Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Sweet Shoppe Challenges > Challenge Archives

Old 07-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm
Default August 2010: Scrapper's Portfolio & Tracker

Hey Hey Sweet Shoppers!!

Another month is upon us, and I can hardly believe it, but once we're done with this month's exciting and inspiring portfolios, there will just be 4 months left of 2010! Where is the time flying off to I ask you?! All of us here hope that you're making lots of sweet memories with every passing day, and even more so that our monthly portfolios are helping you get those memories scrapped! We know you're eager to get started on this month's portfolio, so let's get to it...

For ease of reference, we've created a printable checklist of this month's portfolio. Click the link below to download and print!

As always, you MUST use primarily Sweet Shoppe products to complete your challenge layouts.

August 2010: Sweet Shoppe Scrapper's Portfolio

One Point Tasks - 20 Primary Points Possible

1 - Lift a layout by Sasha Bliss, our Treat of the Month for August, and get to know her better in this month's special feature.

2 - Tilt It! Rotate the composition on your page so it sits at an angle.

3 - Use "text-talk" for the titling & journaling on a page... will you be able to read it in 20 years?

4 - Madonna's birthday is on the 16th! Scrap a page inspired by the music icon.

5 - There's a Friday the 13th in August! Scrap something you're superstitious about.

6 - August looks like... Take a photo looking out your front door or a window, standing on your driveway or front porch or even what your kids are wearing today and scrap it! You'll see this challenge again and again throughout 2010, so choose a spot or subject which will illustrate the passage of time or seasons changing in an easy to capture photo.

7 - Two of You: create a page with the same photo used at least twice.

8 - The August A list - scrap a layout using a one word title that begins with the letter A.

9 - Seeing things from different point of view. Journal from the point of view of someone or something other than yourself (your pet/your car/your favorite pair of jeans....) and scrap it!

10 - My front porch looking in - scrap your house from the outside looking in.

11 - Recipe: 8th month, 31 days in august, 2010. Scrap a layout with 8 buttons, 3 stars or flowers, 1 stitch, 2 ribbons, 1 metal fastener and 10 circles or squares (can mix shapes).

12 - The stars of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody turn 17 on August 4th and Joe Jonas turns 20 on the 15th. Scrap your child's pre-teen love or if you're brave, your own.

13 - Paper 2 Digi - Gumpgirl

14 - Use the inspiration at Robert Ryan to create a layout which features no more than 3 bold contrasting colors on the page.

15 - Summer Lovin' happened so fast - what did you fall in love with this summer?

16 - What's your number? Scrap a layout with a number in the title!

17 - Pick out a photo or two, then set your timer for 30 minutes and scrap. See what kind of page you can create in half an hour, and finished or not share it with us when the timer goes off. No cheating!

18 - Back To School is quickly approaching and that means one of the biggest shopping events of the year is upon us. Books, clothes, school supplies, backpacks, lunch boxes and more - whatever excites you the most - scrap it!

19 - Tag You're It! Use tags in abundance on a layout.

20 - Use "______ of the Year" (Mom, Baker, Daredevil, etc.) as the title on a layout and go all out telling the story about why the title is perfect for you or a loved one.

Two Point Tasks - 20 Primary Points Possible

21 - "I want you to know...." - create a layout with thought-provoking journaling that includes and finishes this statement. Thanks to Jaclyn Bernardo for the inspiring idea!

22 - August is 'Admit You're Happy' month which is a layout and a story in itself.

23 - We love these 20 great stitched Panorama examples on the Digital Photography Schools website. Use these 8 Guidelines to taking Panoramic Photos and this how-to on creating a panorama with Photoshop and Photomerge to take and create a panoramic photo to use on a layout.

24 - “Wherever we are, it is our friends that make our world.” - Henry Drummond

Scrap a layout about the friendships which mean the most to you.

25 - Keeping cool - scrap a page about something that makes you or someone you know super cool!

26 - The Perseid meteor showers peak in mid August, and you'll likely see them light up the night sky. Scrap a page about what you might wish for.

27 - Use the inspiration at the fabulous blog 5 questions as inspiration to interview and scrap 5 questions about someone you love.

28 - Bad Hair Day - what little things throw you off your daily game? No coffee? Kids sniping at one another? Other half not picking up his laundry again, or worse, not rinsing the sink after shaving (ugh)? Let it all out and tell us all about it.

29 - Book Cover Challenge - Pick a book and use the design on the cover as inspiration to scrap a page. Don't forget to share the original cover you used as inspiration when you post this one in your portfolio!

30 - The Ultimate Paper Challenge - Scrap two different layouts - 1 which has 5 papers but NO patterns and 1 with 5 papers but NO solids!

Five Point Tasks - 10 Primary Points Possible

31 - The King of Rock-N-Roll died on August 16, 1977. Use his song titles as inspiration to create three layouts to earn 5 points.

32 - Book of Me 2010 - this year SSD is encouraging you to create a Book of Me Album! So often we focus on scrapping everyone else in our lives, but we're challenging you to record more of who YOU are on a regular basis throughout the year too. Pick 3 of the 5 topics below and scrap 3 layouts to earn 5 points:

32a - My computer would tell you that I...
32b - My dream job would be...
32c - My celebrity crush is...
32d - If I could change one thing...
32e - I'm saving money to...

Ten Point Task - 10 Primary Points Possible

33 - Shaped Mini Albums - think outside the box for this month's mini album hybrid challenge and create a uniquely shaped album that's at least 5 double sided pages. Birds, butterflies, hearts, ice cream cones, mittens, surfboards, and more - the sky is the limit for this month's mini memory keeper. Don't skip this challenge because you're afraid of hybrid - you can do it! Here's some amazing inspiration...

Snow Mitten Mini Album by Andrea Gourley
Bracket Album by Cathy
Transportation Tag Album by Jen Tapler
Bird Album by Susan Bartolini

No squares, rectangles or circles for this month's challenge.

Flex Tip - Be Creative! If the challenge is asking for a TOP 10 of your favorite TV shows, feel free to scrap your husband's or child's favorite shows instead! If it's asking a question, feel free to ask the question of a loved one and scrap a page for them instead. The only time this wouldn't apply is to your Book of Me album which should be a stunning tribute to YOU!

DON'T FORGET! As you complete layouts for our challenges, you'll be tracking them yourself in one post that you'll update throughout the month. For August, all layouts and points need to be posted by 11:59pm EST at the end of the day on September 1st. If you're joining us for the first time this month, have a look at the amazing portfolio tracker thread from the first half of 2010 to see how it's done!

1) Post to claim your tracker spot for the month.
2) When you finish a layout for a challenge, upload it to the gallery and right click to get the image information for your layout.
3) Return to your tracker spot you claimed in this thread, and click edit to add the image of your layout to your portfolio. You'll want to add your layout in order of the numbered list above and include that number and the points earned above your image.
4) At the very end of your portfolio, please keep a running tally of the total points earned to date.

PLEASE NOTE: Portfolio points may NOT be carried over into the following month as each month begins anew with a fresh set of inspiring challenges! Additionally, you may NOT use the same layout for more than one numbered task - each task requires a new layout.

Please don't post chatter or comments in this thread as we'd like to keep it clean and easy to check at the end of the month. If you want to give praise to your favorite prompts or layouts, feel free to chatter as much as you like in our General Info & Chatter Forum. Thanks!!

Here's to heating up your scrapping for the Summer,

Robin
Old 08-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

#7-Two of You 1 POINT

#15-Summer Lovin' 1 POINT

#17-30 minutes on the clock! 1 POINT

#21-I Want You To Know 2 POINTS

#22-Admit You're Happy 2 POINTS

#24-Our Friends Make The World 2 POINTS

#25-Keeping Cool (My baby girl is uber Cool!!!) 2 POINTS

#26 Perseid Meteor Showers/Wish Upon a Star 2 POINTS

#28-Bad Hair Day 2 POINTS

#31-Elvis Song Titles, three layouts 5 POINTS
31a Too Much Monkey Business

31b School Days

31c Can't Help Falling In Love With You

#33-Shaped Mini Albums-I know the shape I used was boring, but I stole coasters from Outback Steakhouse just for this project, so hopefully that counts for something! :-) 10 POINTS
Shape Album, Front Sides

Shape Album, Back Sides

TOTAL: 30 POINTS

Last edited by kwellis; 08-19-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total Points = 30

8. August A list - 1 pt

13. Paper 2 Digi - 1 pt + 1 pt new release
DJB Karen T font released 08/07/2010

scraplifted: http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/2...4505/-1/1.html

16. Number - 1 pt + 1 Pt new release
Paper Clips Jumbo Bundle by Libby Weifenbach 08/21/2010

17. 3o minute scrap - 1 pt

19. Tag You're It - 1 pt + 1 Pt new release
DJB Karen T font released 08/07/2010

20. TEAM OF THE YEAR - 1 pt + 1 Pt new release
Another Galaxy by Traci Reed and Julie Billingsley released 07/31/2010

23. Panorama - 2 pts

30. Ultimate Paper Challenge 2 pt

31. Elvis 3 layouts - 5 pts + 1 pt New Release
Another Galaxy by Traci and Julie released on 7/31/2010

31. Hybrid Album - 10 pts

Total Points = 30

Last edited by Sharon Kay; 09-04-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Challenge #1 - TOTM 1 point
Lifted Sasha's "Snails"

Challenge #2 - Tilt It 1 point + 1 pt hybrid

Challenge #3 - Text-Talk 1 point + 1pt hybrid

Challenge #6 - August Looks Like ... 1 point + 1 pt NR
NR: DJB Woke Up Late by Darcy Baldwin, released 08/28/10, LO created & uploaded 08/29/10

August Left

Challenge #7 - Two of You - Same Pics 1 point + 1pt NR
NR: Jolly Roger by Libby Weifenbach, Layout created & uploaded 08/28/10

Challenge #8 - One Word Title with an A 1 point + 1pt hybrid
"Affenstark" is German slang used to describe something that can't be topped, that's very attractive or impressive
The literal translation is: strong as a monkey

Challenge #13 - Gumpgirl Inspiration 1 point + 1 NR
NR: Bliss by Fee Jardine, released 08/07/10, layout created & uploaded 08/10/10

Challenge #14 - Three Bold Colors 1 point + 1pt hybrid

Challenge #17 - 30 min. Layout 1 point

Challenge #19 - Tag It 1 point

Challenge #20 - ... of the year 1 point

Challenge #22 - Admit You're Happy 2 points
Title is: So Happy

Challenge #26 Wish 2 points + 1 NR
New Release: 2010 Summer Sampler Week 3, released 08/07/10, LO created & uploaded 08/10/10

Challenge #30 - 5 Plain Papers 2 points
The writing on the blue paper (top right) is Misty's stamp, it's not a patterned paper! (Kit used was "Memories" by SSD designers)

Challenge #30 - 5 Patterned Papers

Challenge #31 - Elvis Song Titles 5 points

Bonus #1 - Inspired by Sara Lively's Hybrid 1 point
I was inspired by Sara's "Peek-A-Boo!"

Bonus #2 - 2 Alphas - Title 1 point + 1 pt NR
NR: You Can Be My Cowgirl by Misty Cato, released 08/14, Layout created & uploaded 08/20/10

Bonus #3 - Recipe 1 point

Bonus #4 - SAL of Vanessa's 1 point

Total: 35 points
22 points primary challenges
4 point bonus challenges
5 points NR
4 points hybrid

Last edited by suladesign; 08-30-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot! Yahoo!

#7 photo used atleast twice (1 point)

#21 I want you to know: (2 points)

#22 Admit your happy (with this kid!) (2 points)

#24 My son's special friend (2 points)

#25 Super Cool (2 points) plus (1 NR point) Melissa Bennett (Hall Pass)

#26 Wish (2 points) plus (1 NR point) Darcy Baldwin Font (DJB Karen from Summer Sampler Pack)

#29 Book Cover inspiration (2 points)
From this book:

#30: Paper Challenge (2 points)
5 solids (from Another Galaxy)

5 PP

#31: ELVIS (5 points)
"Lead Me Guide Me"

"There Is No God But God"

"It's Carnival Time!"

#33: Shaped mini album (10 points)

Bonus #2: Title with 2 alphas (1 point)

TOTAL POINTS: 33

Last edited by kristijoy; 08-15-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My spot! Can't wait to get started.

#16-Scrap a LO with a number in the title-1 pt + 1 NR point (Homespun, Summer Samplers week 2, 7/31)

#17-30 minute challenge-1 pt

21. I want you to know...2 pts

24 -Scrap a layout about the friendships which mean the most to you. 2 pts + 1 NR point (NR-Shawna's Teensy Little Alpha, 7/31)

29-Use a book cover for inspiration-2 pts + 1 hybrid point=3 pts
Book Cover:

My card:

31-Scrap 3 layouts inspired by Elvis's song titles. 5 pts + 1 NR=6 pts (NR details below)
a. Sand Castles

b. Beach Boy Blues (NR-DJB Chalk It Up, released 8/21, posted 8/28)

c. Rock Around The Clock

Blog challenge #1-Make a hybrid card. 1 pt + 1 NR pt (Julie's Punchy Edges, 8/7)

Blog challenge #2-use 2 alphas in the title-1 pt + 1 NR pt (I Love You More, 8/7)

Total: 21

Last edited by rach3975; 09-01-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1 pt + 1 NR: 8 - The August A list - scrap a layout using a one word title that begins with the letter A. KCB's Naturally You 8/14 & LO 8/17

1 pt + 1 NR: 2 - Tilt It! Rotate the composition on your page so it sits at an angle. KCB & Traci's Delightful- 08/21 & LO 08/20

1 pt + 1 NR: 7 - Two of You: create a page with the same photo used at least twice. KCB & Shawna's Lean On Me- 08/21 & LO 08/20

Total Points: 6

Last edited by Sheana; 08-20-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1-Lift a Layout by our TOTM (NR pt-Boyz R Weird by Heather Roselli)

11-Recipe: 8th month, 31 days in august, 2010.

13-Paper2Digi-Gumpgirl (NR point-Another Galaxy by Julie/Traci)

30-Ultimate Paper Challenge-- 5 patterns/5 solids (NR pt-Busted by Libby & Kristin Aagard)

Last edited by Leila; 08-09-2010 at 03:40 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Claiming my spot!
Old 08-01-2010, 12:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. Lift Treat of the Month Sasha Bliss (1 pt + 1 pt for new release Inspired by Templates by Darcy Baldwin)

2. Tilt it - rotate composition of your page (1 pt + 1 pt for new release)

7. Two of you - scrap a layout using the same photo at least twice (1 pt)

8. Scrap a layout with a one word title beginning with the letter A (1 pt)

16. Scrap a layout with a number in the title (1 pt + 1 pt for new release)

Last edited by LibbysMommy; 08-09-2010 at 12:16 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:28 AM
Banned

profile gallery

TOTAL: 4
1. Lifted Sasha 1 pt. + 1 NR (posted 8/3 Heather's Boyz Are Weird 7/31)

8. A Title: Awesome First Grader 1 pt. + 1 NR [posted and released 8/14 Heather's Teacher's Pet)

TOTAL: 4 pts.
NR: 2
Hybrid:

Last edited by knlchevys; 09-04-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:28 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

My spot!!!!!

Points so far: 20

#1 - Scraplift Sasha - inpsired by all the circles she uses on her layouts!
1 point

#2 - Tilt It - 1 point plus 1 NR point (Another Galaxy released 7/31 and layout uploaded 8/4)

#7 - use the same photo twice. - 1 point

#13 - Paper 2 Digi (lifted the 2 photo composition from her layout here Looks nothing like the inspiration! LOL! But it started there.) 1 point

#16 - Use a number in the title - 1 point plus 1 NR point (Eva Kiplers Anything you Can Do Kit - released 8/14 and layout uploaded 8/17)

#17 - 30 minute timer - 1 point plus 1 NR point (Eva's new kit BEACH BOUND - released 8/7 - layout uploaded 8/7)

#21 - "I want you to know" journaling - 2 points

#30 - Ultimate Paper Challenge - 2 points plus 1 NR point (Eva's Fresh and Fanciful kit released 7/31 and layout uploaded 8/5) (1st layout is no patterns, 2nd layout is no solids)

#31 - Elvis Songs - 5 points ) plus 1 NR point (using Julie Billlingsley's new kit SMART CHIC released 8/14 layout uploaded 8/14)
Layout 1 based off the song: Alright, Okay, You win!

Layout 2 based off the song: Just Pretend

Layout 3 based off the song: playing for keeps

Last edited by sari55; 08-20-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

#1- Treat of the Month Sasha Bliss (mom2peanuts)-1pt. + 1 NR pt. (Using The Reasons Why by Kristin Cronin-Barrow and Meg Mullens, released July 31st, uploaded August 2)

#2- Tilt It! 1pt.

#7- Two of You 1 pt. plus 1 NR pt. Using My Teensy Little Alpha by Shawna Clingerman (released 7/31, uploaded 8/3)

#21- I Want You to Know...2 pts.+ 1 NR pt. Using Naturally You by Kristin Cronin-Barrow (released 8/14, uploaded 8/14)

#30- Ultimate Paper Challenge 2 pts.+ 1 NR pt. Using Punchy Edges by Julie Billingsley (released 8/7, uploaded 8/10)

Solid:

Patterened:

Book Of Me 5 pts for 3 layouts +1 pt. for NR

32a- If My Computer Could Talk

32c- Celebrity Crush (NR point using Cindy Schneider's Template Set #66, released 8/14, uploaded 8/15)

Total: 11 pts.

Last edited by carriesmom; 08-15-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

claiming my spot - hopefully my eyes will allow me to do some scrapping this month

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 08-01-2010, 12:31 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

my spot

2. tilt it1 pt +1 NR ptTraci Reed: I LOve You More relesed 7/7 LO posted 7/6 for sneek peek

7. Two of You {picture of Peyton with balloons on left page is used twice}1 pt + 1 pt NRNR Cindy Schneider: Template 66 released 8/14 LO posted 8/15

[URL="https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=146679&ppuser=2887"]

16. LO with a number in it 1 pt +1 NR ptNR Libby Weifenbach: For Valory released 7/31 LO completed 8/7

17. 30 minute challenge1 pt

18. School Anticipation 1 pt + 1 pt NR NR Melissa Bennett: Hall Pass released 8/7 LO posted in sneek peek thread 8/6

25. Keepin Cool 2 pts + 1 pt NR New Release Eva Kipler Beach Bound released 8/7 LO posted in sneek peek thread 8/6

30. 2 LO's2 pts
1st one 5 papers no patterns {right page}

[URL="https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=146679&ppuser=2887"]
2nd one 5 patterned papers

31: 3 LO's with Elvis Song title:5 pts
1. Goin' Home

2. TROUBLE

3. POOR BOY

32.5 pts

b. dream job

c. Celebrity crush

d. If I Could Change

33. Mini Shaped Album 10 pts

blog bonus #2 2 different alphas in your title {title right page}1 pt

total 35 pts

Last edited by nun69; 09-01-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1 - TOTM (1 bonus point, NR Inspired by Sasha Template released 8/7, LO posted 8/14)

7 - Two of You:

14 - feature no more than 3 bold contrasting colors on the page (hybrid bonus point)

17 - 30-minute challenge (1 bonus point, NR Inspired by Sasha Template released 8/7, LO posted 8/13)

29 - Book Cover Challenge (2 points + 2 bonus points (NR Perfectly Ordinary released 7/31, LO uploaded 8/7) hybrid)

inspired by

30 - Ultimate Paper Challenge (2 points + 1 bonus point (hybrid))

5 patterns:

5 solids:

31 - Elvis Song Titles:
1 - I want you, I need you, I love you

2 - Indescribably Blue

3 - Let's have a party! (hybrid and NR bonus points)

Hybrid - scalloped tag album, plus 1 bonus NR - Libby Weifenbach Jolly Roger alpha and 2 elements

Total Points:
NR bonus 5 of 5 used
Hybrid bonus 4 of 5 used

Last edited by Joana1n; 08-31-2010 at 10:59 PM.
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1 point tasks

1 - Lift a layout by Sasha Bliss, our Treat of the Month for August, and get to know her better in this month's special feature. NR - The Reason Why, KCB and Meg, posted 8/1

13 - Paper 2 Digi - Gumpgir NR - Boyz are Weird, Heather posted 8/3l
lifted So Disgusting

17 - Pick out a photo or two, then set your timer for 30 minutes and scrap. NR - I love you more, Traci Reed, posted 8/6

2 point tasks

25 - Keeping cool - scrap a page about something that makes you or someone you know super cool!

27 - Use the inspiration at the fabulous blog 5 questions as inspiration to interview and scrap 5 questions about someone you love. NR - Hooterville, Libby and Mandabean, posted 8/23

30 - The Ultimate Paper Challenge - Scrap two different layouts - 1 which has 5 papers but NO patterns and 1 with 5 papers but NO solids! NR - Ticket to Ride by Lliella, posted 8/1
Solids:

5 point tasks
31 - The King of Rock-N-Roll died on August 16, 1977. Use his song titles as inspiration to create three layouts to earn 5 points.
Any Day Now... as in Any Day Now, I'll get something accomplished..

School Days

Oh Happy Day

32 - Book of Me 2010

32b - My dream job would be...

32d - If I could change one thing...

10 point task
33 - Shaped Mini Albums

Total Points: 35
NR - 5

Last edited by MamaBee; 08-24-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:33 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to jocelinsmommy

<3 <3 SPOT <3 <3
Old 08-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to haydensmommy217

My Spot

Total Points: 5

Last edited by haydensmommy217; 08-04-2010 at 02:34 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:39 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My spot
Old 08-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1 - Lift a layout by Sasha Bliss, our Treat of the Month for August, and get to know her better in this month's special feature. 1 pt

2 - Tilt It! Rotate the composition on your page so it sits at an angle. 1 pt

30 - The Ultimate Paper Challenge - Scrap two different layouts - 1 which has 5 papers but NO patterns and 1 with 5 papers but NO solids! 2 pts

layout 1 - patterns only:

layout 2 - solids only:

Total Points: 4 pt

Last edited by eranslow; 08-14-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:53 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mnm_y2

trying again lol
Old 08-01-2010, 12:55 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Ok, If I decide I'm brave enough to jump in this month, here's my spot.

Kristen
Old 08-01-2010, 01:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Count me in this month!
Old 08-01-2010, 01:06 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Here's my spot!!
Old 08-01-2010, 01:06 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to litabells

TOTAL: 30pts

1 - Lift treat of the month
1pt
Lifted this:

My LO:

3. Txt Talk
1pt

4 - Madonna
1pt

7 - Two of You
1pt

8 - A List
1pt

9 - Someone/thing elses POV
1pt

15 - Summer loving (but sicne its winter here, I just went with what id fallen in love with this year)
1pt

16 - Use a number in the title
1pt

17 - 30 mins
1pt + 1 nr point= 2 pts total

20 -____ of the year
1pt

21 - Want You To Know
2pts + 1nr=3pts total

22 - Admit You're Happy
2pts

24 - Scrap the friendships that mean alot to you
2pts

25. Cool person
2pts + 1nrpt= 3pts total

26. Scrap a wish
2pts + 1nr pt = 3pts total

27 - 5 Questions
2pts

28 - Bad Hair Day (or in my case - bad KID day)
2pts

29. Book Cover
Using this as inspiration:

1 pt + 1 nr point=2pts total

Last edited by litabells; 09-04-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:08 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

My August spot!

#30 - Ultimate paper challenge (2 pts. + 1 NR bonus: Eva Kipler Fresh and Fanciful 8/3 = 3 pts.)
Layout 1: 5 papers - NO SOLIDS

Total Points = 3

Last edited by MichaelsMomJo; 08-03-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

Maybe I'll get some LO's done if I actually post here this month... LOL!

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 08-01-2010, 01:28 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My spot!! Glad to get back to it!
Old 08-01-2010, 01:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My Spot

#1 - Lift a layout by Sasha Bliss, our TOTM. 1pt + NR Bonus 1pt
(Naturally You, Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Released 8.14.10)
Total: 2pts

#2 - 2 - Tilt It! Rotate the composition on your page so it sits at an angle. 1pt + NR Bonus 1pt
(Lean On Me, KristinCB & Shawna, Released 8.21.10)

#9 - Journal from someone else's point of view! 1pt + NR Bonus 1pt
(Splendid, Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Released 8.7.10)

#18 - Whatever excites you the most - scrap it! 1pt + NR Bonus 1pt
(Another Galaxy, Julie Billingsley, Released 7.31.10)

#19 - Tag You’re It! Use tags in abundance on a layout. 1pt + NR Bonus 1pt
(Smart Chic, Julie Billingsley, Released 8.14.10)

RUNNING TOTAL: 10pts
5 NR points used

Last edited by Jen22; 08-20-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

August Scrapper's Portfolio

#1 - Treat of the Month Inspired Layout - 1 Point (+1 NR: Sweet Nothings, posted 8/25/10) - 2 Points
Lift of this layout

#2 - Tilt It! - 1 Point

#4 - Inspired by Madonna (True Blue) - 1 Point

#7 - Two of You - 1 Point (+1 NR: Tropical, posted 8/6/10) - 2 Points

#8 - August A List - 1 Point (+1 NR: Sweet Child, posted 8/6/10) - 2 Points

#9 - Perspective - 1 Point

#16 - What's Your Number? - 1 Point

#17 - 30 Minute Limit Layout - 1 Point (+1 NR: Little Man, posted 8/10/10) - 2 Points

#18 - Back to School (Hybrid) - 1 Point

#21 - I Want You To Know... - 2 Points

#25 - Super Cool Layout - 2 Points

Hybrid Shaped Album - 10 Points

Bonus #1 - Hybrid Card - 1 Point

Bonus #2 - Multi-Alpha Title - 1 Point

Bonus #3 - Zoe Recipe Challenge - 1 Point

Thanks for looking!

Total - 30 Points
includes 4 NR point
includes 1 Hybrid point

Last edited by Happy Now; 09-01-2010 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Portfolio Update
Old 08-01-2010, 03:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Challenge #1: 1 point
lift of Sasha's Sugar and Spice

Challenge #2: 1 point

Challenge #7: 1 point
New Release: 1 point(Tuff N Stuff by Traci Reed, 8.14.10)

Challenge #13: 1 point
New Release: 1 point(I Love You More by Traci Reed, 8.7.10)
Lift of gumpgirl's Click!

Challenge #17: 1 point

Challenge #30: 2 points
New Release: 1 point(Tuff N Stuff by Traci Reed, 8.14.10)
prints:

soilds:

Challenge #31: 5 points
New Release: 1 point(At Summer's End by Traci Reed, 8.21.10)
Song: "Summertime Has Passed And Gone"

Song: "Blue Suede Shoes"

Total: 10 points

Last edited by WalkersMommy; 08-28-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Skype™ to DeepGirl

Total: 30 points

2 - Rotate the composition on your page so it sits at an angle. 1 point

4 - Scrap a page inspired by Madonna. (1 point + 1 HB point)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNzkOyvJNP8
"Nothing fails
No more fears
Nothing fails..."

Read the story behind the postcard...

7 - Two of You: create a page with the same photo used at least twice. 1 point

8 - Layout using a one word title that begins with the letter A. 1 point
Alem - name of the hotel where we stayed in

9 - Journaling from the point of view of my husband 1 point

13 - Paper 2 Digi - Gumpgirl 1 point

inspired especially by those layouts:
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/2...3/-1/40/1.html
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/2.../-1/200/1.html

15 - What did you fall in love this summer? 1 point

17 - 30-minutes scrap 1 point + 1 NR
NR: Susan Bartolini - Eco Chic on Aug 9th

25 - Keeping cool 2 points + 1 NR
NR: Eva Kipler - Anything You Can Do on Aug 15th

29 - Book Cover Challenge (2 points + 1 HB point)

30 - Ultimate Paper Challenge (2 points + 1 NR point + 1 HB point)
NR: Kristin and Meg - The Reason Why, Dani Mogstad - Tiki Chic on Aug 4th

a. 5 solids but no patterns

a. 5 papers but no solids

31 - Elvis songs (5 points + 1 NR point)
a. 500 miles

b. Got My Mojo Workin'
NR: Fee Jardine - Bliss on 13th August 2010

c. Ghost Riders In The Sky

Bonus 1 - hybrid postcard (1 point + 1 NR point)
NR: Misty Cato - You Can Be My Cowgirl on Aug 19th
inspired by this card: https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...46&ppuser=6968 - I've just got the same punches and I love them!

Bonus 2 -use at least two alphas in your title. (1 point )

Bonus 4 - Vanessa's Spin-A-Lift. (1 point )
lifting: https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...all&ppuser=272

Total: 30 points
Primary points: 19
NR: 5
Hybrid: 3
Bonus: 3

Last edited by DeepGirl; 09-04-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:29 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

My spot :-)
Old 08-01-2010, 04:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My Spot

Total: 36 points

#1 - TOTM Lift(lifted "Pout") - 1 point
Lifted this

#2 - Tilt It! Rotate the composition on your page so it sits at an angle.(August 5th using The reason why a collab by KCB n Meg Mullens) 1 point + 1 NR point

#7 - Two of You: create a page with the same photo used at least twice - 1 Point

#8 - The August A list - scrap a layout using a one word title that begins with the letter A-1 Point

#14 - Create a layout which features no more than 3 bold contrasting colors on the page(Inspired by Robert Ryan although it may not have the same colors). 1 point

#15 - Summer Lovin' happened so fast - what did you fall in love with this summer? -1 Point

#17 - A LO in 30 minutes -1 Point

#20 - Use "______ of the Year" as the title on a layout. -1 Point

#24 Scrap a layout about the friendships which mean the most to you.2 points

#25 Keeping cool - scrap a page about something that makes you or someone you know super cool!2 points

#26 - My wish for you(using Traci's At summer's end, posted on 27th August)
2 points+ 1 NR point

#30 - The Ultimate Paper Challenge -2 points + 1 NR point
a)Using patterned papers only(Busted Collab Kit by Libby Weifenbach and Kristin Aagard, posted august 8th)

b)using solids only

#31 Elvis Songs-5 points + 1 NR point
a)Inspiration - My boy (using i love you more by traci reed-8th august)

b)Inspiration - Do not disturb

c)Inspiration - "Puppet On A String"

#33 - Shaped Mini Album - 10 points

Bonus Challenge #2 - Two Alphas in a title 1 point

Total: 36 points

Last edited by sugirox; 09-04-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:01 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

my spot

= 1pt

#2 = 1 pt + 1Hybrid pt

#4 = 1 pt

= 1 pt + 1 NR pt (used cozy blue jeans by Shawna released/created 14th Aug)

= 1 pt

#9 = 1 pt

= 1 pt + 1 NR pt (beach bound by Eva released on 7th Aug)

= 1pt

#17 = 1pt

#18 = 1 pt

= 1pt

#20 1 pt + 1 NR pt (Naturally you released/created 14th Aug)

#22 = 2 pts

= 2 pts

took inspiration from

#30 = 2pts

31a 31b31c = 5pts

Bonus # 1 = 1pt

Bonus # 2 = 1 pt + 1 NR pt (used delightful by Kristin & Traci created on 21st Aug)

Bonus #4
= 1pt

total points = 31 pts!!!!!!!

Last edited by eggshell1976; 08-27-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:52 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Total for August: 36 points

#1 - TOTM lift - 1 point challenge + 1 point NR (The Reasons Why...by KCB & MM released 07/31)

#2 - Tilt It - 1 point challenge + 1 point hybrid = 2 points

#4 - Madonna's birthday - 1 point challenge

#7 - Two of You - 1 point challenge

#8 - The A List - 1 point challenge

#9 - from another's point of view -1 point challenge

#11 - Recipe challenge - 1 point challenge + 1 point NR (SSD 2010 Summer Sampler Week 3 released 8/7)

#12 - preteen love - 1 point challenge

#16 - What's your number - 1 point challenge.

#17 - scrap for 30 minutes - 1 point challenge + 1 point NR (Busted by Libby Weifenbach and Kristen Aagard released 8/7)

#18 - Back to School (teacher gift) - 1 point challenge + 1 point hybrid = 2 points

#19 - Tag You're It - 1 point challenge

#21 - I want you to know - 2 point challenge

#22 - Admit You're Happy - 2-point challenge, plus 1 hybrid point plus 1 new release (Sizzling Summer by Mandabean 8/7) = 4 points

#24 - Friendships - 2-point challenge, plus 1 hybrid point plus 1 new release (Splendid by KCB 8/7) - 4 points

#28 - bad hair day - 2 point challenge

Book of Me - 3 layouts for 5 points:
#32b Book of Me - Dream Job

#32c Book of Me - Celebrity Crush

#32e Book of Me - I'm Saving Money

Bonus challenge #1 (livelys - make a hybrid card) - 1 point challenge

Bonus challenge #2 (Libbysmommy - use 2 alphas in title) - 1 point challenge

36 points total month to date

Last edited by pkstew2; 09-04-2010 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:54 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Me!!!

Old 08-01-2010, 06:56 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My spot
Old 08-01-2010, 06:58 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Total points for August - 30

#7 Two of you (just!) - 1pt

#12 Teen crush - 1 pt; NR - 1pt
(Eva Kippler Fresh and Fanciful, Heather Roselli Boyz are Weird, released 31/7/10, layout created 6/8/10)

#17 - 30 minutes - 1pt; NR - 1pt

(Zoe Pearn Homespun and Dani Mogstad Tikichic released 31/7/10, layout creat 6/8/10)

#21 I want you to know - 2pts; NR - 1pt
(Janet Phillips templates 56 released 7 August, layout 9 August)

#24 Special friendship - 2pts

#26 Wishes 1pt - hybrid 1pt

#29 Book cover inspiration - 2pts: New Release - 1pt
(Naturally You by Kristin Cronin-Barrow released 14 August, layout created 18 August)

book cover used as inspiration:

#30 Ultimate paper challenge - one five papers no patterns (second) and one five patterned papers and no solids (first) 2 pts plus 1 pt New Release (Naturally You kit released 14th August, first layout created 18th August)

blog bonus 1 - 1pt

blog bonus 2 - 1pt

#33 Hybrid mini album - 10 pts

Total points for August - 30

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save

Last edited by fruitysuet; 09-04-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:00 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Task 1 - Lift of Sasha's Fruit Pops (1 point!)

Task 3 - Using txt talk for title and journalling (1 point!)

Task 32c - My Celeb Crush

Last edited by Ebony; 08-15-2010 at 06:43 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot!

My BLOG & Adventures In Wonderland

Old 08-01-2010, 07:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1 -1 pt + 1 NR pt - Lift a layout by Sasha Bliss, our Treat of the Month for August, and get to know her better in this month's special feature. (Splendid by Kristin CB, 8/10)

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=146868

Inspired by http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/...oments&cat=all

7 - 1 pt + 1 NR pt - Two of You: create a page with the same photo used at least twice. (Hall Pass, Melissa Bennett, 8/7)

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=146519

8 - 1 pt - The August A list - scrap a layout using a one word title that begins with the letter A.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=146643

13 - 1 pt - Paper 2 Digi - Gumpgirl

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=146561

Inspired by http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/2...66165/0/1.html

15 - 1 pt - Summer Lovin' happened so fast - what did you fall in love with this summer?

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=147887

16 - 1 pt - What's your number? Scrap a layout with a number in the title!

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=147995

17 - 1 pt + 1 NR pt - Pick out a photo or two, then set your timer for 30 minutes and scrap. See what kind of page you can create in half an hour, and finished or not share it with us when the timer goes off. No cheating!
(You Can Be My Cowgirl by Misty Cato, 8/14)

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=147209

21 - 2 pts - "I want you to know...." - create a layout with thought-provoking journaling that includes and finishes this statement. Thanks to Jaclyn Bernardo for the inspiring idea!

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=146768

23 - 2 pts - We love these 20 great stitched Panorama examples on the Digital Photography Schools website. Use these 8 Guidelines to taking Panoramic Photos and this how-to on creating a panorama with Photoshop and Photomerge to take and create a panoramic photo to use on a layout.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=146565

27 - 2 pts - Use the inspiration at the fabulous blog 5 questions as inspiration to interview and scrap 5 questions about someone you love.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...82&ppuser=1462

29 - 2pts - Book Cover Challenge - Pick a book and use the design on the cover as inspiration to scrap a page. Don't forget to share the original cover you used as inspiration when you post this one in your portfolio!

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=147783

Inspired by http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...283155&s=books

Portfolio bonus #2 (1 pt + 1 NR pt, Love Me by Misty & Shawna, 8/21)

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=148514

Total points = 20

Last edited by Kara; 08-21-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Thumbs up

I'm new to the community but this looks like such a great idea - I thought I would give it a go. Can't believe how much hard work everyone has put into this. Wish I had discovered it sooner.

9. Journal from the point of view of someone or something other than yourself - The Easter Bunny! 1 pt
New Releases Liella Designs Happy Camper, JBillingsley Smartchic DBaldwin Maggie Boone 1pt Released 14th August Posted 16th August

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...-Hunt-copy.jpg

19. Tag your it. Use an abundance of tags in your layout 1pt

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...-tags-copy.jpg

No. 23 Take and create a panoramic photo to use on a layout - the lake at our wedding venue. 2 points plus 1 pt NR Kristen Cronin Barrow Splendid released 7th August. Posted 10th August

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...rfect-copy.jpg

No 33. Create a uniquely Shaped Mini Scrapbook 10 points + 1 Point NR Kristin Cronin Barrow The reason why. Released 31July Posted 05 August.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...576-upload.jpg

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...All-upload.jpg

Points - 14
NR - 3
Total - 17

Last edited by Sonia; 08-16-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. TOTM Lift of Best Friends Forever 1 pt. + 1 NR pt. for Live For Every Moment by Shauren

2. Tilt It - 1 pt. + 1 NR pt. for Boy Oh Boy by Melissa Bennett

7. Two of You - 1 pt. + 1 NR pt. for At Summer's End by Traci Reed

13. P2D Lift of Gumpgirl's LO Mother/Daughter Banquet 1 pt. + 1 NR pt. for Hall Pass by Melissa Bennett

16. What's Your Number? 1 pt. + 1 NR pt. for Who's In School 2010 by Penny Springmann

17. 30 minute scrap - 1 pt.

20. "Of the Year" 1 pt.

Total: 12 pts.

Last edited by HeatherKS; 08-25-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:13 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Total pts = 32pts

my spot
#1 TOTM (Inspired by Sasha temp by Darcy, posted 8/8) 1pt +1NRpt = 2pts

#2 Tilt It (Another Galaxy by Traci and Julie, posted 8/3) 1pt + 1NRpt = 2pts

#7 Two of you: use the same photo two or more times 1pt

#8 one word "A" title (Come Together by Melissa Bennett, posted 8/1) 1pt + 1NRpt = 2pts

#13 Paper 2 Digi... Lifted: She... by Gumpgirl 1pt

#15 Summer Lovin' (Beach Bound by Eva Kipler posted 8/6, released 8/7) 1pt +1NRpt = 2pts

#17 30 min layout (Fresh and Fanciful by Eva Kipler, posted 8/2) 1pt + 1NRpt = 2pts

#18 Back to School 1pt

#20 "...of the year" 1pt

#21 "I want you to know..." 2pts

#24 - "Wherever we are, it is our friends that make our world -Henry Drummond" 2pts

#30 - one layout w/ 5 patterned papers and one layout w/ 5 solid papers 2pts

#31 Elvis titles 3 layouts for 5pts

#32 - Book of Me 5pts
b) dream job...

d)If I could change one thing...

e) saving money for...

Blog Bonus #2 - Title w/ 2 alphas 1pt

Blog Bonus #3 - Zoe Pearn recipe 1pt

5NR used

Last edited by heathergw; 09-04-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:15 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

total points: 31

1 - Lift a layout by Sasha Bliss, our Treat of the Month for August, and get to know her better in this month's special feature.
1 pt. + 1 pt NR (Inspired by Sasha Templates)

1 pt + 1 pt NR (Fee Jardine Bliss)

3 - Use "text-talk" for the titling & journaling on a page... will you be able to read it in 20 years?
1 pt.

4 - Madonna's birthday is on the 16th! Scrap a page inspired by the music icon.
1 pt

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...88&ppuser=1264

1 pt + 1 pt. NR (Tuff n Stuff 8/14)

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...91&ppuser=1264

8 - The August A list - scrap a layout using a one word title that begins with the letter A
1 pt/

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=147534

[b]10 - My front porch looking in - scrap your house from the outside looking in.
1 pt + 1 pt NR (Zoe's Summer Days)

12 - The stars of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody turn 17 on August 4th and Joe Jonas turns 20 on the 15th. Scrap your child's pre-teen love or if you're brave, your own.
1 pt.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...92&ppuser=1264

13 - Paper 2 Digi - Gumpgirl
I lifted Gumpgirl's Boat Memories

16 - What's your number? Scrap a layout with a number in the title!
1 pt

17 - Pick out a photo or two, then set your timer for 30 minutes and scrap. See what kind of page you can create in half an hour, and finished or not share it with us when the timer goes off. No cheating!
1 pt + 1 pt.NR (darcy's font)

20 - Use "______ of the Year" (Mom, Baker, Daredevil, etc.) as the title on a layout and go all out telling the story about why the title is perfect for you or a loved one.
1 pt.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=147632

21 - "I want you to know...." - create a layout with thought-provoking journaling that includes and finishes this statement. Thanks to Jaclyn Bernardo for the inspiring idea!
2 pts.

30 - The Ultimate Paper Challenge - Scrap two different layouts - 1 which has 5 papers but NO patterns and 1 with 5 papers but NO solids!
2 pts

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...15&ppuser=1264
32c - My celebrity crush is...

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=148630
[b]32d - If I could change one thing..

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...55&ppuser=1264

31 pts.

Last edited by emmasmommy; 09-04-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'll have the whole month this time - not just one week!

Total points: 31

#2 Tilt it!
1 pt

#7 Two of you
1 pt

#8 the August A-list
1 pt

#16 What's your number?
1 pt + 1 NR pt = 2 pts ('DJB Maggie Boone' released on 8/14; layout uploaded on 8/14)

#17 - 30 minutes
1 pt + 1 NR pt = 2 pts ('The Reason Why' released on 7/31; layout uploaded on 8/5)

#27 - '5 questions' inspiration
2 pts

#29 Book Cover Challenge
2 pts + 1 NR pt = 3 pts ('Busted!' released on 8/8; layout uploaded on 8/9)

#31 Elvis song titles
5 pts
inspiration songs: "Teardrops", "Life", and "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face"

#33 hybrid mini-album
10 pts

This is for my son to help him learn the Boy Scout things he needs to memorize this year.

bonus #1 hybrid card
1 pt + 1 NR pt = 2 pts ('Splendid' released on 8/7; photo uploaded on 8/10)
Believe it or not, this is the card I used as inspiration...

I had all sorts of squares cut out and was moving them around on the card, but nothing looked right. I ended up using the 'happy birthday' and the three flowers and scraps of the printed paper to finish the card.

bonus #2 Title with 2 alphas
1 pt + 1 NR pt = 2 pts ('Naturally You' released on 8/14; layout uploaded on 8/14)

Total: 31 points
base points - 26
new release points - 5
hybrid points - 0

Last edited by KateD; 09-04-2010 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

my spot!

1 - Lift a layout by Sasha Bliss, our Treat of the Month for August, and get to
know her better in this month's special feature. - 1 point + 1 NR Point (The Reasons Why Kit - KCB and Meg Mullins Collab posted Aug2, 2010) = 2 points

7 - Two of You: create a page with the same photo used at least twice. - 1 point + 1 for NR (Naturally You - Kristen CroninBarrow Posted August 16, 2010) = 2 Points

8 - The August A list - scrap a layout using a one word title that begins with the letter A. - 1 point

12 - The stars of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody turn 17 on August 4th and Joe Jonas turns 20 on the 15th. Scrap your child's pre-teen love or if you're brave, your own. - 1 point + 1 Point for NR Anything you can do - Eva Kipler (Posted August 19, 2010) = 2 points

24 - “Wherever we are, it is our friends that make our world.” - Henry Drummond. Scrap a layout about the friendships which mean the most to you. - 2 points + 1 Point NR (Lean On Me by Kristin Cronin-Barrow and Shawna Clingerman Posted Aug 22,2010) = 3 Points

31 - The King of Rock-N-Roll died on August 16, 1977. Use his song titles as inspiration to create three layouts to earn 5 points. - 5 points
1. Brown Eyed Handsome Man

33 - Shaped Mini Albums - think outside the box for this month's mini album hybrid challenge and create a uniquely shaped album that's at least 5 double sided pages. - 10 Points

Bonus Challenge #1 - This week your challenge is to create your very own Hybrid Card inspired by Sara’s Gallery at SSD. 1 point + 1 point for NR for Week 2 Summer Samplers (posted on August 9, 2010) = 2 points

Bonus Challenge #3 - This week your challenge is a Sweet Shoppe Recipe Challenge:* neutral background paper * 1 small b/w photo * 1 brush * stitching somewhere on your page * 1 block of journaling somewhere on your page - 1 Point

16 point primary challenges
2 points bonus challenges
5 points NR
0 points hybrid
Total Points = 23

Last edited by LoriJ; 08-30-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1 - Lift a layout by Sasha Bliss I chose Little Miss Mischief (1pt)

2 - Tilt It! (1pt)

3 - Use “text-talk” (1pt)

7 - Two of You: create a page with the same photo used at least twice (1pt)

13 - Paper 2 Digi (1pt)
Started out using It Still Amazes Me...

15 - Summer Lovin’ happened so fast (1pt + 1pt NR Learning Curve 8/7)

16 - What’s your number? Scrap a layout with a number in the title! (1pt)

17 - Pick out a photo or two, then set your timer for 30 minutes and scrap. (1pt + 1pt NR Cozy Blue Jeans 8/15)

23 - We love these 20 great stitched Panorama (2pts + 1pt NR Waiting for Somthing 8/7)

30 - The Ultimate Paper Challenge (2pts)
5 papers but NO solids-

5 papers but NO patterns

Total- 15pt

Last edited by Milmomma; 08-31-2010 at 02:43 AM.