Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-14-2018, 10:54 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Default Mojo went missing, reward offered if found...

I am getting frustrated and the more frustrated I get, my creative mojo runs further away. Of course this only makes me more frustrated aaaannd then we repeat. Ive literally looked through the store twice, been through countless galleries and other places several times. I took a timeout , played outside and Every time I settle on kit and/template it all goes running out the door like cookie monster chasing cookies. This is a huge mental therapy tool for me so if you see mojo or even just jo send her my way. Haha
Old 06-14-2018, 11:19 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Hugs! Just take some time off and get scrapping out of your mind for a bit
Relax and do some non-scrappy fun!

I'm sure it'll come back soon!
Old 06-14-2018, 11:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Could be the world's way of telling you to get away from the computer and do something else. Don't pressure yourself so much. Read more books, watch a new TV series, get out and about with friends, go window shopping. Just relax and enjoy the break. That's what I do when the mojo disappears.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

That's so frustrating! When it happens to me, I start by taking a few days off scrapping. After that I do scrapping related tasks like organizing photos and kits. If I've spent a week or so on all of that and still have no mojo, I do some very simple pages and don't worry if they're not that good. Eventually something clicks and my mojo comes back. Good luck-I hope you're over the slump soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2018, 10:35 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've been using paper sketches *gasp* lately to help with mojo.

I also am subscribed to lots of scrappers (all paper except for Traci Reed & Cheryl/Gone with the Wind) on Youtube and watch their vids for inspiration.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:42 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Sorry about your mojo! When I lose mine I usually just push on through it and create something. It doesn't have to be anything great, just something creative. But I need to be creative every day or I am not happy. Sometimes I do a different hobby too.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:58 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Maybe a scraplift would help?
Old 06-15-2018, 10:58 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I got through long dry spells sometimes. It takes new pictures or trips I’m excited about to get me scrapping again sometimes.

Last year I did maybe 3 pages until Christmas time, and started to feel motivated. And then our Disney trip has helped too.

Take a break, it’ll come back.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Think of it like getting pregnant...the more you stress about it, the less successful you are getting pregnant. I like to think the mojo is a lot like that. The more you stress about getting it back or finding your creativity, the less you want to do it. So you take a break, away from the computer, away from everything and do you. Before you know it, you are back and scrapping as you found your creativity again!

Okay, so it was a strange analogy, I apologize for the pregnancy/scrapping analogy, but I hope you understand what I was saying.

Take a break Ashley! Enjoy your family. Take photos. Take some time for you. Find creativity in your every day world (clothing patterns, the way things are set up at the store, etc). Hopefully you find it soon and come back with a vengeance! <3
Old 06-15-2018, 05:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry you're in a creative slump! For me, my emotions are directly tied to my creativity, so when I'm depressed, it's like my scrap ability is frozen. Which sucks, because being creative can help pull me out of a depression.

Here's something I've tried recently that was pretty successful: put your photos away, pick a kit that you love, and design a card in Photoshop. Maybe a thank-you card, or a birthday card, or a thinking of you card. It doesn't have to be for anyone specific ... just create a card.

I find sometimes that the act of creating, even if I'm not going to do anything with it, can overcome my scrap inertia.

Hope this helps!

Writing & creating (but mostly writing) for The Sweet Shoppe!
Old 06-21-2018, 09:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I wish I could help...I'm (just barely) pushing through the depression of issues with our oldest son. Some days, I just sit and stare at the screen.
Hang in there!! It will come back!