Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Challenges - how are you doing?

I think that I am liking the new format for the challenges. I think I am 1 point away from getting 40%. YAY!! This will be the first time I have been able to do this.

How is everyone else doing?

Old 01-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have 26 points, so as soon as I log onto my blog tonight, I will have it. I have gotten the 40% though every month since last summer. I actually found it a bit harder to get it this time and think I will take a break from working so hard at it next month. Though I will probably see some kits I *need* and start doing it anyway. lol
Old 01-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

This is my second month doing the challenges. I just got done doing today's and so far every one this month has been completed. Working on a 100%.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've done all except the hybrid challenges...just not into hybrid...I haven't done the math but if you don't do the hybrid ones will you still be able to get 40%? Anyone know? I'm too lazy to figure it out lol

Old 01-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to iJenny

I'm one point away also. I think I like the new format for the most part. I just think there are a few kinks that maybe need to be worked out.
For example, the beginning of the month was filled with some "easy, quick" challenges that would have come in handy here at the end of the month rather than trying to cram LO challenges into the last few days of the month, ya know?

Other than that, I like it! I'm really liking the new fun little challenges like "Window Shopping" for example!

creating for
* 9th & Bloom * Jennifer Barrette Designs * Polly & Rufus Designs *

Old 01-29-2009, 11:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

I think I'm doing good.

I'm not into hybrid stuff, so I didn't do Day 3. I also didn't get the color challenge point because I FORGOT TO POST...arrrgh! But other than those 2 I should have all of them done.

LOL, not that I'll be able to spend any money anyway, but in the event a giant pterodactyl drops a giant sack of money in my front yard I'll be able to get some goodies at 40% off!
Old 01-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
I've done all except the hybrid challenges...just not into hybrid...I haven't done the math but if you don't do the hybrid ones will you still be able to get 40%? Anyone know? I'm too lazy to figure it out lol
You had to do 27+ to get 40% off and there were 2 hybrids so you should be fine if you did all the others.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
There was only 2 hybrid so if you do all but those you will have 29 points. You only need 27 for 40%.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think you can only miss like 3 or 4 to get 40. I understand this set up is much easier for everyone running it, but I think it's MUCH harder to get the 40. which is probably half the reason for the change. It was nice to be able to pick and choose challenges, and now you pretty much do them all. But, that's okay. I think if I really wanted it, I could do it!
Old 01-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

Well....honestly?

I'm not as happy with them. But I have gotten the 40% off this month, once I make today's blog post. I hate that I have had to be so conscientious of doing every challenge outside of the hybrids, which I'm not interested in. I hate that I have to be concerned that should something come up at the end of the month (illness, etc.) I might not make it. I ONLY skipped the hybrids and I'm just finishing up with two days to spare...a little close for comfort for me. Normally I would have my points by around the end of the third week of the month or so...being able to take the last week off of challenges as long as I had stayed up on them.

Missing the double points also stops me from shopping at 20% off every week. Before I'd go grab a kit or at the very least an element pack to ensure I could have my extra point. It encouraged me to use a kit twice, for that reason. Now I'm waiting to buy everything I want at 40% off instead, because there is no incentive to pick it up every week.

The challenges ARE helping me to use through my old stash though.

I am sad that there was only one P2D this month. That's my favorite challenge. I find it hard to get excited about the non-scrapping challenges. They are fine, but they aren't my favorite. I wish that there were more scrapping challenges. I'd like more options because sometimes I find the slogan for the slogan challenge or the word for the one word challenge hard to work with. I like that there is something new to look forward to every day.

So, there, you have my opinion. I hope no one flames me. I am here for the long haul, I will go with the flow as the challenges play out. I've stated the positives and the negatives for me and I'm glad you brought this up!
Old 01-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing much better this month with making pages than I did the last half of last year...but I haven't done the challenges much this month... Next month I hope!

My Etsy Shop
Proud to be creating for :
Old 01-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

I think I need 1 or 2 more points. I'm not worried. I really do like the new format.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:12 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Denise Umlauf

I'm ok, guess. I missed 2 challenges and I need to finish one hybrid. I should finish the rest today.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing pretty good! I missed a few challenges.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have to agree with Lena! I don't really like the new format either. I loved the fact that we got an extra point when we used new releases because it encouraged me to buy, now I just wish list it all and will wait till the end of the month and will use my 40%. But like she said, it's helping me to use my stash.

I just don't like a new challenge a day. I always LOVED and looked forward to Wednesdays because that was challenge day. Plus, if we ever have more than two hybrid challenges, I won't make it because I just do not care for hybrid.

All that being said, I have 28 points so I'm good for my 40%.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I didn't do well this month...I was distracted by outside stuff and just didn't think to check everyday for a new challenge. I don't think I even made it to 20%--and I always used to get 40%. Oh well, I'll try again next month.

ETA: I just wanted to add that I think the new structure is cool--it just didn't work for me this month (the old one wouldn't have either). That's just the way the month was IRL. I think the designers/babes to a phenomenal job keeping everyone involved here and making SSD the best place to be. Chagne can be hard, sure, but once we're all used to it, I'm sure we'll be fine.

Last edited by Jennifer; 01-29-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

It's certainly more difficult to get in your points, and I'm pretty much just giving up on it for good. The old way was great in helping me scrap my pages; this time around I'm much too worried about cranking out specific pages for points, which is not good for my creativity.

It doesn't make me less inclined to come to the site, though. It's pretty much become my favorite place to hang out. I just won't be participating in challenges as much.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not playing this month. Not sure I love the new format, seems it is more work for the Babes to keep up with and the shorter deadlines are harder for me since I home school and have had a lot going on during the weekends. I am looking forward to the Bday celebration here in Feb (hoping for some savings to make-up for the loss of a discount from challenges )
Old 01-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I have no creativity at all, I'm only on one CT and I can't even seem to keep up with that anymore, the scrap fairy stole my mojo away. So I haven't even really peeked into the challenges too much, and haven't done a single one. I'm hoping as my creativity comes back, I'll be more interested in the challenges again, I used to love them so much!

Like Lena, I love the P2D challenge!!! My favorite!
Old 01-29-2009, 12:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't like the new format, either, and have not even attempted to follow the challenges. I work FT outside the home and try to catch up on the house and family when I get home; I just don't have time to check the challenges and scrap/post/blog every day.

I imagined that one of the reasons behind the change is because too many people were getting the 40% too many months in a row and the store was losing money, so now that it's much more difficult and time-consuming on this side (don't know abt the Babe/designer side) that there will be fewer people with 40% every month. From the comments on this thread, that seems to be true. I know it's NOT meant to be this way, I really do, but to me, the new format seems like a trick to try to get me to not realize that it's much harder for me to get the same discount I was able to get 6 months ago and leaves me wondering if the 40% discount will be phased out entirely in another 6-12 months?

It makes more sense to me that the 40% discount is eliminated now from being gained during challenges and that challenges are cut back down to a more manageable level for everyone involved. To 'counteract' this, if you will, for those SSDers who 'need' the 40% to do their shopping, why not have a $1 or $2 dollar sale on certain items (or like a Penny Candy Throughout The Whole Store sale) every quarter?

I certainly don't begrudge any of the designers or Robin their money and understand the need to make as much money as possible in the store for the designers' personal gains as well as store maintenance, etc. It just seems like a lot of extra work for something that's not necessary. I know almost every gurl here would continue to frequent and shop at SSD even if there were no discounts at all. The discount is not holding us here; the people are.

My two (rather unpopular, I'm sure) cents.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I don't know any differently...I got involved in challenges last month and only did a few of the cookie challenges.

It is hard keeping track of the challenges everyday (I had to write every day in a notebook and check it off as I did it) but I did manage to do all of them. It was tough and my hubby probably wishes he would have never encouraged digi scrappin!! LOL
Old 01-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post
I have to agree with Lena! I don't really like the new format either. I loved the fact that we got an extra point when we used new releases because it encouraged me to buy, now I just wish list it all and will wait till the end of the month and will use my 40%. But like she said, it's helping me to use my stash.
I agree, I don't buy new releases now, I just save up everything for Sweet Rewards. And I, too, am using much more of my stash now though. lol
Old 01-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

So are people not doing the challenges because they don't like the format?
If a challenge inspires you, why wouldn't you do it anyway, regardless of the "deadline"?
Old 01-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

Well I know, me personally...am still doing the challenges, and I'll continue to do so. My problem is just the opposite of what you mentioned. I'm doing challenges even if they DON'T inspire me...because I was afraid that if I didn't I'd wind up at the end of the month with challenged I didn't do because they weren't my style, only to find out there were a pop rocks and a hybrid as the last two challenges, or something like that.

So I did two or three challenges at least this month that I forced, that I'd rather have left, but I need and like my 40% discount.

What would help me GREATLY is a schedule of challenges, so I'd know what was coming...it would help me make my decisions on what to scrap and what to leave!
Old 01-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i got just enough to get 20%.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodoNY0123 View Post
If a challenge inspires you, why wouldn't you do it anyway, regardless of the "deadline"?
The format has nothing to do with it on my end. I do the challenges that inspire me like I always have. Hybrid is something that I'm not into and I never did them in the first place, so obviously those are challenges that I won't do. I mean I am so into digi that I sold my entire scrap room and I had a LOT of stuff.

I liked the old format because we were given 5-6 new challenges weekly and it was great for those people that can only scrap on one day. That isn't my case, but I liked that I could have them all and work on them in one day if I chose.

Also, I didn't do challenges for the 40%. If you remember, I was one of the top buyers here last year spending over 2k. I am hard pressed to find anything in the store that I don't already own. But, the old challenge format also encouraged me to buy on SR Saturdays because I wanted to get the extra point of using a new release.

Anyway, the new format will probably grow on me. I've never been one that likes change too much.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I actually love the new format because I find it much less overwhelming than the Wednesday releases were. This way every challenge gets to be a star for at least one day and because of the shorter deadlines, participation in all of the challenges seems to be more evenly spread out. With the old format, it was really easy to just do the "popular" challenges and ignore other challenges. I know people say they don't like being "forced" to do challenges, but really, the 40% is a BIG discount, I think it's only fair that you be pushed out of your comfort zone a little bit in order to get it.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I have had a hard time with the new format, For me it was missing deadlines. I wish the deadlines where a little longer. That being said I have had a lot of fun doing the ones I have gotten done and made some layouts I am really proud of. I will only get a 20% discount because I missed so many deadlines. but I will know to try to keep better on top of them for next month.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have ZERO points!! Woot!!!

Not doing so hot this month.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I kinda liked the format except now it's the end of the month, I have no power at home so I can't get the last few done....I hate that some of these at the end of the month has so few days to get completed by, then the first of the month, you have to wait for each day to get something new to do. So it's like feast or famine if you know what I mean.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodoNY0123 View Post
I'm not doing the challenges because the new format doesn't fit well into my life. I'd love to do them, but it's just not feasible. I could possibly do a few of them within the deadline, but I think it would cause me more stress, and I have enough of that at work as it is.

I also haven't bought too many new releases since the challenge format changed. I actually haven't bought much this month, and that's really rare for me. I'm waiting for the festivities next month though.

I'm glad others like them, and I hope the tracking is easier for Meg. With work and family demands, the new format just doesn't work well for me and that's okay.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to danagirl82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilcameronsmommy View Post
I'm one point away also. I think I like the new format for the most part. I just think there are a few kinks that maybe need to be worked out.
For example, the beginning of the month was filled with some "easy, quick" challenges that would have come in handy here at the end of the month rather than trying to cram LO challenges into the last few days of the month, ya know?

Other than that, I like it! I'm really liking the new fun little challenges like "Window Shopping" for example!
I agree. I know I have just been way busy and not had the time to get some of them done. But I am having a lot of fun with the ones I have. This is my first time doing them so I have nothing to compare it too though.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Brooke W

Honestly, this is harder for me. I enjoyed knowing that for instance, there was a blog or similar challenge every thursday and that wednesdays were days i could count on having a new challenge up that I had two weeks to complete.
Not having kids, my stash of photos isn't as extensive as many,perhaps the most of you here. Then again, I really had a hard time figuring out due dates at first,so i really got far behind. I understand it was a book keeping nightmare and a lot got their 40%, and that included me,lol. I sure as heck don't begrudge Robin and the designers here their profits either,lol. But I just don't have enough material at the moment to scrap nearly a page a day. It also didn't help that twice this month i've had computer issues that've kept me from creating for a few days.
However, it's not the challenges that keep me here. It's the people. Being able to get that 40 percent would be fantastic, but i think i'm barely going to hit the minimum,lol. Like any other system, it's going to work better for some folks than others. You can't please everyone,lol.
I much preferred the old way, but this is how it is now so i'll get used to it; it'll just take me some time to kick in some new habits :P
Old 01-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post
I liked the old format because we were given 5-6 new challenges weekly and it was great for those people that can only scrap on one day. That isn't my case, but I liked that I could have them all and work on them in one day if I chose.
Do you mean people who scrap only once a week? Because it's still possible to do that even with the new challenge format. For example, if Sunday was your scrapping day, you could do the challenges that were posted since the last Sunday and still be within the deadlines for all of them from that week. It's not quite as flexible as the old format was but it is still possible to scrap that way if you wanted to.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I haven't done the new challenges this month - I could tell right from the start that the fewer options, shorter deadlines and having to check in every day wouldn't work for me. In the same vein as LeeAndra it seems to me that the challenge benefits have been reducing slowly each time a change is made to the challenge structure. I think a better approach might have been to post a more upfront explanation rather than the slowly taking away benefits approach.

I think taking away the bonus point for using a new release is a bummer all around and I am not surprised to hear people are waiting to shop with their coupons. If it were me, I would have kept the bonus point thing (it encourages shopping NOW) but maybe told individual designer CT members that they couldn't get a bonus point for their CT kits. Encouraging shopping NOW is always a better thing for designers - better sell it on release day at 20% than in a month at 40% - PLUS sometimes when a kit sits in the wishlist waiting for that coupon...I decide I don't really need it.

To Lena's point, I think it would be a bummer to work on challenges all month long then have your kids get sick the last week and not get the coupon you were shooting for. I always liked challenges coming out on Wednesdays and I always liked having a list of challenges to choose from and work on if I had a day or big evening to scrap.

Of course it's all relative cause I'm still shopping and hanging out here - I love SSD and consider it my online scrappy home. But I would have preferred a different approach in reducing challenge benefits and changing the structure of challenges.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmy View Post
I haven't done the new challenges this month - I could tell right from the start that the fewer options, shorter deadlines and having to check in every day wouldn't work for me. In the same vein as LeeAndra it seems to me that the challenge benefits have been reducing slowly each time a change is made to the challenge structure. I think a better approach might have been to post a more upfront explanation rather than the slowly taking away benefits approach.

I think taking away the bonus point for using a new release is a bummer all around and I am not surprised to hear people are waiting to shop with their coupons. If it were me, I would have kept the bonus point thing (it encourages shopping NOW) but maybe told individual designer CT members that they couldn't get a bonus point for their CT kits. Encouraging shopping NOW is always a better thing for designers - better sell it on release day at 20% than in a month at 40% - PLUS sometimes when a kit sits in the wishlist waiting for that coupon...I decide I don't really need it.
They haven't taken away benefits though. There's still a 40% coupon available.

Also the bonus pts/no bonus pts for ct kits is just not feasible for Meg to track. There are so many people that do the challenges, everyone would either have to make sure they put in their credits that it was a ct kit, or she would have to know every person on every ct to make sure they didn't get a point they shouldn't have. That would be a ton of extra work. IMO.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:33 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewtertm View Post
I think I'm doing good.

I'm not into hybrid stuff, so I didn't do Day 3. I also didn't get the color challenge point because I FORGOT TO POST...arrrgh! But other than those 2 I should have all of them done.

LOL, not that I'll be able to spend any money anyway, but in the event a giant pterodactyl drops a giant sack of money in my front yard I'll be able to get some goodies at 40% off!
if you uploaded your LO in time send me a PM

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 01-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think I have done 27 of the Challenge! I'm so excited!!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmcd View Post
I have had a hard time with the new format, For me it was missing deadlines. I wish the deadlines where a little longer. That being said I have had a lot of fun doing the ones I have gotten done and made some layouts I am really proud of. I will only get a 20% discount because I missed so many deadlines. but I will know to try to keep better on top of them for next month.
I also wish the deadlines were a bit longer, say 10 or 14 days rather than just 7. As of today I only have 11pts because I wasn't able to scrap within the deadlines and now there's only two days and just a few challenges left that I'm able to do so there's no way that I can possibly get more than 20pts which is not enough to get to the 30% discount. I liked that under the old format when it came to the end of the month I could go back and pick and choose and do as many of that month's challenges to still get points. But I love the layouts I've done for the challenges that I've completed so far so I guess I shouldn't be too disappointed! I'll have to try again in February I guess
Old 01-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to iJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscwgirl View Post

Also the bonus pts/no bonus pts for ct kits is just not feasible for Meg to track. There are so many people that do the challenges, everyone would either have to make sure they put in their credits that it was a ct kit, or she would have to know every person on every ct to make sure they didn't get a point they shouldn't have. That would be a ton of extra work. IMO.
Yeah, thats too much work for Meg (or anyone tracking points) to keep up with.

I think that the fact that there is a 40% off coupon (as well as a 30% and 20%) is more than generous of Robin and the designers. I don't have a problem with the fact that they made it a little bit harder to get the highest reward. Its still totally do-able. But I just think that they need to do the LO challenges so that there is no less than one full week (7 days) to get it done. The "quick" challenges can go at the end of the month. Three days just isn't enough time for a lot of people to get a LO done. Especially when they work or don't have computer access until weekends, or whatever.

creating for
* 9th & Bloom * Jennifer Barrette Designs * Polly & Rufus Designs *

Old 01-29-2009, 03:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
if you uploaded your LO in time send me a PM
That's sweet...but when I forget to post, I do it good LOL. Did the LO, showed it to Sharon Kay...then promptly forgot to upload it and post a link.

No biggie, I should still get the 40%...now for that pterodactyl to get here with some money....
Old 01-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

The cookie was the last LO challenge of the month..I think 5 days is enough time to do a template?

I agree with Lynnette..40% is a HUGE discount...and it should be worked for.

Also...A LOT of people were NOT shopping on new release Saturday and were waiting for Rewards, hence that change. Trust me it's MUCH easier to track.

These kind of threads deflate me so much b/c we work so hard to make sure you gals and guy are happy. Of course we welcome the suggestions and you know we'll do all we can to make sure the challenges are enjoyable and achievable for everybody.

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 01-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
These kind of threads deflate me so much b/c we work so hard to make sure you gals and guy are happy. Of course we welcome the suggestions and you know we'll do all we can to make sure the challenges are enjoyable and achievable for everybody.

I totally didn't start this thread to make it a challenge bashing party. I guess I was just excited that I will be able to make the 40% for the first time ever - so the new format must be working for me.

I will be forever indebted to the babes and designers for making the challenges possible and thank you for all the hard work that you put into them.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscwgirl View Post
No, they haven't taken away the possible reward of a 40% coupon. But 3 times in the last year the challenge structure has been changed in a way that made it *harder* to get to 40%. So it just depends on how you look at it. It's no biggie - honest - I'm just one of those people that would have rather see an acknowledgment like "hey people, you know what? we're giving away the store with all these 40% off coupons so we're gonna have to make it harder!" rather than revamping the challenge structure and make it a bit harder each time without really saying it out loud.

As for the new release thing - yeah I can see where that would be hard to track. But it was fun. *shrug* JMHO
Old 01-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

I thought I was going to hate it...I'm usually a "cluster" scrapper and use to try and do a ton on the weekends (hard to scrap during the week with my little ones). When I first saw that we only had like a week to do each challenge I started to PANIC, I mean they also took away the beloved 2pts for new releases!!! I just knew I was never gonna make it to 40%, but here it is the 29th of the month and I am proud to say that I have done all the challenges so far except for the first hybrid and the recipe challenge (still need to upload my last SAL but it's done!!!).... ....go me!!!

I'm scrapping ALMOST every day and I find that now that I actually use my kids nap time for scrapping instead of surfing and playing (what I use to do because hey I had all month to get the challenges done ).......I am enjoying myself a lot!!!!

Watch out SSD....I have a huge wishlist to pick up sometime early in Feb!!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 01-29-2009, 03:57 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummytothree View Post

Watch out SSD....I have a huge wishlist to pick up sometime early in Feb!!!!

Oh me too! lol
Old 01-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Sweet Shoppe Founder

profile gallery send pm

Maybe it's because I'm hormonal...but this thread makes me so sad.

My siggy needs a re-vamp!

Old 01-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

**sigh**

Last edited by heatherdumas; 01-29-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I want to say that I totally was not bashing the site, their decisions or those involved with giving the challenges. I think everyone was very respectful. Of course people will have thoughts about any change and how it does /does not work for them. I love the challenges here. It is way cool that we even get a chance for a percent off. I was simply stating what made it hard for me. Now I know how it works i can make better choices about the challenges I need to get done.

Please no one take peoples opinions as attacking you. I am so sorry you feel that way.

And hugs hugs Manda girl don't be sad.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It's never been our intent to make it harder to get the points. We've looked several times at the point structure and the work load on our team and have been trying to find ways that we can move things around to make it work for everyone. There is absolutely NO talk of ever getting rid of the Sweet Rewards coupons, or that "too many" are getting it. That's what makes SSD the sweetest place, IMO!

The new structure was meant as a way to inspire everyone to scrap more and be inspired EVERY day! We may need to tweak it as we find things to work on, just like we ended up dissolving our last structure because it just wasn't working for us (I honestly can't remember what the one between the "old way" and this new structure is, but I know it lasted only a month or two).

The Sweet Rewards points though are a bonus...and the challenges are a way to inspire people to scrap! If you're only able to complete enough challenges to earn 20% off, that's STILL a bonus 20% off that you wouldn't have otherwise, kwim? Well other than on Saturdays, but this is a STOREWIDE bonus, so that makes it that much sweeter!