Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Nooooooooooo!!!!!! Not right before DSD :(

There goes my DSD budget. I was thinking "yes! After I pay this one bill, I can get spendy this DSD."

Leave it to my car to decide otherwise.

$229.78 MINIMUM in repair costs. Dang it!
I guess the spark plugs needed to be replaced. Twice. And I had no idea... so the guy at the shop is going to replace them. Then he's going to make a list of maintenance he wants me to do in the near future, but he "knows it's expensive, so space it out, as it's affordable, and take care of the bare minimum to get it/keep it running right now."

Thank goodness. Seriously. What a sweetheart. Last place I took it wanted to charge me for a zillion things I couldn't afford, and was giving me multi-thousand dollar estimates. For someone who only makes $400/month... that's a killer.

Anyway. There goes my DSD budget. That's most of my income, and once you figure I need gas, and have that bill to pay... I'll be lucky if I get to spend $10 this weekend.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 11-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Awww.. so sorry about the car...
I should probably save too, next month I have car bills to pay too...

**hugs**

All About ME
Old 11-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I hear ya, girl. My retainer (Yes, I still wear one. ) broke a few weeks ago, and it cost me $275 when I picked up the new one yesterday. I've also been having car problems, and the Honda dealership wants $400 to fix it. Sigh... When it rains, it pours, right?

Hope you can still get a few things on your WL. And, there's always Black Friday to look forward to. Woot!
Old 11-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That sucks. *hugs*

Old 11-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Well there are sure to be tons of freebies around digi land so you will still get the thrill of new goodies and look on the bright side, Black Friday is *JUST* around the corner and maybe you can squirrel away a few dollors before then!!!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 11-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry about that. Isn't it always the way, you think you have a surplus and boom, something breaks down.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to yari

Well better that it happened before DSD because you had the money for it. If it would have happened after DSD, maybe you would have wished you still had the money. ? But sorry that happened.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

we just got our car fixed and the bill today was $702.35.No shopping here BUT at least I have a way to work
Old 11-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

sorry to hear about your car, but there will be LOTS of giveaways, games and chances to win this weekend...so don't despair yet! And I bet that $10 will go a looonnnnggggg way this weeken I just have to spend $497 on tires for my van, so I completely feel your pain
Old 11-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

is he charging you 229 dollars to change your spark plugs?

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 11-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica31876 View Post
is he charging you 229 dollars to change your spark plugs?
$79 for the diagnostic (I called around... every place was around this price), plus money for parts, labor, etc, on new valve cover, spark plugs, a tune up, work on the ignition coils, etc, totals out to $300.57. I just talked to a friend who had the SAME thing happen to his car, and went to another place... and they charged him over $1000, so I don't feel too horrible.

My boyfriend said that for him to fix it, parts alone for the issues with my car would have been close to that, so this was truly the most affordable route. The guy at the shop said there was more maintenance he'd love to do on my car, but he knows it's not affordable, so he's making a list of things that should be done in the next year, in order of importance, to keep my car running longer.

I'm lucky I haven't had many issues beforehand... I don't know anything about cars, and haven't really gotten maintenance done on it at all. I know that's not responsible, but I'm freakin' clueless. I've just now learned how to do a lot more maintenance, and the importance of it, in the recent months, and now I'm working a lot more on it.

I got my car in 06, but it's an 02.... I've had relatively few problems with it. But I need it to last me a lot longer, which means I need to start getting the maintenance done that it needs...

New Siggy Coming Soon