Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-01-2018, 06:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Amber's store closing

I'm sure many others are asking themselves the same questions.

Will all of Amber's collabs disappear from the store since hers is closing? Or will they stay in the other designers' store?

I'm thinking of Flergs and Amber's amazing Disney collabs that I never got a chance to grab...
Old 06-01-2018, 06:22 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I had the same question. I can buy her solo kits in my wish list, but I’m not sure I can get all the believe in magic ones I haven’t yet bought this month. Such a tragic loss
Old 06-01-2018, 06:42 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

You may have already seen in the newsletter, but Amber's personal store will be closing at the end of June...you can see the details here

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/i...-you-can-help/
Old 06-01-2018, 06:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica zane View Post
You may have already seen in the newsletter, but Amber's personal store will be closing at the end of June...you can see the details here

Yes that's what I was referring to. But it doesn't talk about collabs and they usually go away if a designer leaves the store, right?
Old 06-01-2018, 06:49 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Ah sorry, I read too fast. Sometimes but not always, this is just such a different situation...
Old 06-01-2018, 06:56 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica zane View Post

I am sorry, but I don't think the info there answers OP's main question as well as mine....

The link provided on the newsletter shows about 26 pages of her solo+collab work.
While her store link, located on the left sidebar, shows 16 pages of her solo/personal work.

I want her BIM and also her KCB collabs too but I don't think I will be able to afford all I want in that short period of time u_u
Old 06-01-2018, 07:10 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I know, sorry - I just read it too fast & thought the question was about both parts, so I was answering the part I knew
Old 06-01-2018, 07:31 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Hi ladies,

Unfortunately, we don't have the legal right to sell Amber's designs for an indefinite amount of time, so I anticipate that her collabs will be removed from her store when that time comes. This is an incredibly complex and difficult decision, but it's one that I feel is in the best interest of our store and the designers who remain here.

While I do believe that Amber would have wanted the Believe In Magic series to remain available in Flergs' store, we do not have those wishes in writing, so sadly, I feel it is in our best interest to let them go.

I do hope that you can appreciate and understand that this is a much more complex situation than simply selling her products forever as many of us wish we could do.

Thanks so much for your understanding,

Robin
Old 06-01-2018, 07:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks, Robin
While it's not the answer we would like to hear, I'm sure it's been a very difficult and well thought out process.
It's probably a good reminder for us to have things written out as far as what we would like to have happen when we are gone (I guess I think about it more as I've gotten older).
Old 06-01-2018, 07:47 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

How does it work with using her kits for challenge layouts in the future?
Old 06-01-2018, 07:47 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Hi ladies,

Unfortunately, we don't have the legal right to sell Amber's designs for an indefinite amount of time, so I anticipate that her collabs will be removed from her store when that time comes. This is an incredibly complex and difficult decision, but it's one that I feel is in the best interest of our store and the designers who remain here.

While I do believe that Amber would have wanted the Believe In Magic series to remain available in Flergs' store, we do not have those wishes in writing, so sadly, I feel it is in our best interest to let them go.

I do hope that you can appreciate and understand that this is a much more complex situation than simply selling her products forever as many of us wish we could do.

Thanks so much for your understanding,

Robin
Thank you for all the hard work you do, Robin. We do understand. Saw that reason coming after reading the court decided to close her paypal after that date.

I will forever treasure and embrace her kits knowing they were made with such passion and love for designing and preserving memories.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:53 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Maddie. The court isn't involved yet, however, having lost my mom at the end of 2016, I am familiar with how the estate process works. A member of Amber and Larry's family will need to petition the court to be the administrator of their estate to execute their wishes. At that time, whoever the court agrees is the rightful executor of their estate will be able to close the paypal account associated with Amber's designs and paypal will then pay her estate the funds earned over the next 30 days. Hope that makes sense.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:42 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Hi everyone, Robin & I have been discussing what will happen with the Believe in Magic collections.

This was a 3 year journey with Amber, over 60 collections together.

We are still deciding what will happen in the future, but all of the Believe in Magic scoops as they are now will be gone forever when Amber's store closes. They will not be sold in their current form in my store or elsewhere in the future.

Thanks so much for your understanding ♥
Old 06-01-2018, 09:06 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by flergs View Post
Hi everyone, Robin & I have been discussing what will happen with the Believe in Magic collections.

This was a 3 year journey with Amber, over 60 collections together.

We are still deciding what will happen in the future, but all of the Believe in Magic scoops as they are now will be gone forever when Amber's store closes. They will not be sold in their current form in my store or elsewhere in the future.

Thanks so much for your understanding ♥
So sad to read this, but it is understandable.
Thanks for this one last chance to buy all those as full kits and collections.

Hope you gather strength from all the memories made in all those years of friendship with Amber, Meg.

Lots of hugs.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:24 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I just put all the Amber Shaw kits I had in my wish list into my cart to get an idea of how much. It's $300. I can't buy that much. Just a testament to how amazing of a designer she was.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:29 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I just put all the Amber Shaw kits I had in my wish list into my cart to get an idea of how much. It's $300. I can't buy that much. Just a testament to how amazing of a designer she was.
Same here, my cart was at 670 approx and now I am narrowing it down. Still it is 563...

Seeing all the kits, I can't afford* but I do want, gone is going to be painful.

*Dollar exchange where I live is 2x
Old 06-02-2018, 08:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I've decided to buy something every week. And hope that I can at least get the things that are highest on my list before the end of the month!

Old 06-02-2018, 12:31 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
I've decided to buy something every week. And hope that I can at least get the things that are highest on my list before the end of the month!
I think that is a good plan Kiana. Amber wouldn't have wanted anyone to over-extend on their budget or do more than they could do.

Regarding a sale... we do not plan on discounting Amber's products at this time as personally, I feel a sale trivializes her loss down to a simple promotion which doesn't feel appropriate to me.

Regarding challenges... Amber's products will be welcome on pages created for our challenges throughout the remainder of the year.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks all for your replies... I will have to pick very carefully what I will purchase.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
That is a great plan!!
Old 06-02-2018, 05:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you for updating us, Robin!

I know how you guys feel. I was on her team and still ended up spending $200 or so. And there was still more that I wanted but really had to narrow things down.

It really was a hard choice. Even harder knowing they or anything new from Amber won't grace the store again. She is so missed.
Old 06-02-2018, 07:56 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Robin, is it at all possible, given how prolific Amber was and the fact that it will ultimately lead to more money for her family, that her store be extended through till the end of summer that way it will give people more time to purchase more of her kits? This is a shock to everyone and she has so many kits that people want to get but it truly is a lot to try and purchase at one time, especially this time of year.
Old 06-02-2018, 08:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

I'm thankful that I had some extra cash right now so that I could purchase a few of Amber's collections. Even so, I had to narrow down my options.... there's so much beauty in her work. <3
Old 06-02-2018, 08:24 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by guikrazy View Post
Robin, is it at all possible, given how prolific Amber was and the fact that it will ultimately lead to more money for her family, that her store be extended through till the end of summer that way it will give people more time to purchase more of her kits? This is a shock to everyone and she has so many kits that people want to get but it truly is a lot to try and purchase at one time, especially this time of year.
Hi there,

Because similar questions have come in via email, I'll just go ahead and share my thoughts here.

While I can appreciate what you guys are saying on a personal level, an executor to her estate has not been named at this time, and may not be named for many weeks to come. It is because of this that we’ve made the decision that we have.

We simply do not have the legal authority to sell Amber's products indefinitely. Once an executor has been named officially, they will be able to access and distribute the income she earns over the next 30 days without Sweet Shoppe Designs being held accountable for the “rightful” party getting those funds. At this time, the rightful party is Amber’s estate which is what we are choosing to honor.

I’d ask that you trust us that a great deal of thought has gone into this decision, and that we're doing the best that we can under incredibly difficult circumstances while trying to support the family's wishes for fundraising efforts in any way that we can.

Thanks for your understanding,

Robin
Old 06-02-2018, 09:58 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Closing this thread as I believe we've answered these kinds of questions the best way we can at this point. Thanks for your understanding sweet friends.