Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-12-2018, 02:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Do you hold onto photos?

Just one of those random questions from me - do you find you hold onto photos (or vice versa hold on to kits) until you can find the right kit to scrap it with or do you just scrap and if another kit comes up just rescrap that photo again? Just curious over here.. like usual
Old 06-12-2018, 02:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Some photos from universal studios i hold onto because i hope there would come a new adventure kit for the photos.
Others i scrap.ans only remake them when a new kit comes out when i think that its gonna look better with the new kit
Old 06-12-2018, 03:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

If I'm in the mood to scrap a particular photo or need it for a book I'm trying to finish, then I'll find the best kit I can and use it. But I have soooo many photos waiting to be scrapped. If there's no reason to scrap that photo right away, I might keep it in my To Be Scrapped folder a while longer to see if a kit comes along and inspires me. Once it's scrapped, it's done. I don't re-do pages or I'd never finish a year/trip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2018, 03:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It depends. If I really don't have the right kit, or at least one I can make work, I will wait a little while. I like to play the "how can I make this kit work" game as much as possible. I'm more likely to hold onto photos to scrap than to buy kits I have no photos for at the time of purchase. I will re-scrap photos if I haven't already printed the book/ page and a better kit comes along. Or sometimes, if I've scrapped the event photos, I might make another page later that is more of a "moment" page.

Old 06-12-2018, 04:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I am a hoarder of all the things. Old photos...old kits...etc. I keep it all! lol
Old 06-12-2018, 04:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

No, I mean if I get to them as I'm working my way through Chronologically, I'll scrap them.

Some I will try to hold off scrapping until the very last minute, in hopes that the perfect kit will be created by the time I'm ready to scrap them.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Sometimes.

Sometimes I have very specific event photos -- like strawberry picking -- where I know someone at SSD will release a kit for it when it's the right season so I will hold off if I run across them in, say, January.

Sometimes I have very specific event photos -- like trampoline park pics -- where there's not a particular kit that's completely themed/meant for those type of photos. I know that I can scrap it with something similar but I decide to hold off in case something comes out that catches my eye.

I have several AAM kits that I love but just haven't used yet. I tend to hoard those until I have "just the right" selfie, and that doesn't just happen every day.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't really have a method to my scrapping.
I look through my past month's photo folder (I empty my phone on the first of every month) and scrap. Sometimes in order sometimes not.

I use kits that match in colors with my photos mostly. So sometimes it's a kit that has nothing to do with the theme of my photos. Unless I do CT work then I try to find photos that match the kit.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I scrap with whatever, I rarely hold on to photos because chances are I'd forget about them and never scrap them. I'm a chaotic scrapper, really! No rhyme or reason with me!
Old 06-12-2018, 08:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wait for the perfect kit to scrap many photos! Same at kits. I will hold onto a specific kit waiting for a perfect photo to scrap it with!
Old 06-12-2018, 09:21 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Ummm... sometimes. Most of the time I scrap them with kits that are completely irrelevant with the photos, but sometimes, if I get the perfect kit, I don't mind scrapping with the same photos again.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

When you say "hold onto" do you mean the alternative would be to totally delete the photos? I NEVER intentionally delete any photos (not counting the ones that are out of focus or just bad to start with). Maybe I'm entirely too nostalgic.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
When you say "hold onto" do you mean the alternative would be to totally delete the photos? I NEVER intentionally delete any photos (not counting the ones that are out of focus or just bad to start with). Maybe I'm entirely too nostalgic.
hold onto was probably the wrong word (we all know how awesome i am with getting my thoughts out.. haha)

I just meant do you hold off scrapping them (that's probably a better way to say it. maybe)
Old 06-13-2018, 01:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sometimes I do hold off but mostly I try to make kit/s/ work
If I have the pages already printed out in an album I never re-scrap them.
--
Mama to Albert
Old 06-13-2018, 02:02 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I dont have many photos so they get recycled. Although I have a few hoarded kits I'm "saving " for the perfect picture. You would think I was a paper scrapper previously with my "don't want to waste that awesome kit" mentality. But my brain cant reconcile that the perfect kit cam be reused (I reuse kits often too its silly I know )
Old 06-13-2018, 07:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Depends on the moment. If it's just an everyday thing I want to record, I'll make due with what I have. If it's a little more important then I will wait for the kit.

I have a ton of marching band photos from last year I'd love to scrap, but haven't found the perfect kit. With so many photos and how important it is to my daughter, I'm gonna wait for the right kit.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do tend to hold out until the right kit arrives, but sometimes I'll scrap them and then rescrap if a kit fits better. I'm still waiting on my long wish list of KCB kits to fit my pictures
Old 06-14-2018, 12:58 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
...do you find you hold onto photos (or vice versa hold on to kits) until you can find the right kit to scrap it with or do you just scrap and if another kit comes up just rescrap that photo again?
Yes, and yes ... unfortunately.

That's why, approaching my 10 year wedding anniversary, my wedding photos remain un-scrapped. I've not found a kit that's "just right". My colors were white and cornflower blue, we married in front of the stone fireplace of a friend's rustic log cabin style lakehouse, and used wildflowers and mason jars to decorate. Ten years I've been looking, and I haven't found the right kit yet.

Writing & creating (but mostly writing) for The Sweet Shoppe!
Old 06-14-2018, 11:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes! I hold onto photos until "just the right kit" comes along. It's mostly important photos - weddings, etc, but I LOVE when the perfect kit is released and I know that I have been sitting on the photos that will go with it!
Old 06-14-2018, 04:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

I hold on to photos until I find the perfect kit. There have been a few times I have re-scrapped some photos because I come across an even better kit.

Old 06-14-2018, 04:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, but often have to dig to find them when the right kit comes along ... just mirroring my life as in I’ll put this in a safe place, then poo I forgot where my safe place was lol I once lost a bunch of my expensive jewelry for several months.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:02 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasspace View Post
Yes, but often have to dig to find them when the right kit comes along ... just mirroring my life as in I’ll put this in a safe place, then poo I forgot where my safe place was lol I once lost a bunch of my expensive jewelry for several months.
That's so me! Not with photos, but with everything non-digital. I think that's why I like open shelving and things in closets instead of drawers. If I can't see it, I'll either forget it exists or forget what safe place I tucked it into.

We had to clear everything out of our main level last summer for paint and new floors. Most of it went down to the basement. Then to add to the chaos, we had water damage in the basement and had to move everything a second time (and throw a lot out). I have a few things that I put into a safe place upstairs, including an envelope with cash. I'm still trying to remember where I hid it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited by rach3975; 06-15-2018 at 09:08 AM.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:18 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'll tell myself I'm not "behind" then...just waiting for the right kit. Although, there's probably several perfect kits out there I just haven't scrapped often enough!
Old 06-17-2018, 12:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
hold onto was probably the wrong word (we all know how awesome i am with getting my thoughts out.. haha)

I just meant do you hold off scrapping them (that's probably a better way to say it. maybe)
Phew! Normally I don't take things so literally, lol
Old 06-17-2018, 10:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan37 View Post
I don't really have a method to my scrapping.
I look through my past month's photo folder (I empty my phone on the first of every month) and scrap. Sometimes in order sometimes not.

I use kits that match in colors with my photos mostly. So sometimes it's a kit that has nothing to do with the theme of my photos. Unless I do CT work then I try to find photos that match the kit.
This!!!

Old 06-17-2018, 10:37 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronesia View Post
I hold on to photos until I find the perfect kit. There have been a few times I have re-scrapped some photos because I come across an even better kit.
and this too

Old 06-17-2018, 12:20 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I definitely hold on to photos hoping for the best kit to come around. I need to actually go an organize my photos into scrapped/to be scrapped because I tend to find I'm drawn to the same photos over and over again.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hold on to photos for the perfect kit for sure. ACTUALLY I have my entire wishlist of kits matched up to photos I have so I know what I'll be scrapping when I get the chance to make a purchase.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

honestly, scrapping mojo is hard to come by for me now days, so I scrap whatever I feel like that the time. the only time i wait for the "perfect" kit is when the pics are themed and i need kit to match or something

Old 06-23-2018, 12:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I do! Even if it takes longer, I do. There are times when I'm thinking if I'm wasting my time waiting or what, but I feel like "this" photo is special and so I have to keep it and wait for the right kit before I scrap it (even though it's already on my pl).
Old 06-25-2018, 12:47 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I hoard them all.... photos and kits. But I did clean out my scrap kits last year and got rid of tons.... you'd never know cause there are still 750+ kits in there. I have decided not to keep the raw files from my dslr camera after I edit them, I do save all the jpegs.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes. There are some I have not scrapped because I haven't found the right kit. I actually think I found a kit for some of them, it just wasn't in the budget when I found it so I need to see if it is still available and purchase it soon. It was for pictures from the high school production of Music Man that my daughter was in. I didn't want anything plain and there aren't really any 'Music Man' themed kits. This one was a broadway type kit that seemed great for musicals in general.