Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2014, 07:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default This week annoys me for Project Life

I hate how all of our activities lead up to Easter this week…my girls had their First Communion on Maundy Thursday, Good Friday service, dyed Easter Eggs, visited the Easter Bunny, etc and so I want to use an Easter kit for this past Project Life week. Then actual Easter Sunday is the start of my next week and I really don't want the whole next week to be Easter Themed but that is where I have my Easter Baskets and Egg Hunt pictures. KWIM? I'm just rambling. Maybe somebody can sympathize.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Maybe you can just roll sunday into last week and do a short week for the next? I switched to doing my weeks monday to sunday this year to keep my weekends together and I've rather liked it once I got used it.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

things like that is one of the reasons I no longer do full week spread unless I feel like it. I just put whatever I put in a double spread as long as I keep everything dated There is no reason you can not put Sunday in with the week this time, or anytime if works for you. It is your PL and you should totally make it work for you!
Old 04-20-2014, 07:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yep, this is one of the reasons I do my weeks Monday- Sunday. I hate when our lake trips fall into two different spreads.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

There's no rule that says you can't have extra pages if you need them. Dedicate a whole page to easter, another to the communion. Use different kits. It won't matter. You've scrapped the memory, and years down the track you won't care if the pages don't match. I have several albums where the pages don't match and I love them.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

All good advice ladies! Sometimes it just takes a reminder from you all that I don't have to follow any special rules and the Project Life police won't arrest me.

And I think next year I'll do Mon-Sun just for the same reasons Marla mentioned.

And heck, this is only week 16 or something like that. I could probably change it up to Mon-Sun NOW and nobody down the road would ever even notice when they were reading the book. (Assuming somebody reads it someday!)
Old 04-20-2014, 08:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by abm234 View Post
And heck, this is only week 16 or something like that. I could probably change it up to Mon-Sun NOW and nobody down the road would ever even notice when they were reading the book. (Assuming somebody reads it someday!)
I don't even date my weeks (just put the week number)... gives me freedom to do what I want. I start my week on Saturday, so my week starts with the weekend. I do like the idea of keeping weekends together. Even though I do it differently than everyone else... which is the beauty of PL. You can do it however it works for you.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
All good advice ladies! Sometimes it just takes a reminder from you all that I don't have to follow any special rules and the Project Life police won't arrest me.

And I think next year I'll do Mon-Sun just for the same reasons Marla mentioned.

DO IT! Just add Sunday to this week and start Week 17 tomorrow. No reason to wait eight months to change it. PL should work with you and be flexible.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Even when you do Mon to Sun weeks, there are things that cover both weeks like this. (Fewer of them, but it still happens.) I'd do like others said and extend your week one day to get Easter in. Another option is to do a 1-page LO for all the non-Easter stuff the week before and after, then a separate spread for Easter.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2014, 10:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I can tell you about 1/3 of my weeks last year had 3-4 pages instead of just 2. I didn't stress it.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 04-20-2014, 10:28 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I kind of do it more like tanyia as well. I do more of a monthly approach than week to week. Some weeks I need 5 pages, sometimes only one. So I create single pages, date them as the month and call it good. I probably still end up with roughly a double page per week overall, but I can group things as I like without worrying about which week they fall under.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2014, 10:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaTrish View Post
I can tell you about 1/3 of my weeks last year had 3-4 pages instead of just 2. I didn't stress it.
I don't have as many as you, but I had several where I did 2 pages for Mon-Fri (or some other portion of the week) and 2 pages for the weekend. Those were often for times when we had company, went on a trip, or had a special event. (Some of those photo-heavy occurrences also got a traditional 12x12 LO for a few favorite photos.) Most of my PL LOs are 2-page spreads covering Mon-Sun, but my feeling is that as long as the title card reflects the actual days/dates I scrapped on that spread, it doesn't matter whether it's a single day or several weeks.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlathrall View Post
DO IT! Just add Sunday to this week and start Week 17 tomorrow. No reason to wait eight months to change it. PL should work with you and be flexible.
Consider it DONE! I'm now a Mon-Sun girl starting this week. And I don't even feel bad about it despite my OCD tendencies.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

I am going to do an Easter insert/extra page, I think. I have been doing inserts for the times I have a ton of photos for one event.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Consider it DONE! I'm now a Mon-Sun girl starting this week. And I don't even feel bad about it despite my OCD tendencies.
Good for you! Last year I got to about week 19 using pocket pages (ie, printing as 4x6's and 3x4's with the Becky Higgins divided page protectors). By that point I was way behind and realized it was because I disliked the format. I switched to printing 12x12's mid-year, made myself ignore my inner-voice's complaint about it not matching, and was much happier. So yeah, I'm all for changing what isn't working for you even mid-stream.

Now for the follow up to my switch...the non-matching page styles bothered DH way more than they bothered me. I normally pay for printing out of my own "fun money" budget, but he okayed me reprinting the first 1/3 of the year out of our joint money so that they can be 12x12's too! (I initially scrapped them at 12x12 then broke them up for printing, so I could reprint without having to redo them.)
Old 04-21-2014, 09:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Woo hoo!! What a freeing decision!!

I will probably use a themed kit for all of Easter week, just make that my color scheme for the week. I'm still not very good at mixing/matching.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda