Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-15-2018, 07:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
LOL What are the chances

I've been scrapping along this month doing bingo, shooting for blackout again. Today I tallied all my blocks and only have EIGHT (8) more blocks for blackout (yay me, right?!) Do you realize that even though I only have 8 more blocks, I don't have a SINGLE line of Bingo ANYWHERE on my page?!

When you scrap Bingo, do you purposely make a line so you at least have one line at the end of the month? Or are you like me and scrap here, there and whichever prompt you feel like scrapping?
Old 06-15-2018, 07:58 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Yes, I try to at least get a line first then see how it goes!
Old 06-15-2018, 08:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do one line. . .that's all I seem to be able to do, so I just accept that.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Maybe next month I’ll try to do a line first so I’m not like this and don’t have a single line!
Old 06-16-2018, 12:23 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My goal is 2 lines - I'm too slow a scrapper to go for blackout. So yes, I start the month by picking my 2 lines (or pattern) and try to stick to challenges on those lines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2018, 01:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do it exactly like you, Wendy
--
Mama to Albert
Old 06-16-2018, 02:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i really need to get back in the bingo card for my mojo , it is so lang ago i scrapped this week i dit a few pages but i dont think i am at my old skills and lack a bit of mojo ! so bingo challenges will help to find it back i think i always start with one line and then go for the black out
Old 06-16-2018, 03:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I scrap here and there until I get a black out and leave the hardest ones for last...
Old 06-16-2018, 07:51 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I know I can't do blackout so I pick the line I know I can do and try to do a line connecting it. (my paying job keeps interfering with my hobby).
Old 06-16-2018, 09:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just scrap all over, I’ve managed a blackout each time but I guess I’d be crunching if I didn’t complete it to get a line or two complete.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That's awesome, Wendy! Funny, but awesome! I haven't even started on bingo for this month... I doubt I'll get blackout. Maybe once I'm home, I'll work on a game plan.
Old 06-17-2018, 02:35 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I try to scrap one line so I at least have something. Last month was the first month in a long time I was able to do that though. Been in a scrapping funk. I'm shooting for blackout this month and I'm well on my way. I only have 10 more to go!!
Old 06-17-2018, 02:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do the squares that call out to me first, sometimes it doesn't even make a line so then I have to fill the gaps in lol. I keep forgetting to post my card by the deadline though, I've missed it 2 months on a row
Old 06-17-2018, 10:08 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelia View Post
I do it exactly like you, Wendy
I'm so glad there is someone like me scrapping randomly throughout the prompts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbbumble View Post
i really need to get back in the bingo card for my mojo , it is so lang ago i scrapped this week i dit a few pages but i dont think i am at my old skills and lack a bit of mojo ! so bingo challenges will help to find it back i think i always start with one line and then go for the black out
You've been busy. I'm just glad to see you back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan37 View Post
I scrap here and there until I get a black out and leave the hardest ones for last...
Me too!! I'm stuck on the donut and picnic preparations! They will probably be my last ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjr@fuse.net View Post
I know I can't do blackout so I pick the line I know I can do and try to do a line connecting it. (my paying job keeps interfering with my hobby).
It stinks, sometimes we have to be responsible Last week was difficult for me, not because of my paying job but with being chauffeur to college, VBS, doctor appointments, etc. I was hardly home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasspace View Post
I just scrap all over, I’ve managed a blackout each time but I guess I’d be crunching if I didn’t complete it to get a line or two complete.
That's awesome that you've gotten blackout each time!! I usually try to do that, but some months are busier than the others and before I know it, I don't have a single line---a lot like this month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
That's awesome, Wendy! Funny, but awesome! I haven't even started on bingo for this month... I doubt I'll get blackout. Maybe once I'm home, I'll work on a game plan.
You've been busy scanning, scanning and scanning some more! Plus you are visiting family. That's more important than blackout or scrapping right now. Think of all the new photos you'll have for next month!! I can't wait to see your new layouts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie C View Post
I try to scrap one line so I at least have something. Last month was the first month in a long time I was able to do that though. Been in a scrapping funk. I'm shooting for blackout this month and I'm well on my way. I only have 10 more to go!!
Yay for working on getting out of that funk and to having just a few more prompts to go! You've got this. I know you can do it!! Let's do it together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
I do the squares that call out to me first, sometimes it doesn't even make a line so then I have to fill the gaps in lol. I keep forgetting to post my card by the deadline though, I've missed it 2 months on a row
I forgot to do that last month as well! I hate when that happens. I'm sorry Maybe I'll make a post about it on the 30th to remember to post those bingo cards so that people like us remember to do it before the deadline!!
Old 06-17-2018, 02:48 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

There has just been one time I got a blackout and that was last year on April. I've been trying to participate more and more in the bingo, but I just end up completing one or two blocks, that's it.

Still don't know how I manage finishing my 10 challenge layouts in one day for another site and 5 for another one and I can't get a single line here.

So this time I am pushing myself to do two things:
1) Get the 30% discount by creating 9 layouts, the easiest ones of course.
2) Use the kits I already own at least twice in the same bingo card... This time around was hard picking up the pattern I wanted to do but the cross one allowed me use 4 kits for 9 pages.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My goal is two lines so I will look and see what calls out to me.

I am hoping for another blackout but we shall see. I'm working 7 days a week between my two jobs with Thursday and Friday being 10 hour days as I leave one to go to the other. Today was a 9 hour day.......I am wiped out.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
There has just been one time I got a blackout and that was last year on April. I've been trying to participate more and more in the bingo, but I just end up completing one or two blocks, that's it.

Still don't know how I manage finishing my 10 challenge layouts in one day for another site and 5 for another one and I can't get a single line here.

So this time I am pushing myself to do two things:
1) Get the 30% discount by creating 9 layouts, the easiest ones of course.
2) Use the kits I already own at least twice in the same bingo card... This time around was hard picking up the pattern I wanted to do but the cross one allowed me use 4 kits for 9 pages.
You got this!!! I know you can do it!! Let me tell you a little secret, I didn't play Bingo here for a VERY long time because I didn't "get" it. I was used to the traditional challenges in other forums telling me specifically what to do that these ones overwhelmed me. For months, I would do maybe one or two bingo prompts and be baffled how others could do it so quickly! Now, goodness how long has the bingo challenge system been around?, I print my bingo card (in black and white) and I sleep on the prompts. I read the FAQ's for tips, hints, etc. because as I said above, I'm so literal I get stuck on a lot of prompts. I'm happy to say after doing this on/off for almost a year, I'm starting to be able to think outside of the box and it's helping with me not being so literal in life! But there are a few that I can't get past being so literal. I seriously look at Bingo as a way of bettering myself with my overall thinking in life! Crazy, huh?

I say all that in response to how you can scrap 10-layouts for one challenge, but barely getting a line here. You'll get it. You'll find your system and what works for you. Before you know it, you'll have blackout and be SO proud of yourself that you'll want to do it the next month, the following month, etc.

You got this! I know you do!!

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 06-17-2018 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
My goal is two lines so I will look and see what calls out to me.

I am hoping for another blackout but we shall see. I'm working 7 days a week between my two jobs with Thursday and Friday being 10 hour days as I leave one to go to the other. Today was a 9 hour day.......I am wiped out.
Wow Jaye!! Two lines is great with that work schedule!! That's a lot of hours! No wonder why you are wiped out!! Goodness, I hope things slow down a little for you so you don't get burned out!!
Old 06-18-2018, 02:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am similar as you- here & there until about this time of the month when I check a bit closer & see where I need to fill in to get at least 2 lines. Last month was the first time I got a blackout! I'm trying agian this month- but not sure I"ll make it since we are out of town a lot... Good luck to you!
Old 06-18-2018, 06:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
I am similar as you- here & there until about this time of the month when I check a bit closer & see where I need to fill in to get at least 2 lines. Last month was the first time I got a blackout! I'm trying agian this month- but not sure I"ll make it since we are out of town a lot... Good luck to you!
Woohooo on getting blackout last month!! I hope you can get blackout again this month, even with traveling!!! If not, you will have made a line or two!
Old 06-18-2018, 06:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I finally got a line of Bingo last night!!

Old 06-18-2018, 10:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I scrap whatever prompts work for my CT work or photos, whichever ones I'm inspired by first! Than, after working on so many and placing the layouts on the card, I see where I might get a bingo line. I put a star or something next to that prompt in my notes, and than try my best for the next layout I work on to fulfill that prompt!
Old 06-19-2018, 02:30 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I start out with the one line game plan then start to panic when one isn't coming together. Or I end up doing one square just to discover it fits better with one across the board. Then I end up all over lol
Old 06-19-2018, 05:16 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post

Me too!! I'm stuck on the donut and picnic preparations! They will probably be my last ones!
For donuts we happened to have a donut that day so I was able to scrap about that. You can scrap about not eating donuts maybe...

And picnic I just prepped a mini picnic and ate in our backyard and I took a few photos. Sometimes I just make the prompts happen. lol
Old 06-19-2018, 10:15 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan37 View Post
For donuts we happened to have a donut that day so I was able to scrap about that. You can scrap about not eating donuts maybe...

And picnic I just prepped a mini picnic and ate in our backyard and I took a few photos. Sometimes I just make the prompts happen. lol
I should forewarn you a friend of ours said I should take my children outside more often because they are starting to look like vampires

I did find photos from our Realtor's Client Picnic last year that I plan on using for this challenge. It's not preparations, but it's the best that I can do for picnic since we don't generally do things outside due to a child's sun/heat allergy.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Do you realize that even though I only have 8 more blocks, I don't have a SINGLE line of Bingo ANYWHERE on my page?!
hahah that was me a few months ago (december i think?) so funny when that happens

Old 06-21-2018, 02:42 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I only have 6 more spaces to go!!! I'm so excited and determined to finish this month!!!
Old 06-21-2018, 12:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie C View Post
I only have 6 more spaces to go!!! I'm so excited and determined to finish this month!!!
You got this!! I have four more to go! I'm determined to get at least one, if not two done today!!