Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-20-2018, 01:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Your Username

Sometimes as I'm going through the gallery, I often wonder "why is that their username" or "what does their username mean?" There are a lot of creative usernames and it got me wondering, where did you come up with your username? How long has it been your username and is this your username everywhere in the digi-world or just something specific to here at SSD?

Old 06-20-2018, 01:12 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Almost 20 years ago I was looking for something "cool" to use as my user name. Then it was cool to mix numbers in place of words. I came up with this and it was already take so I had to add m for my name. This is never taken so as cheesy as it is now, it's what I use.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
Almost 20 years ago I was looking for something "cool" to use as my user name. Then it was cool to mix numbers in place of words. I came up with this and it was already take so I had to add m for my name. This is never taken so as cheesy as it is now, it's what I use.
Don't you hate it when a username is taken and you have to add on to it!! I love your name and when I see you in the gallery/forum I always think Lovey from Gilligan's Island who was married to Mr. Howell. I know your username isn't "lovey", but that's what I think of when I see you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwany1999 View Post
Mine's a name I use everywhere. And i've been using it for close to 20 years. gwany1999

It stands for - Grand Worthy Advsior NY 1999

Picture from 1999

I am part of a youth organization www.nyiorg.org or www.gorainbow.org

In 1999 I was head of the state and traveled around the country promoting the organization. I'm now an advisor and my daughter is a member.
Wow!! That's awesome!! I love how you came up with your name. I love the experience you've had with this organization and how you passed it on to your daughter!

If you haven't already, I think you should scrap it because it's a neat story!
Old 06-20-2018, 03:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Mine's not all that original.... hub's last name is King and I'm the center of his world (though I had to share the throne when our girls were born..lol) so I'm his Queen. 82 is my birth year. This is the same username you'll see me use everywhere except TLP where for some reason I have a different name... it's been so long I don't remember the why about that but it's ScrappyHappy82 there. That one is embarrassing but I don't want to start over new in the forums so I leave it be.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think mine is pretty self explanatory.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

mine is probably self explanatory, lol

my nickname is Adi (aydee) and i scrap about my 3 kids (the company part) adi&co

Old 06-20-2018, 05:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm from Texas and my name is Corey. Corey is always already taken so I added the TX in front of it. I'm terrible at coming up with catchy names, so TXCorey it is. I pretty much use that everywhere.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't know... SSD was the first place I needed a username... haha. I didn't want to use my real name... and I'd see others with mama2anne or something... we didn't now that we would just have one... so I picked MamaBee (B for Beck short for Rebecca even though only my mom and husband call me Beck... most call me Reba)... B seemed to short, so I add two ees.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've used mine everywhere for 21 years. :0 I started using it right after college, when I had AOL (dial up, of course!) and needed something I could use as my email address. Rach for Rachel, 97 and 5 for May 1997, when I graduated/rented my first apartment/got AOL. I can't remember why the 3. I know I needed an 8 character name for early forums, but I don't know why I chose 3.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2018, 08:17 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

It is my first name. I know it's weird and people from other countries can't pronounce it well and honestly it doesn't represent me at all. When I first joined the first digi forum, I thought it needed to be like my paypal account registered email otherwise I couldn't buy. But little did I know it doesn't have to be the same lol

I always use my nickname as my username on social media and other accounts. Maddie or Maddiesh. The short and cute form of my third name: Madai. And I'm willing to change all my accounts to that one because I don't like my first name. /sighs

Last edited by imperio; 06-20-2018 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine is pretty easy to figure out, I’m Ella and my gallery is my space ;P
Old 06-20-2018, 09:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My unoriginal username goes way back too- amie + my maiden name initial + 1- because amien was already taken!
Old 06-20-2018, 09:44 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Mine is a combination of the first 5 characters of my surname & my initial S.
It was created for me as my school ID login when I studied in Australia in 1999. I use it almost everywhere and it's read nee+eh+tees (at least that's how I read it in my head), if you're wondering
Old 06-20-2018, 10:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
mine is probably self explanatory, lol

my nickname is Adi (aydee) and i scrap about my 3 kids (the company part) adi&co
I often wondered about your "&co" in your name. I assumed it was your kiddos, but I wasn't completely sure!
Old 06-20-2018, 10:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
It is my first name. I know it's weird and people from other countries can't pronounce it well and honestly it doesn't represent me at all. When I first joined the first digi forum, I thought it needed to be like my paypal account registered email otherwise I couldn't buy. But little did I know it doesn't have to be the same lol

I always use my nickname as my username on social media and other accounts. Maddie or Maddiesh. The short and cute form of my third name: Madai. And I'm willing to change all my accounts to that one because I don't like my first name. /sighs
I had no idea that was your first name! I love it and wondered what it meant. Now I know!! I think it's beautiful...but then again, I'm probably not saying it correctly. But in my head (home), it's a beautiful name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Mine is a combination of the first 5 characters of my surname & my initial S.
It was created for me as my school ID login when I studied in Australia in 1999. I use it almost everywhere and it's read nee+eh+tees (at least that's how I read it in my head), if you're wondering
I wondered about yours as well!! I also just realized tonight that your name ISN'T Sheryl, but Sherly. This whole time, I've totally spelled it and pronounced it wrong. I'm so sorry!! I know you, know who you are, just wasn't tracking the yl/ly in your name! I'm so sorry!!
Old 06-20-2018, 10:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Mine is the first initial of my boys' and my first names. Short, sharp and I can type it in a millisecond!
Old 06-20-2018, 10:56 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm not sure why I chose mine??? Just 'yep' that's my name. LOL

Old 06-20-2018, 11:24 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I had no idea that was your first name! I love it and wondered what it meant. Now I know!! I think it's beautiful...but then again, I'm probably not saying it correctly. But in my head (home), it's a beautiful name!
The word "Imperio" translates into "Empire" in English language. Yep... my dad wanted it to be my name as it "compliments" my last name Luna (Moon).

I hated it when we got into History class and all kiddos picked on me and were telling me Mongolian Empire... Here "Mongol" is used as a derogatory form of calling someone with disabilities. /face palm

eem-pehih-oh, that's how it is pronounced.

I hated it, now I just... dislike it. I've learned how to live with it because of school, work, SSN and administrative stuff... but still if someone made me choose between Imperio and Maddie, I will easily pick Maddie.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:28 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I wondered about yours as well!! I also just realized tonight that your name ISN'T Sheryl, but Sherly. This whole time, I've totally spelled it and pronounced it wrong. I'm so sorry!! I know you, know who you are, just wasn't tracking the yl/ly in your name! I'm so sorry!!
It's totally fine, Wendy. I've got called incorrectly so many times and my names got misspelled plenty too; Sheryl, Shierly, Shirley, etc...
Old 06-20-2018, 11:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
The word "Imperio" translates into "Empire" in English language. Yep... my dad wanted it to be my name as it "compliments" my last name Luna (Moon).

I hated it when we got into History class and all kiddos picked on me and were telling me Mongolian Empire... Here "Mongol" is used as a derogatory form of calling someone with disabilities. /face palm

eem-pehih-oh, that's how it is pronounced.

I hated it, now I just... dislike it. I've learned how to live with it because of school, work, SSN and administrative stuff... but still if someone made me choose between Imperio and Maddie, I will easily pick Maddie.
Kids (and adults) can be SO mean. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that growing up. No wonder why you don't like your name. It's funny that you say you don't like your name. I did a layout a while back about how I hate my made-up name (Wendy is not my real name).

I was kind of close to how you pronounce your name. Now that I know how it sounds, it sounds very romantic flowing off the tongue---I told you I really liked your name!
Old 06-20-2018, 11:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine is just a play off our last name. When we were dating I heard some girls call my husband and his brother ( who was also his room mate ), the sexy bexy boys. The bexy part stuck.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexy View Post
Mine is just a play off our last name. When we were dating I heard some girls call my husband and his brother ( who was also his room mate ), the sexy bexy boys. The bexy part stuck.
that's really cute!
Old 06-21-2018, 12:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My first user name was at ebay ... I love to "scrap" and "purple" is one of my fav colors (not royal purple though ). It worked perfectly when i started digital scrapping.

Last edited by scrappurple; 06-21-2018 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:21 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Nixenkind is German for "Mermaid's child". Since I live very close to the sea, it seemed fitting...
Old 06-21-2018, 02:41 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Mine is sooooo original. Just my name + last name initial.

I've been known to use natgoofy at times for some forums or ncdigi. Goofy is my favorite Disney character!
Old 06-21-2018, 03:00 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Mine is the name of our yacht - Swan82, 82 is for length feet, not related to my birth year ))
Old 06-21-2018, 06:19 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Mine isn't original either.

My first name is Joanne and my brother calls me 'J', not Jo like most people but just an initial. That was too short for a forum so I just spelled it the way it sounded 'jaye' and I was too lazy to make the j uppercase .

I'm jaye everywhere except one site and there I am jaye4 (4 is my favourite number). Have the username since I started 10 years ago or so.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've always liked fairytales plus was one of a zillion jennifers of that era...so NeverendingJen it is.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine is just my first name lol
Old 06-21-2018, 11:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Mine's just my name. With a name that unusual, there's no need to worry about there being another one around.

This is supposedly who I'm named after as someone/a character that my biological father liked:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fireball_500

My mom changed it to '-dra' to be more feminine. Her middle name is Lee so that is also why. She has never explained the second capital letter despite being asked multiple times. She just shrugs her shoulders.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixenkind View Post
Nixenkind is German for "Mermaid's child". Since I live very close to the sea, it seemed fitting...
I love this!! I'm sure my 14-year old who is obsessed with mermaids and has been since she was itty bitty would as well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan82 View Post
Mine is the name of our yacht - Swan82, 82 is for length feet, not related to my birth year ))
I was SO off...thought it was your birth year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
Mine isn't original either.

My first name is Joanne and my brother calls me 'J', not Jo like most people but just an initial. That was too short for a forum so I just spelled it the way it sounded 'jaye' and I was too lazy to make the j uppercase .

I'm jaye everywhere except one site and there I am jaye4 (4 is my favourite number). Have the username since I started 10 years ago or so.
We call our daughter "Bay" or "B", some days even "Rosie" A lot of her friends call her "B" as well since they forget how to say Baleigh (prn bailey)

So I wonder if when she does the screenname thing she'll do some form of B, like "Bee" or something
Old 06-21-2018, 12:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverendingJen View Post
I've always liked fairytales plus was one of a zillion jennifers of that era...so NeverendingJen it is.
I often wondered if it had to do with there being a lot of Jens. I feel that way with the Wendys. When I was at ScrapMatters, they'd talk about Wendy and I'd be like "I'm the oldest, the other Wendy needs to go by something else". SM closed down, went to SO and Wendy was still there!! Thought I'd shake the extra Wendy by coming here and Wendy P came on the design team!!

Never met a SINGLE Wendy until I started scrapbooking! Now they are EVERYWHERE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
Mine's just my name. With a name that unusual, there's no need to worry about there being another one around.

This is supposedly who I'm named after as someone/a character that my biological father liked:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fireball_500

My mom changed it to '-dra' to be more feminine. Her middle name is Lee so that is also why. She has never explained the second capital letter despite being asked multiple times. She just shrugs her shoulders.
I like your version of the name instead of Leander. Never heard of that movie though. Might have to tell my husband to watch it for me (I have the attention span of a two-year old when it comes to movies)
Old 06-21-2018, 01:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

You never told us your version Wendy?

I made up a name I liked when I was younger. Luan. When Internet and chat rooms became a thing I was luan. Pronounce Loo-Ann.

37 is the department of Indre et Loire where I grew up in France.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I love this!! I'm sure my 14-year old who is obsessed with mermaids and has been since she was itty bitty would as well!!

I was SO off...thought it was your birth year!

We call our daughter "Bay" or "B", some days even "Rosie" A lot of her friends call her "B" as well since they forget how to say Baleigh (prn bailey)

So I wonder if when she does the screenname thing she'll do some form of B, like "Bee" or something
I call her B because it's easier to type (and I don't have to worry about typing it wrong!) But when I physically talk to/about her I say her full name!

My best friend growing up was named Brenda! I also called her "b" or little b. One night at college she was staying in my dorm, and she had to leave for a meeting. I forgot to tell her something before she left, and so I went running after her yelling "B!" I think people thought I was being chased by a bee!

Australia is my dream vacation and when I had to come up with a username when I first joined forums, that was the first one I thought of. I do have another one for when that one is taken- Photobee or photoscrappingbee. I like photography, I like scrapping, and the bee just got added on like a busy-bee!
Old 06-21-2018, 01:51 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

My username is a diminutive of my real name, Fiona.
In Dutch, most diminutive words end with a -je, -tje.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
My best friend growing up was named Brenda! I also called her "b" or little b. One night at college she was staying in my dorm, and she had to leave for a meeting. I forgot to tell her something before she left, and so I went running after her yelling "B!" I think people thought I was being chased by a bee!
You never told me that!! I bet people did think you were being chased by a bee and not actually calling for your friend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan37 View Post
You never told us your version Wendy?
I used to be Hystrix16--my husband's username on EVERYTHING because he set me up when he tried teaching me forums (funny, huh?). After the birth of my middle child, I started up a beading business and asked my Babyzone Mama's (ErinShannon is one of them) what I should call my business. They said to go off of Wendy and Peter Pan and came up with Neverland. When I created my first digital scrapbooking username, I continued with "Neverland" and added "scraps" because that's what I do!
Old 06-22-2018, 02:06 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Mine is nothing special.its my name and the place where i live.using it for years now
Old 06-22-2018, 01:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsQueen82 View Post
Mine's not all that original.... hub's last name is King and I'm the center of his world (though I had to share the throne when our girls were born..lol) so I'm his Queen. 82 is my birth year. This is the same username you'll see me use everywhere except TLP where for some reason I have a different name... it's been so long I don't remember the why about that but it's ScrappyHappy82 there. That one is embarrassing but I don't want to start over new in the forums so I leave it be.
Oh my goodness, Cassie... you just made me feel SO old!! Hubby graduated from high school in 82 & I graduated in 84
Old 06-22-2018, 02:04 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I have so loved reading everyone's stories behind their username. What fun. My is a nickname my husband gave me. My name is LaShawn and I love panda bears. From that he started calling me Shawn Bear. It kinda stuck. 15 years later he still calls me that in texts/emails.

I create for: Laura Wilkerson, Meagan's Creations & WendyP Designs ** Check out my Blog! **
Old 06-22-2018, 02:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What a great question, Wendy! I have really enjoyed reading all the answers. How fun to get to know more about everyone!!

Long ago in a place far, far away, I did calligraphy and designed cards. My best friend helped me come up with a business name - it was craftytam creations - "crafty" because I was always doing crafts of some form and "tam" because that is what family & friends call me.
When I started dabbling in digi, and needed a username craftytam seemed like the logical choice.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Mine is pretty much this everywhere. My name is Vanessa, lots of people call me "nesser" and 1981 is the year I was born.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
What a great question, Wendy! I have really enjoyed reading all the answers. How fun to get to know more about everyone!!

Long ago in a place far, far away, I did calligraphy and designed cards. My best friend helped me come up with a business name - it was craftytam creations - "crafty" because I was always doing crafts of some form and "tam" because that is what family & friends call me.
When I started dabbling in digi, and needed a username craftytam seemed like the logical choice.
Me too!! I always wonder what's behind everyone's usernames. I'm glad people enjoyed this one as well!!
Old 06-22-2018, 08:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Love this thread!

abm - my initials
234 - my husband use to be a police officer and this was his badge number

so many many years ago when we got our first email address we used abm234 so we were both "represented".
Old 06-23-2018, 03:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine couldn't be more basic if I tried haha. Gemma is my name and it was available when I first joined back in 2010
Old 06-24-2018, 02:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I use my designer name now, but when I first joined it was under Loriebug66. Loriebug or just Bug is my family knickname and 66 is my birth year. Pretty simple.

When I first started designing, for a really brief period, I used still used my initial LJS, but turned them into Let's Just Scrap. Realized it was hokey, couldn't come up with anything cool and just went with LJS Designs. I toyed with just using my name when I moved to SSD, but that seemed really grown up, so I stuck with what I had. LOL
Old 06-24-2018, 02:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I use my designer name now, but when I first joined it was under Loriebug66. Loriebug or just Bug is my family knickname and 66 is my birth year. Pretty simple.

When I first started designing, for a really brief period, I used still used my initial LJS, but turned them into Let's Just Scrap. Realized it was hokey, couldn't come up with anything cool and just went with LJS Designs. I toyed with just using my name when I moved to SSD, but that seemed really grown up, so I stuck with what I had. LOL
I imagine it might have been hard on your customers if you changed to your real name, rather than your design name!

One of these designers, I believe it's Grace Lee changed her name from when she came here. Whoever it is, I'm still trying to see what their "before" name was because I know I have product from them. It's so been a while since I tried investigating, but I think it's Grace. Wasn't she Bunny something? I don't know. Anyways, it's always hard on the customers when a designer goes through a name/brand change. I'm so used to one way and then something changes and I second guess everything!
Old 06-24-2018, 08:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Funnily enough Jacinda is almost always available in forums. My name was pretty rare in New Zealand growing up, but now our prime minister's name is Jacinda, so I hear it all the time. Still takes some getting used to though.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:42 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

One of these designers, I believe it's Grace Lee changed her name from when she came here. Whoever it is, I'm still trying to see what their "before" name was because I know I have product from them. It's so been a while since I tried investigating, but I think it's Grace. Wasn't she Bunny something? I don't know. Anyways, it's always hard on the customers when a designer goes through a name/brand change. I'm so used to one way and then something changes and I second guess everything!
Her brand was Hat of Bunny, now Grace Lee Designs
Old 06-24-2018, 09:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Her brand was Hat of Bunny, now Grace Lee Designs
I thought it was Hat of Bunny and I thought it was her!
Thank you for clearing that up for me! Now to search my stash for her previous name! Thank you!!
Old 06-24-2018, 09:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Mine is just my name but the silent "j" throws everyone off!!