1 NR (DJB Pipsqueak Print released 1/14, uploaded 1/14)

26. Project Life/ P365/ P52 is just beginning. Take inspiration from these projects and create a layout documenting something about this month. -1 pt.

28. Create a layout with the words to a song as the focus. -1 pt.

29. Use this site to learn about bokeh, then use it on a page. - 2 pts.

30. Pick a room in your home as your inspiration. Are you inspired by the colors, the conversations that take place, the activity in that certain room? Be sure to tell us what you room you chose and why. - 2 its (The colors on the page match the colors in our dining room- where the Christmas tree is located and was also decorated in blue and brown.)

31. Take inspiration from this creative photograph. Create a monotoned page blocking out features of your page similarly. 1pt + 1 NR (DJB Pipsqueaks Script released 01/14, uploaded 01/14)

32. Breathe in the future. Breathe out the past. Create a layout inspired by this quote. 1pt

34. The obliteration room is a massive interactive art exhibit. Create a layout inspired by this. Start with a totally white canvass and add tons of bits of colour. 1pt

37 - Neutralize it! Create a title that mixes neutrals with bold pops of color. - 1 pt

39 - Get your sparkle on - add a touch of sparkle and bling to your layout. - 1 pt

40 - Live on the edge! Scrap a page using only the edges of your canvas. - 1pt + 1 NR (DJB Pipsqueak Print released 1/14, uploaded 1/14)

41 - Use this image as inspiration for creating your own paper-pieced masterpiece. Be sure to get creative with your shapes and mix lots of patterns and colors. - 2 its + 1 NR (2 Many Photo's 98- released 1/14, uploaded 1/14)

Last edited by marlathrall; 01-30-2012 at 09:21 PM.